“Best Pizza in The Villages”

Francesco's Ristorante
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Summerfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Best Pizza in The Villages”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Look no further for pizza in The Villages, this is the place! Hand tossed, thin crust, fresh ingredients, wood fired, doesn't get any better. Nice atmosphere, cold beer and the Golf Channel on TV. I'll be back!

The Villages, Florida, United States
“Delicious, 3 1/2 stars”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Four of us went on a Sunday evening. We ordered the following dishes: Salmon Salad ($9), Il Trio Italiano ($11), Eggplant Rollatini ($10) and Veal Parmigiana ($12). The Veal Parm was tender and excellent, though the sauce was watery and somewhat bland tasting. The salmon salad was excellent and beautifully presented. The eggplant was fabulous, and the Il Trio Italiani was very good. I think that the bread that our server brought out was a sub roll that might be used for lunches.
Our server seemed very rushed and at times it was hard to get her attention when we needed extra lemons and grated cheese. She would not customize my salad with some items I requested be taken off. She did not offer a refill on my soda.
We came during Happy Hour - 2 for 1. Our only comment was that the wine glasses are very small. You get 2 small glasses of house wine for $6.95. We wouldn't want to pay that price for just one small glass of house wine.
We are happily impressed with the lovely decor, the cheap food prices, the large number of items on the menu, and that the owner came over to ask how things were. My husband told him about the bland, watery sauce, and he listened. We will definitely go back.
They serve lunch Monday-Saturday from 11 AM to 3 PM.

1 Thank AttitudeofGratitude
Summerfield, Florida
“Just like Naples”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I grew up in an Italian family, my Grandmother being born in Naples, Italy. We decided to try Francesco's and to my surprise, I was again eating my grandmother's food!! The atmosphere is very European, so pleasing. Francesco, the owner, always makes it a point to go to each table to see if everything is to your liking. We eat there once a week - very authentic Italian Food. Would recommend to anyone.

1 Thank 2011ramblinlovers
Summerfield, Florida
“Fantastic Pizza!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

My husband and I decided to try Francesco's after so many of our friends raved about the food. We were not disappointed. The restaurant is very "european" and tastefully decorated with Italian music in the background. Our waitress was very friendly and service was quick. I decided to have the Village BLT pizza....who woulda thought that pizza made with applewood bacon, mozzarella cheese, red onions AND romaine lettuce with Cesar dressing would taste absolutely delicious! And the salad on top was cold while the thin crust pizza below was hot. What a combo! My husband made his own pizza combo and he thoroughly enjoyed his pizza also. While we waited for our pizza, warm bread with olive oil and spices on the side were given us for appetizers as we watched the Master's Golf tournament on TV. The price was right for a 10 inch pizza and we had plenty left over to take home. I would definitely recommend Francesco's and I can't wait to go back and try something different on the menu.

1 Thank Karen T
The Villages, Florida
“Needs improvement”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Waited to go visit the restaurant till they had time to figure out how to put out a great product. Keep waiting. All the meals were over cooked. The soups and salads were good. The pasta on some of the plates was watery. I love Butterfish so a course I ordered it. The coconut crust was over done and burnt. The mango salsa was not fresh. Looked and tasted like it it was from a jar of fruit. The rice however as good. I do however have to say the service was outstanding. The prices at reasonable, maybe that is why the product needs improvement. It will be sometime before going back.