“WORTH THE MONEY...”

Looe Key Reef Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Looe Key Reef Adventures specializes in private snorkeling, cruising and fishing charters for up to 4 people and delivers a high quality fun experience to individuals, small groups and families. Fully licensed and insured, we design activities around your schedule and focus solely on ensuring you have a safe, fun outing.
Reviewed July 12, 2014

A bit steep, but definitekly worth the mney... my two 15-year-old granddaughters did not want to... leave! We highly recommend it, especially for children (also "grown-up children: too...)

1  Thank Giorgio0338
There are newer reviews for Looe Key Reef Adventures

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Upon first contact with Tara at Looe Key Reef Adventures, I was impressed. I made a reservation for a snorkel trip at 7:30 AM on 6/20/14. The reservation process was extremely easy. I had to change my reservation to 12:15 PM after discussing the wake-up time with my boyfriend. :) I am so happy we changed it. What we experienced and filmed was beyond our expectations. Captain Tom and his staff catered to our every need. We saw every fish and sea creature on our list. They even helped us when my boyfriend lost his wound dressing, and ensured it was properly clean and wrapped. We were able to enjoy every minute of this reasonably priced excursion. Our GoPro video footage was flooded with clips, and we have made three videos thus far. On our journey back to the Tiki Bar, we spotted a pod of dolphins. Captain Tom took an extra 30 minutes, and stopped for us to experience these amazing animals in their natural habitat. It was magic! I truly appreciate them for everything they did to make this memorable. The only regret I had is that I did not purchase a flash drive of the photos that the on-board photographer took of us. I figured we would have enough on the GoPro, but every image was so special. I will return over and over again, you have won the heart of two locals!! Thank you so much!!!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We booked a trip with Captain Tom in April 2014 at the suggestion of a friend who is a marine biologist and author of a few books on fish. We were two couples. The boat was very nice, had a canopy and back open deck and a clean head.

Tom was incredibly thoughtful about staying in touch to make sure we picked the time and day that was best, weather-wise. As it turned out the winds were fairly calm and we all loaded up at 10:00 a.m. and headed out to Looe Key for some snorkeling. One of the four of us didn't want to get in the water and Tom was great about staying in the boat with her and telling her stories. She had fun while the three of us spent time seeing some incredible fish and lots of barracuda.

Tom moved the boat to another part of Looe Key, and we went out again. Then he took us to Newfound Reef, or Newfound Key (called both) and we checked out the boulder coral.

Our time was up, but he wanted us to try some fishing, so we caught and released some grunts and then headed back. Our four-hour trip lasted five and a half hours and everyone just loved it.

Tom is a great guy and his boat is very clean, and his prices reasonable. I recommend him very highly. More questions about Tom or the Keys, you can write me at vbfrombuffalo@gmail.com.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Our custom charter with Capt. Tom was the best part of our trip to the Keys!!! He is very knowledgeable and is extremely easy to work with. The boat is excellent and makes the water feel very smooth. The snorkelling was great and we won't forget the giant spotted eagle ray that was only feet away from us. The fishing was fun and I only wish we could have landed the shark on the dead stick. We would highly recommend Looe Key Reef Adventures!!!!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We had a great outing with Tom on the Urban Adventure. He was totally cooperative and flexible in setting up a good day, and even arranged for good weather and calm seas. Tom gave us good advice, and the snorkeling over Looe Key was terrific - saw lots of great fishes including many barracuda, a reef shark, lots of parrotfish, filefish, various grunts and snappers, cleaner fishes, and others. The highlight was a visit from two Goliath Grouper after we had returned to the boat - so we hopped back into the water for a closer look. They were enormous.