“Would NOT Recommend”
Review of Sun City Stables

Sun City Stables
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The owner of this place is a thief and a fraud who steals money from people and claims that "there are no refunds".

On a Sunday afternoon my mother and I went to go see the horses and when we arrived we were greeted by a young lady who said it would be 5 dollars each. Since my mother had no interest in horses she was going to wait in the parking lot until I was finished. Then the owner came around in his minivan and said that my mother had to pay $5 just to wait in the parking lot unless she waited by the road! Unhappy with his ridiculous request I asked for my money back and he wouldn't give it back! Claimed that "there are no refunds"! Mind you that at this point I didn't see anything and was still at the entrance!
Do not come to this place, if they are this rude to paying customers, imagine how horrible they are to their animals. Will never come again.

4  Thank Tamsen_E

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Went today it was great fun, the horse where fun to ride some review says the horse did not obey you that is true but any experience rider will know what to do and can control the horse and it makes it more fun anyway.
3hrs is good enough time to get around nice people and the horse seem happy enough. recommend for anyone who is brave enough to have some fun without knowing what to do, or real horse riders who can control there mounts

1  Thank Jennyln
Reviewed April 4, 2013

After booking a whole day for my cousin, aunt and myself we arrived at the stables on a Thursday morning ready for riding. Upon getting there we approached a blue trailer where you pay. An older lady in about her mid 60's came out and said that we had to pay first (gentleman on the phone said to pay AFTER you ride). The woman told us that for the whole day, it was $60 per person and they only accepted cash. After paying and signing a waiver we walked over to the tarped stalls where the horses are kept. We decided to use a guide so we could get to know the trails. After being out there for 10 minutes, our guide David led us back as there was terrible lightening and thunder along with down pour. We went back to sit in the truck and after a couple hours of waiting, I called the office to see about a rain check (no refunds allowed). The man (named DAVE) said rain checks must be used in the same day, so we continued to wait in the truck. After a few more hours of waiting, our guide David came and asked if we wanted to just get a rain check. I told him we were told that they must be used same day and said "what kind of rain check is that!?!?" David said he would go back to talk to his father Dave. David (our guide for 10 minutes) came back with a business card that said raincheck for $180 good for one month. He then proceeded to say "is there anything you can do about the guiding.... I did take you guys out there and I got really wet". My aunt proceeded to give him $20. After half hour my aunt received a phone call stating that the rain check was no good. Dave (the father whom we never saw while there) said that if we tipped his son, that's our deal and that no rain check was going to be honored. My aunt said "Well sir, we are now out over $180" and Dave proceeded to say "well, however you want to take it"

The horse my cousin was given had awful cracked hooves (SHOULD NOT have been riden in his condition). All horses looked to be poorly cared for and didn't have proper stalls. They were mostly all ungroomed and looked like they had been without a bath for months.

This place is a joke!!!!

4  Thank Ash0126
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great petting zoo. Horrible stables (tarps) and riding experience! Poorly run no concern for safety or satisfaction of guests. Got there at 2:45 for 3pm reservations. Not even on horses by 4pm. Too horrible to waste more energy writing. No refunds is the killer - even if the horses try to throw you off before you get on the trails.

6  Thank Tiffanie L
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Don't waist your time. This is not an attraction - it is a hodge-podge of stables, non-interested staff and non-accommodating management. Way over priced. If you are not completely satisfied don't expect any sort of refund.

7  Thank deb l