“Always good..and filling.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #108 of 231 Restaurants in Sunrise
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kingston, Jamaica
“Always good..and filling.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

I love steak 'n shake, so I was happy to go back on my recent trip to FL. For some reason, the mall was shut down that day, so my friends and I went for lunch. It was crowded, so that's my excuse for why the waitress didn't check on us very regularly. I tried their new parmesan herbs fries, which was delicious. I also had bacon and cheese fries, a regular burger and a cookiedough shake..all were very good. My friend said her jalapeno burger was better than the expensive one she had in Vegas - and cheaper. She's right, they have managed to maintain good food at an affordable price. Can't go wrong there.

Visited June 2013

england
“wonderful food wonderful service wonderfully cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

love it here food good, service good, price good. milks shakes are to die for for especially red velvet. we loved our waiter david he was cool.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Good fast food with a 50's flair.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

It's a 50's place. No big deal. Serves burgers and shakes. No five star place

Keeping it simple grab a m&m and Reeses milkshake... Pretty darn good! You'll come back for that at least!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Great service but unhealthy food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was in late last night with my Amway group. I found little I could eat, I am a vegetarian and all they have on the menu is fried food and hot dogs and meat. I ended up with coffee and water.
MY friends laughed when I perused the menu and said, "nothing ere but a heart attack on a plate!"

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Decent food for the whole family”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We ate there on a Friday night and it was not crowded. Had to wait a couple of minutes to be seated although there were plenty of tables and no one waiting in front of us. Waitress was overly friendly to the point of almost being irritating. I ordered a new special burger, the Sante Fe that came with japalenos and jack cheese. Had a little bite, but not bad. I am not a big Steak & Shake fan, but this burger was good! My wife had the japaleno burger which was suppose to have salsa on it, but by the time she took the first bite and discovered it didn't, we couldn't find our waitress. We looked for 10 minutes, no where in site, so she ate it like it was. We also had to wait a very long time for drink refills. No reason for that! Then we went to the register to pay and again waited for almost 10 minutes. First no one was there and then a couple came in to place a to go order and couldn't decide what they wanted. No attempt to help us in the mean time. Place was clean, food was good, but service really lacked.

• Visited January 2013