“better than you can expect” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills

La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“better than you can expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

It's not a luxury hotel of course but the rooms are quite spacious, the place is quiet and near the sawgrass mall an Fort Lauderdale airport and the price is great, one of the best hotels in this range of price

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank DanielRedondoEiriz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Korean first
Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I really would go back to this hotel. If you are planning on a shopping spread to Sawgrass Mills, this is definitely a good option if you are looking for a cheap but nice option. The beds are really comfortable and the staf was extra nice to me since I forgot to check out before going to the mall and came back one hour later of the time I had to be out. I totally recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Port of Spain, Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed 2 nights on the way to join MSC Poesia at Port Everglades. Chose this hotel because it is very close to Sawgrass Mills, we needed to shop. They have smoking rooms, a rare find, these days. There was very little left of breakfast by 8am. Shops do not open before 10.30, so it was a little inconvenient to have to get up earlier to be able to get something to eat. All in all, a good place to stay for convenience of shopping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Key West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

nothing bad but nothing great. We requested connecting rooms for a large family and friends trip but got adjoining rooms. Breakfast was good but very busy. A hotel that has 60-70 rooms should have more than 20 seats for breakfast.
Staff was very nice as well. Tried to help with the rooms but they were sold out.
All together a good stay and I will go back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Ondarroa,

I wish to commend your entire staff for their thoughtful actions with me. (I am disabled due to injuries that I sustained in a motorcycle/ automobile accident. I was on crutches during my stay.) The clerk on duty when I checked in assisted me in getting my luggage from my car and each and every time that I saw her, she always asked how I was doing and if I needed anything. She is an exceptional employee and is richly deserving of the highest praise I can offer. I wish that I could recall her name but, I am certain that you can figure out who she is and express my profound gratitude to this young lady.

I was also treated to breakfast served at my table by one lady working the breakfast bar. She realized that I couldn't select & carry food anywhere because of the crutches. She cheerfully invited me to a table and served me coffee and a bagel during a busy time. She too deserves high praise for her thoughtful and very considerate actions on my behalf.

The next time that I am down your way, you can be sure that I'll book again with your wonderful hotel & staff!

With Warmest Regards,

Orville Haxton
Fort Walton Beach, FLA

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

An inexpensive hotel that met our expectations.
Nice breakfast, clean rooms and friendly staff.
Location might not be great for everyone but worth considering if you are flexible.
Hotel is right off the highway and very close to outlet stores. Not far from Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Santo Domingo, Dominican Rpeublic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is a smoker's paradise...the rooms have a sharp horrible stench of cigarrete smoke...I stepped on a condom wrapper on the side of the bed...torn bedsheets, stained walls...subsanitary...to top it all off...noise at 3am coupled with marihuana smoke coming from next door...I call the front desk and they say they can't do anything because they're oversold even though I had booked way in advance and had specifically asked for a non-smoking room...this is by far the worst hotel stay I've had...writing this at 6:39am because I couldn't sleep and my luggage wreaks of smoke...disgusting!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank umones
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
3.0 of 5 stars 881 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Staybridge Suites Ft. Lauderdale Plantation

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!