“SALT SALT AND MORE SALT”

Brazaviva Churrascaria
Reserve with OpenTable
Brazaviva Churrascaria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 240 Restaurants in Sunrise
Cuisines: Barbecue, Brazilian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sunrise Blvd and Sawgrass Mall
Description: Your dining experience at BRAZAVIVA includes unlimited visits to our Gourmet Salad Bar and continous tableside service featuring the finest Brazilian fire-roasted meats
Sunrise, Florida
“SALT SALT AND MORE SALT”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The worst steak house i have ever been to in my life anywhere in the world I’ve traveled to. It seems the salt is their main ingredient. The salad bar was elegant and fancy but if elegant and fancy were substituted with flavor it would be ok!! Waiting for the waiters to come by with the skewer of meat was like waiting for taxi in a deserted island! Forever! The price for the value is Outrageous and to pay for salty food was a waste of money. When we told the head waiter, hostess and manager they made no offer to do a thing!!!! Just a slight we're sorry. This was a horrible experience. It’s a shame because we live 10 minutes away and the stand alone building makes it look a winner. Believe me this is a looser........

• Visited May 2010
4 Thank badfood3

florida
“little disappointed”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

the good,great salad bar nice variety very tasty,great selection of wine from different wine producing countries,layout of restaurant and atmosphere was good.Was disappointed with the steaks you should not be eating steaks and crunching on sea salt the quality in my opinion were below usda choice grade,they advertise different sausages but was only served the brazilian variety which i did not like,the lamb was good and the cut of beef ribs.At $35 for dinner for one person i expected more. i would gladly accept less food,better quality steaks for the price.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank trini1968
Atlanta, GA
“AYCE weekday lunch at $16.99 was good value”
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I can't speak for dinner or what they might offer then that they don't for lunch, but the weekday lunch deal (M-F, noon to 4 p.m.) at $16.99 has been excellent value for me. Bring an appetite. The salad/food bar is likely a little basic (think Sizzler restaurants) on choices, but that just means you can use more appetite for the meat. I didn't see a lot of high-end cuts, like filet mignon, offered for lunch, but they had frequent sirloin steak, garlic steak, flank steak and cuts like that, as well as sausages and good chicken-breast kebabs, all brought periodically to your table until you turn over the card to red. Getting enough to eat is rarely in doubt.

The $16.99 price doesn't include drink. I just ordered water; I think the prices on iced tea with refills are a little steep, even compared to other places that have it priced high. They need to work on that, and also on their Internet visibility. I did a generic Google search for Brazilian steakhouses in Fort Lauderdale and didn't see them anywhere on the first 3 pages (I know Sunrise isn't technically Fort Lauderdale, but many more people will be searching on Fort Lauderdale vs. Sunrise).

Location is on the far west side near the swamp and Sawgrass Mills, though it's not too hard to reach if you take the I-595 west to the Sawgrass Expressway north and then exit east at Sunrise Blvd (no toll needed). It's on the north side of Sunrise Blvd. not far east of the exit.

Obviously expectations will be a lot higher if you're paying above $30 for dinner or on weekends. I have only tried the weekday lunch, so I don't know what they do different for the other meals. But I think the weekday lunch deal is really good value.

1 Thank ploughman8
Florida
“A Disaster”
Reviewed August 2, 2009

I ate at the Sunrise branch a couple of months ago, and it was a disaster. We paid about $43 per person for dinner. Salad bar was so-so. Much of the meat tasted like it was past it's prime. We ordered french fires and they brought us potato sticks. When we pointed out that we asked for fries, we were told that they were out, so they took it upon themselves to substitute the sticks instead (maybe they thought we wouldn't notice the difference?).
The Knife, and Argentine steakhouse, is just a few feet East. They charge less, and the food is far superior.

I've eaten at many other Brazilian steakhouses, but never one as poor as this one. Don't waste your money.

2 Thank MrJoelB