“The way a hotel should be ran!”

Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
OTC Bar and Grill
“The way a hotel should be ran!”
Reviewed January 24, 2011

My nephew and I booked a fishing guide service to go bass fishing in the everglades and this hotel was on their list as a 3 day package deal and the guide would pick us up out front of the hotel.
Well all I can say is WoW, from the moment we walked in the door every employee we came in contact with was extremely polite and very helpful. They were having a welcome to the hotel free happy hour (2 hours) which I took it was on Wednesdays only. The staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome some of them actually sat at our table for awhile.
Then there is the free shuttle which takes you and brings you back anywhere in a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Now that is a deal in its self. Every driver we had went all out helping us decide the best bar and restaurants in the area.
This place gets my vote as one of the most clean and courteous hotels I have ever been to.

• Stayed January 2011
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, January 25, 2011
Thanks for the great comments! We love to meet our customers and get to know them. We do happy hour all week but the managers attend Wednesday nights. Hope to see you again soon!

John Schilling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Turkish first
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We stayed here prior to a cruise. It is quite far away from the cruise port and airport, but very close to Sawgrass Mills outlet mall (they say right across the street, but like a previous reviewer said, it's a far walk since the mall property is absolutely gigantic and the hotel grounds are spacious). We booked this hotel because it was close to the mall, and we were very happy with the amenities. The rooms were very clean, fairly modern. The beds were incredibly comfortable. Check in and check out was suuuper quick, which was appreciated. There was always complimentary coffee & tea & apples in the lobby which had comfortable furniture to lounge in while waiting for your family to come down from their rooms. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Were glad you enjoyed the shopping! While we are directly accross the street from the mall it is a BIG street. We have many guests that walk over but just so everyone knows we have a free shuttle that can take you and pick you up. Happy shopping everyone hope to see you here soon.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

The staff was always ready to help and solve any issue. They are very kind and I would like to thank them all in the name of Mrs. Pansy Garcia who dedicated her precious time to my family.
The Crowne Plaza at Sawgrass is THE PLACE to stay if you'll be shopping at Miami.

Thank you very much, you just made our vacation greater!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mauroprz
Thank you for your review. I'm really happy that my staff was able to assist you during your stay. We like to treat our guests like family and I'm happy to hear we did just that for you. We look forward to serving everyone like family. See you here soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 28, 2010

I very much enjoyed my first trip to the Crowne Plaza Sawgrass Mill. I plan to come to the area frequently for business in the future and will enjoy staying here again. The staff was very helpful, finding me transportation and providing me with small items I had forgotten to pack in my haste to get to the airport. The breakfast buffet was hot and delicious, getting me on with my day quickly.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Stayed a night before cruise. Incredibly friendly staff and convenient location. Shuttles to the Mall is a great amenity. Wonderful breakfast and good value overall. Would definitely recommend and would stay again

• Stayed December 2010
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed December 8, 2010

To start with: the lobby was very nice decorated for Christmas.
The rooms are à little bit outdated: the rooms look the same with the same furnuture as in 2004. No flatscreens and no grip in bath to shower (dangerous).

On our last evening on Saterdaywe planned to have dinner but the restaurant was closed for a private party. They did not announce that the restaurant was closed when we left the hotel for sightseeing. Only when we returned we noticed the sign that the restaurant was .
They sent us to Fridays.

We sent an e-mail to the hotel but 4 days later we did not receive any reply even after we replied again to ask à reaction!!!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, February 2, 2011
I'm sorry that your stay with us was not perfect. In December we did have the restaurant closed for some holiday parties. I don't think we handled the situation very well this holiday season and are going to make big changes for next year. Thanks for letting us know about your stay and how what we did made it less than perfect. I'm also wanting to tell everyone great news about the flat panel tv's while it's true we don't have them today they are coming this year and we can't wait for them to get installed. We recently installed free WIFI in the hotel and are looking forward to bringing HDTV to the rooms.
Miami, FL
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I knew this place would be different right from check-in.  There was a conference in town and the hotel was booked.  Registration was backed up, so the staff very kindly passed out bottles of Dasani to everyone in line.  When I got to the room, it was beautiful.  Every amenity you could think of was provided, right down to lavender-scented sheet spray.  It was so comfortable that we actually ended up skipping part of the conference just to stay in.  I wish I'd had time to visit the pool, but we had an early check-out.  The staff was incredibly courteous.  And the hotel is close to the arena, the mall, and every major restaurant.  I didn't even pay all that much for the room; in fact, I've paid more at crappier hotels.  Best thing?  They didn't tack on a "resort fee" that sneaky hotels do for things like Internet.  Everything was on the up and up.  I loved this place, and I will definitely stay next year when the conference comes.

• Stayed October 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!