Clarion Inn
Official Site
$62
$57
SuburbanHotels
Best Western Downtown Stuart(Stuart)(Great Value!)
$83
$72
$70
  • Restaurant
All reviewswafflesbreakfast roomcomplimentary breakfasthousekeeping staffan older propertybreakfast attendantwould stay againstuart floridatikifuneralmiami
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2008

While we had not originally planned to stay here,we found the Ramada of Stuart, Florida a more than positive experience. The front desk staff was excellent, our room was spacious and very clean. Also, we found the outdoor areas well maintained - pool,walkways,stairs, etc. Everyone from the front desk, room attendants, breakfast host, Tiki staff were very hospitable.The air flow in the room was top class- no musty odors at all ! The room was well supplied with necessary needs and the lighting,TV, plumbing etc, were in good working order. We would highly recommend this establishment to anyone! Ellen and Bob MacDonald of Leduc, Alberta, Canada

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed January 18, 2008

We had 5 rooms booked at this hotel so we could attend my father-in-law's funeral. If we had only one room booked, our own, I would have moved out as soon as I saw bugs crawling all over the nightstand between the 2 double beds in the room. As it was, we were exhausted from our flight to Florida, so my husband just wanted to go to bed & not deal with the problem. I just went to sleep hoping I didn't wake up with bugs in my bed or my hair.

As it turned out, we stayed there for 3 nights because no one else mentioned having a bug problem in their room & after that first night the bugs seemed to have gone into hiding. Still, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I gave it 2 stars instead of one because of a couple of factors. Magdala at the front desk was extremely nice, but another front desk clerk (short blond hair, glasses) was extremely rude. I had asked very nicely if we could check my daughter & her husband into their room early because we had a funeral to get to, but she rudely told me that just wouldn't be possible & that the 5 of us family members would have to get ready in our room (that was a real fun experience - 5 adults in mourning scrambling to get ready for a funeral service in a tiny motel room). But Carlos at the complimentary breakfast (which was very limited as far as selection) was a delight - very jovial & friendly. Those two employees had me give the place 2 stars instead of one.

Our room contained 2 double beds, a round table & 2 chairs, a newly redone bathroom with a nice tub & shower, a sink & vanity outside the bathroom, ironing board & iron, coffeemaker, TV with remote. We had a room on the parking lot side - too noisy. My sister-in-law had a room on the inside near the pool area - she said it smelled of "Lysol & poop".

The public areas were nice - the lobby was new, as was the breakfast area. There is a little Tiki bar out by the pool. The pool area was very nice - there were tables with chairs & umbrellas around them that were very comfortable. And chaise lounges, too. The walls were thin & every time a door slammed we heard it, plus we heard our next door neighbor's TV set. Not a very relaxing set of circumstances. If I knew what I was getting into, I probably would have booked the Best Western across the street - it's marquee boasted newly renovated rooms.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 17, 2007

NEGATIVES: There are many. This motel is done in the 1960s style in that the rooms are in a rectangular "horseshoe" shape and those rooms face the swimming pool.

Each hotel room is very old with little evidence of refurbishing in the past 10+ years.

The air conditioners are very old and noisy.

The rooms that face the pool have long windows with adequate drapes on them but a woman might feel odd when someone can walk by her full length windows albeit with curtains drawn.

The continental breakfast is stingy, inadequate and symbolic of the hotel's reputation.

The hotel is right next to the take off path of Stuart's increasingly busy airport though flights do seem to stop taking off at night.

Lastly, on one side of the pool is a bar. Though the bar closes at 10PM, the music and noise of the bar guests -- while not super loud --- is pretty offensive. The hotel obviously regards the bar as a good profit center but many who had to go to bed reasonably early resented this.

POSITIVES: The hotel has a relatively new manager who is a very seasoned and competent hotel manager. They are lucky to have her though they desperately need her.

Overall, the front desk staff is friendly and helpful.

The $65/night, high season price that I paid is reasonable for south Florida at that time of year.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 30, 2007

I booked 3 rooms for my family to stay during a funeral. We found the hotel to be very affordable, all of us had king size beds, working tvs and bathrooms and A/C's. It's not a 5 star hotel, but for coming back and sleeping and hanging out in it was just fine. All of us are in our 30's and 1 couple had an infant. Very satisfied!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2007

We stayed for our honeymoon after a few days in Palm Beach Gardens and South Beach. This hotel was the BEST! The hotel has been recently remodeled, the front desk staff were friendly and informative, our room was fantastic-clean and fresh! The Manager was the best we've ever experienced in South Florida! Audrey (Manager) and staff went above and beyond our expectations, and above any of the other hotels during our honeymoon. We have never been so pleased! The pool was clean and relaxing. The tiki bar was enjoyable and room service is terrific and prompt! You couldn't ask for a better breakfast at the hotel-waffles made for you and a nice selection of foods! Audrey and staff asked us every day how our stay was - they seemed to genuinely care! Oh, we had an in-room jacuzzi which was so relaxing. YOU CANNOT FIND A BETTER PLACE TO STAY IN SOUTH FLORIDA, especially with room service and in-room jacuzzi. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND everyone to stay at this hotel - you will not be disappointed. We were so pleased, we stayed an extra night (5 nights total).

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple