“Awesome Adventure!”

Florida Keys Kayaks and Eco Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: We do Kayak Tours and Rentals in the Florida Keys. We offer a daily 3 hour paddle to and are the originators of the "Wayback Tour" wherein we take you and the kayaks on our boat way back into the most pristine and beautiful backcountry. We also offer rentals and "rent and ride" in which we take you out to a sweet spot in the backcountry and you paddle back down wind. We have many interesting and wonderful tours and don't forget about our Rentals and Full Moon tours...just ask for Captain Markus.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We enjoy getting off the beaten path and love experiencing the real florida! After renting a kayak, getting some good directions and a map we were off to discover the back country. We saw many fish including mangrove snappers, and Permit. We also saw a sea turtle, many sting rays and even a 6 foot shark. What a great way to spend a beautiful day in paradise!

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"keys"
in 44 reviews

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were really interested in kayaking the back country waters of the Keys. We happened upon the Florida Keys Kayaks and Eco Tours shop. We didn't have a reservation and only had to wait a few minutes before we met Captain Markus. He asked us what we were interested in and when we wanted to go. When we told him "now", he didn't even hesitate! He was ready to go on a moment's notice. He checked the conditions and tides and chose a spectacular location for our kayak trip. He is a kind and charismatic soul...we felt as if we knew him all of our lives. He gave us a beautiful kayaking experience filled with so much interesting knowledge! I would recommend him to anyone wanting to immerse themselves in an amazing experience in the Florida Keys! We will definitely go on many more adventures with him in the future. Look no further, he is.... as good as it gets!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Having recently moved to Miami, this was my first time going to Key West and I wanted to go kayaking. After looking around the reviews on several sites, I chose CPT Markus and I couldn't have made a better choice! My experience was very positive and over and above my expectations. I happen to be the only one doing a tour that afternoon and so I got a one on one tour loaded with lots of information and tons of things to see....sharks, stingrays and even saw a couple of horseshoe crabs..AND I got a little extra time on the water. It was an awesome day! I definitely will be returning here with family and friends who are wanting a kayaking tour! Thanks again CPT Markus!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Cpt. Markus was a perfect guide for our morning kayak with our 6-yr old son. We had a solo tour so got to ask lots of questions and could enjoy the peace and quiet of the trip. We learned a ton about the Keys ecosystem and got to wind through the mangroves. Spotted a bonnet shark, lots of cool/rare corals and sponges, and a great white heron. Fabulous trip! We highly recommend hitting the water with Capt Markus!!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Talking about above and beyond the call of duty, Captain Markus is the best. We had a simple request, we thought.. Our son is in the Boy Scouts and while we were in the Keys we thought it would be great for him to earn his Kayaking merit badge. Well, after a few calls like “hey can our son tip your kayak over during the tour?” The answer was NO until we found Captain Markus. Not only was the answer YES he went on line, found the requirements and spent over an hour making sure our son fulfilled all of the requirements. WOW.

On top of that, we had the greatest tour ever. Captain Marcus is extremely knowledgeable about the Florida Keys eco-system in the bays waterways and among the mangroves. These are amazing habitats for the fish, birds, animals and plants. What a great day!

1  Thank George G