“Always Good Diner Food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I've eaten at the original Lester's in Fort Lauderdale for years, but have just recently started going to the Sunrise location on 136th Avenue. I wish I wouldn't have waited! Excellent diner grub, a huge menu, and excellent servers that seem genuinely appreciative for our patronage. Great meatloaf, LesterBurger (patty melt) and on my last visit, I had the gyro, which was great.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I eat breakfast here about once a month and it's always good and prices are pretty reasonable as long as you order from the menu. The service and delivery slows when it's busy but that's to be expected I guess.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

After the concert, Mom & myself were hungry. We came across Lesters Diner on the way back to our hotel. What a gem of a place. The decor was nice and comfortable. The menu was the largest menu I had ever seen. With a variety of foods from american to greek. I ordered a breakfast omelet. Mom ordered french toast. Both very good. We enjoyed talking with the waitress and other patrons about the Josh concert we had just been to. The prices on the menu are very reasonable. We would visit again.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Ordered the “Leo” consisted of scrambled eggs and salmon lox and onions. For side dish I ordered toast. The Leo was way too salty. The waitress was a little rude at times. My brother ordered the biscuit & gravy and what a way to ruined such an american classic. The gravy tasted pure wheat flour, no spices added to the gravy and to make it worse there was barely a few pieces of sausage present.

Modern decoration, so it is not the dark and old looking diner we are used to in other places.

I guess if you ordered a few basic things you will be ok to eat here. But remember, Do NOT expect too much.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

This diner is a part of the Lester's chain of diners in Ft. Lauderdale area. Like the original Lester's in Ft. Lauderdale, you get great food and service. The Greek manager/owner (I think his name is Spiro) is very welcoming and makes sure that the restaurant runs like clockwork. It can get very crowded at times, especially on Saturday and Sunday mornings. However, even at the busiest times, you usually get seated fairly quickly.

My personal favorite on the menu - corned beef hash with two eggs and home fries. I also recommend the biscuits and gravy.