“My first trip was Excellent, Don't use the market” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Wharf Bar & Grill - CLOSED

The Wharf Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Augustine, Florida
“My first trip was Excellent, Don't use the market”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I loved this place the first two times, third not so much. The mango coleslaw has changed and a total rip off if ordered as a side. The outside is dog friendly and right on the canal. Watch out for the benches, I saw two people tip over by sliding to the edge and the bench flipping. The food is good but expensive which I don't mind because the ingredients seemed fresh. After my third visit I decided to buy some fish and organic chicken to take home to Key West. The Tuna looked great, I bought over a pound at 16.95 per pound. I asked for an organic chicken, was a little surprised that it was frozen but took it home and thawed it two days in the fridge. I cooked the tuna the same day and gave it to the dog. I frequently cook tuna, this had a bad taste, I was a little concerned for the dog. I just finished roasting the chicken, it smelled a little off before I cooked it, I washed it completely and found two broken bones. After cooking it still smelled off, I am debating whether to give it to the dog. So that was a purchase of $30.00 worth of dog food. The lettuce was good, it was also expensive. but at least I got to eat it.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

pompano beach florida
“Leaving the mundane behind.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Ushered here by those rascals running the Boy Scouts Sea Base High Adventure Camp, I have now made this the jumping off point of "feeling the keys".

Here's how it works. Drive in, get out, order the fish of the day certain to be Mahi-Mahi or Yellow Tail Snapper pann'e with butter. Consume two Blue Moons. Retreat to the outside tables, flap open my 5' square of tie-died cotton fabric with which I encompass my self and the bestest - freshest fish, I've eaten - and become one with it. In more than a dozen visits, they have never failed to deliver.

and yes, at least one fish gives up his or her life for me. Circle of life.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“A Great Local Key's Dining Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Probably one of the Friendliest Restaurants anywhere in the Florida Keys. Very Casual. Very laid back and very good food. You can dress anyway you like to come here for lunch or dinner. They have awesome lunch and dinner specials. Prices are good. Service has vastly improved. The drinks are all great. On Tuesday night they have Tijuana Tuesday, on Wednesday night its Wichita Wednesday and on Thursday night they have Havana Thursday. All specializing in main courses from that area. All excellent! Sometimes they do run out of certain seafood but its because all their seafood is FRESH! Lots of locals eat here and all are very friendly. So easy to strike up a conversation about anything pertaining to the Keys with anybody eating or drinking here. They do have outside tables that are overlooking a small canal if you prefer to eat outside. Pretty much a winning situation dining here.

Manchester, MI
“Great Food, Cool Local Joint.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed at a house near the Wharf & ate there several times even did takeout once. Food & Service was always great. It's got a real "Keys" atmosphere. I had the impression its very popular with the locals as well.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Low key place with great breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Greasy spoon little place with great eggs and bacon. The home fries were great also. We got in quick at 10am, greeted by friendly staff.