“Construction - toilet overflowed - no help” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Guayaquil, Ecuador
“Construction - toilet overflowed - no help”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

50% of the hotel is under construction. Contractors use the same elevator as guests so you have to be careful because they might hit you with all kinds of stuff they are using while renovating the rooms.

The worst part of the stay was at 11pm when the toilet overflowed! The whole floor was full of whatever you can imagine.... No more words needed. Front desk person in charge told us that she can not help us. The only thing she offered was not to charge us for the room. It was almost midnight and we had to leave to the airport at 5am. We decided to stay for a few hours.

We left at 5am as planned. Without being able to get the front desk person attention. I guess that we were not noisy engough to wake her up. We just left a note saying that we checked out.

Stay away from this hotel. At least until they finish the renovation. It's a pity since is very close to Sawgrass Mills Mall.

Room Tip: On site construction!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed for three days on business and was impressed with the quality of the rooms and hotel, generally, for what I paid. I found the staff helpful and friendly, breakfast was fine and free USA newspaper daily. My only bugbear was the terrible Internet speed (<1Mb download on a good night). I confirmed this with technical support who had to reset my router before it could even connect properly. It's the same speed across the road, where a sister LaQuinta is also available. It's a shame, because I have to access my work while I am on the road and my laptop wouldn't connect at such low speeds. Otherwise I'd rate 5 stars and definitely return again if they fix the slow Internet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this property in August. We flew in from Toronto to shop at Sawgrass Mills for 2 days then we were taking a cruise. We booked this online using Expedia which lists this as a 3 star property.

We pulled into the hotel parking lot and it looked bright and new. As we were checking in the receptionist advised us we were at the wrong property. Apparently, the one we were booked at was directly across the street adjoining the gas station. Same hotel name - same owners. So we drove across the street only to find a terrible looking hotel clearly under renovation and not newly renovated. There was a crowd of shady guys in the parking lot......I was reluctant to proceed. I asked the receptionist if we could go back to the first property since it was owned by the same company and she said i would lose my prepaid room and would have to pay again and pay more. Sadly, we checked in.

There are fans blowing air in the hallways to absorb moisture. The room smelled like mold, was dark and dingy. It clearly wasn't cleaned as there was still someone else's hair in the shower. The doors were paper thin and as a result we were up all night due to the noise in the hallway til around 4am. In the morning when I mentioned this to the receptionist she advised me to call the front desk if it happens again "as they kick people out all the time."

The so called gym had no equipment that worked - in fact nothing was even plugged in....

It was a terrible stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have stayed several times at both La Quinta Sunrise, and we always enjoy it. All the staff are very kind and resolve any problem what we could have. I really recommend to stay there. Excellent rate according services.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stella C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
3.0 of 5 stars 857 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!