“Changed ownership / management”
Review of Shamrock - Sunrise

Shamrock - Sunrise
Shamrock - Sunrise
“Changed ownership / management”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I was an employee working there before change of ownership in May 2011, it looks like the quality has gone down drastically due to new management. I was proud to operate the property with a great staff and excellent customer service as you can see in the older reviews prior to May 2011.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Carlos A. R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Midwest City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 10, 2014

This place is a dump. The complex is not kept up. Dirty, trash everywhere. I needed to rent a temp place for work. I rented it through a place called The Perfect Place located in Coral Springs Fl. The apt was furnished with old furniture circa 1970. The Kitchen ware consisted of 4 dishes, cups, drinking glasses, to small frying pans and one small cooking pot. The silverware was also the same quantity. I was told in advance I needed to bring my own towels. There was only one set of sheets that was on the bed. The vacuum cleaner leaked oil. The shower curtain had mold on it and the garbage disposal did not work. People who live there allow there kids to pee in public. On my last day as I was moving my stuff out a young girl, age 10, squatted down in from of my car and started to pee. Her two fat guardian were to lazy to take the elevator up to there apt. DONT RENT AT THIS PLACE...

The Perfect Place (P&P) is the worst company to work with. Once you send the deposit to rent a corporate apartment, the owner insists that you pay the second month rent in advance of the due date, 20 days in advance. After my contract was up, I called him and asked about my deposit, he said I have wait 30 days before I could get my refund. He started to yell on the phone when I questioned him about his practices; then hung up the phone.
Stay Away from this Company.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank f k
Davie, Florida
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Place rented me a room, even took down my vehicle and tag information, but somehow still towed my vehicle and around thirty other vehicles, at 3:00 am. Frusterating experience, waiting for class action lawsuit.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank MrMike33325
Sunrise, Florida
Reviewed December 5, 2012

It is not a hotel anymore. It was changed to a renting community with lease agreements of 10 to 12 months.
The place has 148 parking spaces with 150 apartments. Some of them are 4bedroom/3baths. They are continiously letting more people in, and now residents cars are being towed by the city becuase there is not parking space. I am a current resident in this place and I have been having to park my car in the Wind Dixie across the street, like many of the other residents. We were never told that the lease agreement says they dont guarantee enough parking space for everyone. Waiting to move out very soon

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We got this online, didnt know anything about it...
Outdoor pool area was average but we didnt had time to use it,
Room was clean, beds were comfortable...Small tv´s but they did the job.
I recommend this good rates.

Room Tip: All good rooms to pool area
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
silver spring, md
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We stayed for 4 nights in February with our 2 year old daughter and other family. This is about the only hotel in miami that offers 3 bedroom units. We were very happy with the facility. Our room was clean, had decent furnishings, and decent front office staff. There's no housecleaning or office staff after 5 PM. But as long as everything is working, which it was for us, we were very content. The kitchen is very good with all the amenities, and has a washer and dryer.

The hotel has a small workout room (treadmill, elliptical, and 1 weight machine) and an outdoor pool and hot tub. Not too many perks at the place, but it also has free parking right next to your unit. I should also mention that the place felt safe and we weren't worried about crime.

There's a winn-dixie right next door along with a strip shopping center, it also has a cinema. A conservative synagogue is next door also, and it has an orthodox daily minyan.

The negatives: No carpeting, which means if you have a noisy upstairs neighbor it'll be loud plus it's not so great for little kids. Pets are allowed although we didn't hear any dogs. The walls are somewhat thin and there's water waste pipes right inside the walls by the bedroom so it can be a little bit noisy. The location is ok, but it's quite a drive to the beaches and miami.

Overall, we were very impressed by this place and would stay here again. The value for your money is the best feature - the hotel isn't all that fancy but for the price we paid we got much more than we were expecting.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Arbon, Switzerland
Reviewed October 26, 2010

We stayed 2 weeks in october 2010 and have been very satisfied with our lodging at shamrock sunrise. Clean, proper, quiet and secure accommodation. Modern apartment. Very friendly and helpful staff at the front desk (Thank you!). Just some steps to supermarket (just crossing the street behind the building).
We just can recomend this accommodation, but please note that you have to drive around 25 minutes to Fort Lauderdale beaches.
We would come again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunrise
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sunrise
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft Lauderdale - Plantation

Been to Shamrock - Sunrise? Share your experiences!