“Beautiful Place--Fun Family Vacation”
Review of Sea Vista Estate

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sugarloaf
Sea Vista Estate
Reviewed August 13, 2012

One of the nicest family vacations we have had. A private, secluded getaway that offered many things for us to do--snorkeling, swimming, beach fun. Owner Troy even brought us fishing. But, we also were able to just take five and be ourselves while surrounded by paradise. Just a fun place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband and I live in Key West and like to get away from the craziness once in a while. We decided to rent this property for our families to come down and relax with us. Best decision ever! We loved the property and amenities including the pool, jacuzzi, swim up bar, tiki hut, beautiful beach, kayaks, bicycles, and the list goes on. I've read some of the negative reviews on here and I can't image how ANYONE could not love Troy and Carol! They are honestly the nicest people I've met and are extremely accommodating. I guess everyone's experiences are different for whatever reason, but I can't say enough nice things about Sea Vista Estate. You'll be hard pressed to find a better, more relaxing place anywhere in the keys without having to stay at one of the hotels filled with a million other people. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bbqofficionado
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Reasons to not come!!!1
1. NO PRIVACY- Troy and Carol are constantly in your business seeing what you are up to so that if you brake one of their countless rules they can keep the deposit!
2. TO MANY RULES- Rules range from keeping the back doors of the house closed when the air condition is on too not allowing people over, there are so many rules that the owners don't even recognize that they are breaking them.
3. DIRTY- My room smelled like very fine cheese, yes its good to have a stinky smell in cheese but not a room! The pools were so bad that me along with some of the guest had to clean it up ourselves.
4. BAD HOSTS- The owners treated everyone else extremely nice but not us there were times where there actions were manipulative and at the end of the stay the owners were extremely rude too us.
5. BROKEN AIR CONDITIONING- on the first night one air conditioning was broken and on the second the broken one was repaired and the other was broken it was so bad that we put all the mattresses into one room where it was ok
6. NEVER GOT KEY LIME PIE- shall i go on
I suggest you not stay here and look else where because I'm certain you'll have a bad time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
15  Thank jpeaches212
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This was the worst vacation destination I've ever been to. The water was grimy and the pool was just as dirty and full of bugs and bees. You could barely swim in the water without getting attacked by a swarm of bees. The A/C didn't work, the rooms were so hot we had to move our beds to the living room where it was only slightly colder than the rooms which were excruciatingly hot. The design of the house was very outdated and the bathrooms were filthy. The owners were extremely rude and were constantly checking up on us and not giving us any privacy. The front doors were glass so everyone could see our business, as well as the back. The owners would come into the house whenever they wanted without any permission even though we rented the place. It was truly the worst vacation ever and not worth the cost. It was extremely overpriced for what is offered. And I was also very offended by the picture frame of Fidel Castro because I am Cuban and I have been very affected by his regime and it was definitely not something I wanted to be reminded of. Overall, it was a terrible vacation and I do not recommend it AT ALL!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Tabatha R
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I cannot accurately stress how horrible my experience was in this estate. The rooms were dirty including the bathrooms and the sheets had a pretty unpleasant scent that made it hard for me to sleep at night. There was constantly something wrong with the air conditioning so we had to sleep in the living room where it was kind of cool but barely. The owners really do not comprehend the concept of privacy because they are constantly in your business trying to see if you're doing something wrong and with them everything is wrong so you probably are. Troy is the rudest person on the face of this earth, he gives you attitude for everything. Also, there are two bee hives by the pool so don't expect to enjoy that area because you will most likely be bitten since they are swarming the whole outside area. The jacuzzi was never hot because the owners are too cheap to even let you touch the buttons to heat it up. There is also barely any light at night so it is very hard to partake in any evening activities around the estate. The beach was always dirty and orange so we were unable to get it in which was very unfortunate for us. Don't expect to get the $500 deposit back because these rude and ungrateful owners will find something wrong. Overall, please do not stay here, you will not have a nice time here. I regret wasting so much money on this ugly and dirty estate.

• Stayed: June 2012
15  Thank jarzofjelly
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Never saw a better place to stay in the Keys. Clean comfortable houses on a private beach! Its far away from the crowds at Key West but only a 25 minute drive if to get there. Paradise in the Keys!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Richard K
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We are not really big on travelling but decided to get away for a week with my aging mother and her sister. We are so very glad that we did. It is hard to believe that this beautiful oasis exists only a 24 hour drive away from us. In Ontario it was cold and snowy, but Ontario was far from our minds as we were relaxing on our patio, on the beach or at the amazing pool. Our neighbours (only 3 other homes there) were all wonderful and we came away believing that we had made new friends. Troy and Carol ( the owners) are wonderful. They make it a priority to see that you have a wonderful time. Carol pops by daily, just to say Hi and bring you a paper. She is very knowledgable about the area and can help with any questions that you have. Troy is always around puttering and making sure that everything is in order. And Tony!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing. What a doll. I wanted to bring him home. I would recommend Sea Vista Estate to any one that wants a peaceful, relaxing vacation in a tropical paradise. We will definately be going back.

Room Tip: All the cottages (homes) wonderful.