“epic concert, epic stay”

Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sunrise
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had a great time, and really appreciate the extra lengths the staff went too, to make our stay there as pleasant as possible. Denise Miller and a gentleman by the name of Soloman were a pure delight. Added bonus, didn't have to shell out extra money for a cab due to the free shuttle that took us to and from Bank Atlantic Center. The breakfast buffet the following morning after a long night out was delightful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,473)

Reviewed March 10, 2013

I would like to express to all that I have had nothing less than a great experience when staying at this hotel. The staff at desk are always very courteous and helpful. Also, I would like to add that the restaurant staff is equally as courteous and friendly. The food is very good and plentiful. At the bar Robyn is always helpful even outside of her duties with recommendations of local attractions. I would recommend this Hotel for business and or families without question.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2013

From the moment one pulls to the entrance to the hotel, the caring starts. Polite welcome by the bell hop , then enter to broad welcoming smiles by receptionists.
Everyone concerned wants you to be comfortable and it shows.
Special Kudos to Robyn in the bar. Watch her hurry to take care of her customers....making sure they will want to come back.
Hotel is very close to Hockey Arena..Take the shuttle to and from the Arena and the shopping mall.
Plenty of parking. Walk to local restaurants.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor .. much quieter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I am a fan of Doubletree as it is, I am sure the cookie plays a big role in that. This hotel is located in a very good area, close to a lot of shopping places. You can walk to many restaurants around within a mile radius. The hotel staff are dressed well and very professional. The breakfast buffet there is excellent a little pricey but so worth it. The staff in the restaurant also makes it a pleasurable experience, they are friend and helpful and always happy. The rooms are clean, they are nicely placed and good housekeeping. I would defi recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We selected this hotel because it was located close to the BB&T Arena where we were going to see our first Bon Jovi concert. We also selected this hotel because they provided transportation close to the arena (we actually thought it was to the arena, but we were wrong). The van took us across two streets from the arena and we had to walk the rest of the way. Not a long walk, but a walk non the less. The hotel staff from check in to van driver to check out was perfect...right down to the warm cookie at check in. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. What more can you want from a place away from home?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The location is great. Easy access to the highways or the Florida Turnpike (about 2 Minute drive) Also directly accross the Shopping Mall. You can easly walk there. (would not recommend that when coming back with all the bag, use the free shuttle.
Also parking is free as well.
As in all Doubletree's the cookies is a really nice treat when arriving.
You have free internet
The room I stayed was clean and big for a 1 person travelling.

Two things did not got so well.
I booked a king bed room as was assigned 2 doulbe beds.
Also I received an email prior to arrival if I would like to order anything. As travelling from Europe (10 hour flight ) I was looking forward to the ordered soda's and choclate covered strawberries. As per email they would be in the room when checking in.
I arrived late (after 4pm) but nothing was delivered. Not that day or on the 3 other's I stayed there.
When checking out, I ask if I had any additional charges and they said no.
So I hope the did not charge me. But I have to wait for the credit card statement.
Also, when I was asking about those charges I was not offered a copie of the bill.
not sure if that was because the room was paid for before arrival.

If I will be in that aera again I would stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room on high floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Booked this on Hotwire.com for a great rate. Robyn, the resident bartender had a wonderful personality, and amazing customer service. She set the bar high and the rest of the staff didn't fall short. Our room was comfortable, and the food was enjoyable. We managed to score two tickets to the NHL game and they provided us with a free shuttle to and back from the game.

Room Tip: Try hotwire.com to get better rates.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
Sawgrass Grand Hotel and Suites Sports Complex
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise Sawgrass Mills
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
4 mi away
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation
Comfort Suites Sawgrass

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills? Share your experiences!