“Good taste but...”

Tamarac, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good taste but...”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I really enjoy the food, this new location is very nice but the restrooms do not have a chaging table for babies. It is a dissapointment since this supposed to be a family restaurant. The other thing is that they charged you an automatic 15% tip for a group of 5 and up and considering that we were 4 adults and a 3 yr old kid that did not ordet a dish getting charged as we were 5 people is a joke! Thats the reason we are not going back to this place anymore.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jojolop

florida
“pleasant lunch spot”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

took my 91 year old mom to sax say for her first taste of Peruvian food. we ordered from the lunch specials menu. both of us had fish dishes which were nicely prepared and presented - very tasty and very reasonable. the ambience of the restaurant is nice - simple, understated, clean. service was good. I found the menu to be a little dull as compared to other Peruvian spots I have visited, but I think the dinner menu is more varied/enticing. in any event, there is a variety of chicken, fish and beef offered for lunch. what is missing is sandwiches, salads, vegetarian items. all in all, lunch was satisfying, but lacking a degree of pizzazz I had hoped to find.

Visited October 2013
Lauderhill, Florida
“A local gem”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Saxsay has moved--the address above is correct, but the city is technically Tamarac. It's now a healthy walk from my home, so to celebrate our 35th anniversary, the wife and I hiked over last night. We were rewarded by discovering a real gem.
Décor is clean and attractive--it actually reminds us of several Peruvian restaurants we found In Chile (where Peruvian food is very popular). Service is friendly and efficient, and our server was helpful in describing the various dishes on their extensive menu.
So how's the food? Wonderful! I can't vouch for their authenticity (though other reviews from Peruvians can), but it was just as fine, and very similar to what we had in Chile and Peru. We started with Papas a la Huanciana, cold cooked potatoes with a yellow pepper cream sauce, garnished with hard boiled eggs, lettuce, and olives. It was superb. Then our entrees were fish--fresh, fried grouper, perfectly cooked. She had it Menier style, with lemon juice. I had it Saxsay style, with chopped tomatoes and ribbons of spinach covered in a cheese sauce that had been lightly browned. Both were absolutely delicious. Washed down with a bottle of Casa de Bosques Sauvignon blanc, reasonably (for a restaurant) priced,
It was a really satisfying dining experience on all fronts, and we'll be back soon--the menu, as I said, is extensive, with 15 different preparations of fish alone, plus extensive appetizers, meat, poultry, you name it, all reasonably priced. They even have a private room for special celebrations.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank KentheEnchanter
Venice of America
“Good food!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

One of the best peruvian restaurants in south florida.The food is very good and the customer service is ok.The aji de gallina is one of the best and their jalea is good as well.My friend tried the chaufa de carne and told me it was good.Overall good food and price.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good peruvian selection”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very good pescado a lo macho
Nice jalea etc
Wide selection of peruvian cuisine
I enjoy my meal every time i visit the place.

• Visited January 2013