“Great apartment”
other traveler has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cardiff, Wales
“Great apartment”
Reviewed June 5, 2012 for a stay in May 2012
people found this review helpful

Although quite a walk from the action at Duval Street (approx 25 mins walk), it gave us an opportunity to explore other restaurants and bars in the area. The apartment was spotlessly clean, and well maintained. Each apartment has exclusive use of it's own hot tub, and patio/balcony area. The kitchen had a full sized fridge, and cooker with all utensils etc you need. Would recommend renting bikes for your stay to easily get around. There is also a large washing machine and dryer. If you are staying just 1 night in Key West then you may be better getting something nearer Duval Street, as that is what Key West is known for. We have been to Key West several times, and stayed in some beautiful historic guest houses, but this is the best property we have stayed in. Would highly recommend it, especially as we got to discover some great restaurants and bars nearby we would otherwise have not found.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fact we were self sufficient and able to chill out in a living room opposed to a hotel room
Liked least: Nothing I didn't like about it
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
elfster
Cape Coral
“We'll be back again real soon!!!!!”
Reviewed October 19, 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

Wonderful little retreat in lower Key West; several blocks from Duval Street. We were looking for a place removed from the hustle and bustle of Duval yet in walking distance to it for eating and entertainment. The Heron Hideaway was just what we were looking for. Charming redone ole historical building with a lovely courtyard. The back court yard has a lush tropical, well manicured landscape with a jetted pool, sitting area, and gas grill. The landscaping makes the back private and intimate.

Since it is a total remodel of an older historical cottage, the rooms are small. But, with a perfect utilization of space, allowing for nice amenities like a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and French doors in the bedroom opening to the lush and tropical courtyard and your own private deck with a hot tub! It is the perfect place for a couple.

Make sure to stop at the grocery store on the way in, to get coffee, cream, sugar, and other essentials. Highly recommended for anyone that wants to get a few blocks away from Duval Street and doesn’t mind walking 10-15 minutes to all the action. The benefit is having a lovely oasis to escape back to during the day for a dip in the jetted pool or a relaxing soak in the hot tub! We loved the place and will be booking again real soon!!! And, there are several convenient stores right around the corner on the intersection of Truman and White. Plus, many nice restaurants to choose from too! We loved Mangia Mangia Italian on Southard street right off of White Street….great food, nice portions, and NOT overly priced like many eateries in Key West. We were impressed with the food!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The back courtyard was awesome
Liked least: Can't think of anything I didn't like
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
nchooks
Durham, North Carolina
“Awesome vacation rental”
Reviewed December 30, 2010 for a stay in November 2010
people found this review helpful

My wife and I stayed at Heron Hideaway for MOTM 2010. We were very pleased with the accommodations. Although it was not a concern for us, the online pictures make the property appear larger than it actually is. Again not a problem, just be aware. Although this property will house 4, in my opinion 2 people is a better fit. The property is nicely outfitted should you want to prepare meals at home. The hottub was outstanding. If your agenda is Duval St you will be a little far away, for us we split our time between the Casa Marina (MOTM headquarters) and the bar scene so we were about halfway between both, easy bicycle rides for all.

Value Rooms
Older travelers Tourists
Rugged travelers
“awsome”
Reviewed November 8, 2010 for a stay in July 2007
person found this review helpful

my new husband and i got married on a sailboat at sunset! it was absolutely beautiful! the house had everything we could ask for and more. will definately stay again!

Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
“No integrity”
Reviewed July 27, 2009 for a stay in December 2008

I paid for a room for a honneymoon in full at 59 days prior to the stay my wife to be
called off our wedding. I contact management here and pleaded for a refund, they
declined. I was told it was a non-refundable stay. They told me my only avenue was
to sell the the room myself. The reservation was in my name, and we used a cedit
card from my wife to be which I had paid off after the payment was made to them.
Three days before the rental date someone contacted me a purchased the room at a
discounted price. My now ex showed up at the honneymoon suite and said she
wanted to stay in the room, they said your room was sold to someone else. My ex
threated to dispute her charges on her card and the without invrstigation or concern
for the truth the day after christmas removed the guest on the room contacted me at
7 am then they called the police and threatens to charge me with fraud, unreal. Long
and short they made me wire almost 4 thousand dollars in the next hour or they were
pressing charges. I spoke to my attorney he said it would cost me that much even
though I did nothing wrong to fight things so I just sent the money. At least the
credited that to my ex-fiancée credit card so she got the credit from them on top of
me paying for it. Great all around experience.

“cherry”
Reviewed July 23, 2009 for a stay in September 2008

i been stay n there the last 3 years in sept. the place is c wheat. all you can ask for .

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: Strip bar to close! lol.
Traveling group: Other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
Palm Isle
Reviewed July 19, 2009 for a stay in July 2009
people found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing