“Pleasant stay with very good breakfasts.”

Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Flushing, New York
“Pleasant stay with very good breakfasts.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here two nights on business trip. Began not so good, then improved.

Not so good: Got lost trying to find the place as entrance is hidden. Front desk staff were competent,but not great. Usually as a silver member I can get a free bottle of water at most 3-star Hilton hotels. Not so here. They give you a cookie I won't eat (allergic) with the option to purchase more (no thanks.) At 88 degrees, I would prefer water to a warm cookie.There was water in the room for $4 a bottle. This is a Doubetree in Sunrise, not the Waldorf. I bought water at the grocery store.

A/C was rather difficult to get the room really cool. It was OK, not great.

On a positive note, Nanecie was terrific at breakfast, even while Jose, the restaurant manager, was on vacation. The food and service at breakfast were excellent. It was the best part of my stay.

Shutte service to nearby venues was greatly appreciated, free except for tipping the driver. So convenient!

On the whole, I was pleased with my stay. For more than a few days, there are other Hilton hotels, nicer and better, for the same cost, such as the Boca Raton hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floors on lake side are not as noisy. Paid extra for a lake view, but I think it was worth it...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We give all levels blue, silver, gold and diamond memebers two free waters in the room I'm sorry that we missed yours. If anyone stays at our hotel as a Hilton Honors member you get two bottles of water free in your room just ask us for it if we missed it the day you checked in.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Turkish first
St. Augustine, United States
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is wonderful, staff is great. The breakfast buffet was amazing and all of the service staff and management went above and beyond to ensure we were taken care of. The hotel is close to the BB&T center and they even provided shuttle service free of charge. The shuttle got us to thw venue on time and we were picked up promply after the concert and were back at the hotel in less than 15 minutes, even in the crazy event traffic :)

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi and thank you so much for your review. We are the perfect hotel to stay for a concert and I'm glad you had a great time. See you again soon.
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked the Hilton for a 2 night stay to attend a concert nearby! From the moment we arrived, I immediately felt the level of service was lacking! It really felt like the staff were at work and just going through the motions of their job! No passion, no sincerity, and quite frankly very flat interactions.
Had quite a negative interaction with the front desk supervisor and ended up walking away to avoid the conflict. She later upon my departure apologized as she admitted she was not appropriate and offered me compensation for my stay. That was very kind, but just confirms the way I felt upon entering.
Jose, F/B Manager of the restaurant was very pleasant as was Naneice who waited on us both mornings for the breakfast buffet. Two positive additions to this hotel!
Would be nice to have the bar area staffed between meal services for those wanting a refreshment!
Breakfast buffet was nice with a wide selection of choices, well presented. Best part of our stay!
I am highlighting the positive, but the overall experience was not as I had intended or hoped.

2 Thank SRQao
JohnSchillingGM, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write your review. I'm sorry about your interaction with the front desk staff and am addressing it with all my managers and supervisors. We try really hard to give good service and I take this to very seriously and am glad you wrote about it. I'll also make sure to share with the restaurant staff how happy you were with them.
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for business; checked in late, staff was helpful, room was clean, free parking nearby. Much better value than the comparably priced hotels in the area. I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Miami Lakes, FL., United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The best service from Claudius at breakfast in the morning to the ladies at the bar at night and the staff at the reception desk , Alex, Kiram, Robert and others that I can not remember. To All Thank you.

Milton, MA, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here for my sister's wedding and was incredibly surprised. Staff were incredibly friendly and accommodating. My room was clean and spacious. Great location. Incredibly well priced for the amenities you receive. Plan to stay here again!

Cayman Islands
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Overalll very impressed. Staff from start to finish were pleasant and clearly went out of their way to ensure everything was going well. Lobby looked quite modern and trendy. Rooms were average but beds and lines were super comfortable. I didnt want to get out of bed...! Carpet in the room could have done with a good steam clean but for the most part everything else in the room was very clean. I didnt get a chance to eat at the restaurant there but looked at the menu and it seemed reasonable. Lots of restaurants close by and a TGIF across the street, one minute walk away. Parking was good/easy. Thank you doubletree for giving us free easy wifi, this is a no brainer nowadays. Good value at this hotel, I would stay here again. Thanks

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Sheraton Suites Plantation, Ft Lauderdale West
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!