“Charging A Fee Without Informing The Public Is Not Good”
Review of Sun City Stables

Sun City Stables
Sarasota, Florida
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Charging A Fee Without Informing The Public Is Not Good”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

When I accidently ran across Sun City Stables in July 2013 I was really surprised to see a farm animals petting area. It was great. I stayed and enjoyed for about 20 minutes. My next visit here was 8-7-13. About 10 minutes after arriving a lady came and asked if she could help us. I was then informed visiting the animals was $5 per person. There isn't a sign anywhere about a fee and the website doesn't inform about this either. So this is a heads up to others who might visit here. Also there are two separate places with the goats. The first section where you park the animals seem happy and healthy. The other section to the left there are some sick goats. Some are coughing and breathing hard. So I wouldn't pet those at all. Real heartbreaking to see them like this. Thanks

Visited August 2013
6 Thank Charles R

Bradenton, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Suncity Stables”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The people who helped me with selecting a horse were very helpful and understanding. They were able to get me a horse who suited my riding ability. I'm an avid rider who love horses who think and have personality, and that's exactly what I got! Thank you! They had a wide variety of horses, even paso finos. The trails were beautiful, though there was the need for bug repellent. You cannot go anywhere in Florida where that isn't the case.

1 Thank Brittany T
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice place to visit”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I visited sun city stables the other day, where I was approached by a lady with a good morning welcome to sun city stables. As we continued to the office area we were asked our experience level, and wether we needed a guide ( in which we choose not to have.) We were informed about the water on the trails due to recent rains, but I had no issue with that! We were offered bug repellent due to the increase in water so are the bugs. We are novice riders and were a little nervous but was reassured that we would get adequate instructions upon mounting. This lady told us every thing that was going to happen as far as pulling out our horses and where we were going to mount, I watched her spray down all horses with bug repellent as well... She handed us our horses and gave us a quick low down on what kind of horse and some little personality quirks I thought was cute. Long story short, we take our horses to a block and get on in where they gave us a quick lesson in basic riding how to sit, rein, stop ect... Then this lady proceeded to walk us a distance out to then explain the trail to us. Very easy instructions... I would recommend this place and also would visit again! The trails were wet but brought me back in time to fl natural environment ... Will do it again soon.

1 Thank Azuremaximus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great experience with Nelson the horse.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I went to sun city stables today and I must say it is the best horse riding place I have ever been too. They had lovely trails, horses, and petting zoo. I rode with the horse Nelson he's a short little thing but the perfect size for a kinda short person.

1 Thank Heavinmay
Sarasota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Waste of money”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I recently went to Sun City Stables for an unguided one hour ride with family from out of town. We had to pay first, and we were there in time for our scheduled ride. Nothing was ready. The horses were put away and were not brought out and saddled until we got there. This took an additional 45 minutes into our ride time. It has been raining and the trails were all FLOODED.
Seriously, we literally rode through one to two feet of water the entire ride. Very bad!!!
We complained when we got back, but the lady who helped us shrugged her shoulders stating she had no idea it was that flooded. They knew, they had to.
Don't waste your money. It is not worth it.

6 Thank Ceci P