“Best place to go around Stuart”

Best Western Downtown Stuart
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I went here when traveling to Stuart, and found it to be an excellent motel. Good quality of rooms, kept well and all the regular amenities. It also has a nice pool. It's tough to get a good motel around Stuart, but this is one of the good ones, and the best I've found so far without having to go to Vero. Impressive customer service too, and good breakfast. This used to be a Holiday Inn, it changed to Best Western. However, I like some others found the trains to be annoying. I heard two barreling through at 3 and 5 am. But I don't stay awake for long when that happens. So that wasn't much of a problem. Anyway, it was quite far from I-95. However, it was close to a lot of stuff I wanted to go to, so that was fine. So overall, quite a good motel, with no real complaints apart from the train. I recommend this one.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed June 13, 2010

I was there with my sister and 3 kids (10 year old and two teenagers). We were in town for an irish dance competition at the marriott but all the rooms there were booked. So we stayed here...about 10 minute drive from the marriott beach resort. Honestly after being at the busy Marriott all day at the competitions we were HAPPY to get away and go back to the nice, quiet Best Western pool and relax. Mornings were great there too....breakfast is hot and awesome! Don't worry about the train noise, just ask for a room on the inside (pool view). Lots of fast food and chain restaurants down the road if you have kids. we would stay there again in a heartbeat! Room was very nice too.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I was very impressed by the Best Western downtown Stuart. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The complimentary breakfast was really good (eggs, bacon, waffle iron, etc.) and the location was pretty good. The ONLY thing that irked me a bit was that the hotel backs up to the train tracks and I heard the train ONCE at 4 AM and it woke me out of a dead sleep. Other than that, no complaints at all.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AmybytheSea
Reviewed April 1, 2010

My gripes about this hotel are few: The Rt.1 location, while not in a shabby area, is not great. The beach is a good 15 min away at the very least. I-95 isn’t very close either, perhaps 6-7 minutes away. Fortunately, there are a couple places to eat within walking distance. There are train tracks behind the hotel - but it wasn’t a problem, i only heard one freight train go by in 3 nights, and it wasn’t that loud.
Road noise in my room (in the rear) was non-existent.
It took me quite a while to figure out the the fridge in the room was on a timer (!). Call the front desk for help, or do what I did: disable it.

The Plusses Are many:
a large, clean pool.
Good HOT breakfast buffet (which fills up fast - get there early for a table, or sit by the pool).
Spacious rooms with comfy beds, and enough kitchen amenities to make your own lunch or frozen dinners.
Plenty of parking.
And the price (well below a hundred bucks a night, with taxes) can’t be beat for winter in Florida!

I highly recommend this hotel if you are on a budget.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank mcmacguy
Reviewed March 10, 2010

We have been to this hotel twice now. We wouldn't stay anywhere else from now on. The staff is fantastic, the breakfast is unbelievable . I am a clean freak and trust me this hotel couldn't have been cleaner. We had a problem with our Bestwestern rewards points and I called the hotel and it was immediatley taken care of, thanks to the manager Mr. Calvert, thank you Charles. I have already recommended this hotel to family members, and my mother has stayed there now also, shes like me about the clean thing, she was very happy. So keep up the good work! We'll be back soon!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jlmDetroit
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We arrived at the motel mid afternoon (about 3 pm) checked in and went to the room.
The room was clean. A king size bed, a small television, a little refrigerator, a sink separate from the tub commode area.
We freshened up, went out to eat, and checked a few locations that we had to be the next morning.
We came back before it was too dark (thankfully) and remained in the room until the following morning. Trains Trains Trains.. starting about 10pm.. trains and their whistles go thru for several hours. If you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs of try to find a different area to stay. Security guard was out in the morning and later at night

In the morning, we were up about 7 am and went to the lobby for the complementary breakfast. There both cold and hot items available. Hot coffee, juices and milk also were available. No complaints there.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank jmp1of2
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Got this through the Hotwire.com pot luck system for about $60 night. Happy enough with the room and it was quiet and comfortable. It was on U.S. Rt. 1 but the rooms were back aways. It was about a 10-15 minutes drive to the great Hutchinson Island beach. Plenty of nice restaurants around and I just think the beach there is great.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple