“Absolutely LOVED this Ramada!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed for our honeymoon after a few days in Palm Beach Gardens and South Beach. This hotel was the BEST! The hotel has been recently remodeled, the front desk staff were friendly and informative, our room was fantastic-clean and fresh! The Manager was the best we've ever experienced in South Florida! Audrey (Manager) and staff went above and beyond our expectations, and above any of the other hotels during our honeymoon. We have never been so pleased! The pool was clean and relaxing. The tiki bar was enjoyable and room service is terrific and prompt! You couldn't ask for a better breakfast at the hotel-waffles made for you and a nice selection of foods! Audrey and staff asked us every day how our stay was - they seemed to genuinely care! Oh, we had an in-room jacuzzi which was so relaxing. YOU CANNOT FIND A BETTER PLACE TO STAY IN SOUTH FLORIDA, especially with room service and in-room jacuzzi. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone to stay at this hotel - you will not be disappointed. We were so pleased, we stayed an extra night (5 nights total).

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 23, 2007

The hotel is attractive from the outside but when you meet the desk people (whether it be morning, noon or night), you will experience abrupt, discourteous and unhelpful people.

We were given a horrible room overlooking a noisy road and ugly buildings. We asked to change and we were 'punished' for asking by being given a room overlooking the patio area with a wet smelly rug. The housekeeper tried to help by saying that the rug cleaner had been in that day, etc., etc, etc. It was impossible as the chemicals were horrific, the lamp didn't work and the television had 'snow' on six channels.

Thank goodness we were not in the room very much for the one night we were to be in Stuart. Avoid this place.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2007

We recently stayed at this hotel for a three night duration. The rooms were recently renovated and they were very clean. The bathroom was spotless, fresh and also recently redone. There were plenty of towels left for our party of four daily. The breakfast was good. The bright spot was the gentleman that made the waffles every day. He was alot of fun and my kids loved him. The "workout" room was a hotel room with a treadmill and elliptical machine in it. Not too impressive. The location on US 1 was fairly noisy if your air conditioner wasn't on to block it all out. The pool area was quite nice. I thought the price that we paid ($125) was excessive for this type of hotel but since there is a very limited choice of lodging in this area, I guess you pay what the market demands.

Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed February 14, 2007

How does this hotel get a 3-star rating? It was awful. My business partner and I were there for one night (a Wednesday) before an extremely important meeting the next morning. We had to get up at 6:00 a.m., and didn't get to sleep until 3:00 a.m. Why? Because some college age kids were in the next room partying. We called security twice and went to talk to the manager, but they showed up 20 minutes later and did nothing other than tell us they didn't have the right to tell people when to go to bed. The rooms are separated by adjoining doors inside the rooms, had have zero insulation from noise. When we said we were going to request our money back, we were rudely told by security, "Go ahead and try; I don't think that's going to happen." A truely low class, amateur management and staff to allow this kind of nonsense on a Wednesday night.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank FLKmart
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I stayed in four rooms in one night and so believe I can offer quite an encompassing view of this "facility."

Room #1: Toilet did not work.

Offered room #2. Given card key which did not open door. Went back to desk. Key run through machine. Assured they now worked. They did not. Went down again. Now told that no key would work on that room's door LOL. Front desk person claims she was not aware of this. Given room #3.

Room #3: I insist staff try the keys before I make more trips up and down stairs in mid-July heat for no reason. One key worked and one did not LMAO.

I enter room #3. Door will not close to room. It does not fit the doorjam (!)

Given room #4.

I ask to speak to manager. Assured she will call me in 30 minutes. ONE HOUR later and still no call and front desk informs me she has not called them back either.

I was told that I would receive half off the rate (which I would have refused as $40 buy off could not compensate me for this nightmare) Despite the assurance of half off, when I check out there is no notation made to do this and I was charged full rate.

I have made complaints to corporate Ramada, to the office of their president. This is how outraged I was.

I will never stay in this Ramada or any Ramada again.

If I were you, I would not either.

Stayed: July 2005
23  Thank jmilesgran
A TripAdvisor Member
Englestown, Florida
Reviewed May 8, 2005

Let me just tell you about my experience with this hotel. On this last weekend I stayed at this hotel and wanted to pull my brains out. My room was very disgusting. It smelled really, really bad. The room I was stuck in was a smoking room and I had requested a non-smoking room due to my allergies. I then called the front desk and a pleasent voice rang in my ear, her name was Amber. She told me she would try and find me another room that was better. I told her thank you and hung up the phone. It must have been atleast 5 mins later and I had a call back from Amber she was able to move me to another room. I said thank you and she personally brought me the keys. I honestly think Amber should be the manager at this hotel because if she was i believe no one would have a bad experience. LEt me just tell you the hotel looked old as hell and the lobby made you think it was as clean as a whistle. I think Amber should be awarded big time. I bet they dont pay her half as much as she freakin deserves. I also talked to a lady named Leslie who helped me a great deal in making my reservations at this hotel. If Amber was manager and Leslie was assistant, I bet Ramada Inn Stuart would be a great place to stay. Hey Ramada, GIVE AMBER AND LESLIE A RAISE!!!!!! If it was me girls, I would. So, I must say theses girls are good but this hotel stinks. Fix it guys before I called the law.
Angry mother

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2005

I am 31 years old and I have stayed at several hunderd hotels ranging from within the United States, Europe The Carribean and South America for both business and pleasure and I must say that the worst experience I ever had was when I stayed at The Ramada Inn in Stuart, Florida for one night during the first week of March 2005.

The story is as follow:

I landed in Tampa Florida on the morning on March 11, 2005 after taking a 9 1/2 hour plane ride from Sao Paulo, Brazil and went to a spring training game in Lakeland Florida and then drove to Vero Beach to watch an evening spring training game. Upon the completion of the night game I drove to the Ramada in Stuart to have my worst hotel experience ever.

Upon checking in, the staff was quite rude but I was so exhausted that I dealt with it. Once I go into the room my brother and I were mordified on how the room smelled and it was so dingy - paint on the carpet and rust around the sink and toilet. But we were so exhausted and decided to go get something to eat and then come back and go to sleep.

Once we get back to the room I am washing my face only to see 2 roaches on the floor and my brother noticed pubic hairs in the shower and the worst of it all was when I flipped over the bedspreads to only see blood stains on one of the pillow cases. With this I went to go complain to the front desk and dealt with a very old man by the name of Carrie who I think should have retired many years ago because he had avery nasty attitude and he refused to give us a refund or another room and the end result is that after flying for almost 10 hrs and driving all day long me and my brother had to sleep in our rent-a-car.

You are better off sleeping in a pile of mud then this hotel.

27  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Manager37, Owner/General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2008

Thank you for allowing us this previlidge to respond, We have noted with interest that most of the negative comment goes back to 2005. We have sinced renovated the Hotel and have undergone management changes which has improve the quality of our product and allso the culture of our staff.
We are now in a 2nd phase project of refurbishing our new Beddng, Drapes, and carpeting, in all rooms , flat screen T.V"s and DVD"s in all Jacuzzi rooms and Suites. Our Guest Services rating with the Ramada Customers service care sit e has been # 1 for a number of months, we continue to strive for excellence.Our efforts are tireless in improving the standard and quality of the hotel