Sugarloaf Key / Key West KOA
Sugarloaf Lodge(Sugarloaf Key)
$140
$154
Parmer's Resort(Little Torch Key)(Great Value!)
$183
  • Breakfast included
Oceans Edge Key West Hotel & Marina(Key West)(Great Value!)
$161
  • Restaurant
The Perry Hotel Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$181
$339
$218
$149
  • Breakfast included
$194
$180
The Gates Hotel | Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$152
  • Pool
All reviewstent areatent campingbath housebait shopboat rentalswater trampolinewashers and dryersrv sitesno see umsdog parkspring breakbeach areahot tubmile markerlower keysweek staysmall beach
Reviewed March 24, 2013

It is a KOA after all, and they are a lot the same. This one is more like a resort, albeit a campers"s resort. There is beach access, and not a bad beach at that. There is a place to launch your small boats, and another for canoes and kayaks. They have a club house with live music on weekends. The guys were good even inspiring us to get up and dance. I thought all of the employees were helpful and friendly, even though another reviewer had a different experience. As I said, this is a KOA and all of the campsites are close together. The bathrooms are passible considering there were a gazillion people using them. But overall, I think this is a good place to camp and experience the Keys. It is family friendly.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Gary W
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We went to the keys during spring break and didn't book until two weeks before...this was one of the only places still open for reservations in the keys and it turned out good! I liked the location, you have a beach, you can canoe out of the campgrounds or boat out, its right off the main road, 20 minutes from key west...which, we mainly come for the outdoor activities but wanted one night of walking around and boozing so it worked out well. The tent sites were pretty close together but ppl over exaggerate how close the sites are I think...we got a site tucked in the back so it felt more secluded and that was during a huge college spring break week so I can't imagine a much busier time in the keys. I've been in more crowded areas...when reading the reviews I pictured nelsons ledges or bonaroo cramped and it was nowhere close to that so don't let that deter you. The lady at the desk was nice but made it sound like it was going to be miserable in the tent area, which..at 50$ a night she shld try and talk it up a bit not down...but in my opinion the rVs were stacked on each other more than the tenters. And it seemed pretty calm late at night too. Only a few late nighters. Good place.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 13, 2013

the staff here is absolutly aweful. U can buy a koa mug for $7 and u get free coffee for ur stay. I got the mug only to be asked rudely "is that cup from this.stay?" also.i was sitting drinking my coffee outsidee the cafe, and an employee had their well behaved animal just relaxing on the seat of her golf cart, unleashed, which made me smile. Then the lady comes out,.so I made small talk on how I wish.i could have brought my dog but he would had been miserable since hes a trained hunting dog and doesnt requre a leash. I was saying how I tried to call and get special permission to have him off leash which was denied. She was like well its the law. I then said the law states u must have total control of ur animal but doesnt state the method required. She the replies rudely, u domt know what ur talking about. Caught a bit off gaurd I said something under my breath. With lots of people atound she replies "excuse me!". As a professional in the service industry I would be fired for even talking back to a guest, let alone putting him on the spot infront of a crowd. Totally horendous in my opinion. And as shes walking away saying how unbelievable I was. If u want a trash staff to treat u like their trash buddies, this is the place for u

• Stayed: March 2013
5  Thank danman44929
Reviewed March 10, 2013

As a family of 6 we have a difficult time during our travels finding a reasonably affordable accommodation along with a friendly, safe environment, KOA Sugarloaf provided this for us. We have stayed twice in the park models (not the Airstream). The park models are 2012 and extremely well kept. They offer a full size bathroom, full size kitchen (stocked with pots/pans/utensils), 2 bedrooms and a sleeper sofa.

The grounds are well managed for the amount of travelers traffic they see. Laundry facility was experiences multiple breakdowns but still had plenty working washers and dryers. Marina offers multiple options for rental however they were above the price I had seen offered elsewhere - the price for convenience I suppose. Gift shop and little store offered the necessities needed and is decently priced.

As always the staff was incredibly helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Nicole V
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We came there with a small tent on a Friday after it rained unusually lot - but the ground was good enough to dry well, it wasn't a mess at all. Spacious but quite crowded, rather something for party people than for ones seeking for nature and silence. Facilities also were OK but a bit small. Be aware it's still a half hour or so drive to Key West. The downside is clearly the price (over 50 bucks per night for a small tent!) but I got to understand staying on the keys is not a cheap thing...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple