“Thank god!”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed March 1, 2013

After a horrible experience at a hotel the night before my best friend and I were pleased to find the room at the Clarion so clean and the staff so friendly! We would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a clean and friendly environment.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melisa H
Assistant M, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear guest, We are so glad you had a pleasant and
great experience with us here at the Clarion and our
staff made you feel glad to be here. We appreciate your
feedback and hope to see you again real soon in the
future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on Feb.12th for 3 nights. We had a nonsmoking poolside room. The smell in the room does suggest it was once a smoking room that has been converted to nonsmoking with a bit of febreeze???? The properrty is older so therefore, you do experience the typical "musty" dirty carpet smell that comes with 2 star properties of this age and it felt as though a general film was on everything in the room. You get what you pay for, we paid 33.00 per night.
The pool and pool area was just ok. Tiki bar was never open during our stay. The sound of slamming doors, people talking and the maids carts in the VERY EARLY morning hours was the worst! I thought I was sleeping along side of a railroad track or in an airport!!!:(
The good.... the beds, showers and grounds and staff are great! The BEST of all was SAN JUAN ruler of the "wapple" maker. His friendly sweet and outgoing personality made us laugh as he hurried around singing and trying to make everyone in his breakfast area happy and content. We gladly tipped him and he was very appreciative. He is doing the work of two+ people! However, of course, some of the other guests found it necessary to complain and give him a hard time regarding the ripeness of the bananas, the empty egg bin and amount of food selections etc. Those types of people have a five star spoon in their mouths on a 2 star budget!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank boskismom

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of our property, I have taken note
of the things you mentioned about the smell of the non smoking
room and other items of concern with the Tiki Bar, and addressed them with
our various department heads. Our goal is to provide the best in customer
service while offering a great value for all our guests. So glad
you mentioned the "waffles" as they are indeed served by the most
enthusiastic employee we have, and with great pride. Again, thank you
and please do come and stay with us again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

How I'd rate the following:
Room: 4 out of 10
Cleanliness: 9 out of 10
Staff: 5 out of 10
Location: 7 out of 10
Public Spaces: 3 out of 10
Overall Experience: 5 out of 10

I liked the following: This is a value inn. It was clean, well maintained and easily accessible from the main roads. It had a small but nice pool. There is minimal landscaping, but what was landscaped was nice. Parking was plentiful with easy access to our room.

I did not like the following: Maid service had its problems. I wanted my towels replaced and put them on the floor per instructions and the dirty towels were hung back up! I left a kind note the next day requesting two clean towns, but the dirty towels were taken but not replaced.

Review: We were in town for four nights and this was a good place for a good night's rest. The property is dated but well maintained. It was very clean. The beds in our room were comfortable. There were no elevators so if you have difficulty with steps, be sure to request a ground floor. There was a nice small pool and an outdoor pool bar that looked fun. The landscaping was limited, but nice and attractive.

The daily hot breakfast was adequate, but not remarkable. We had fruit and yogurt the first day, but not on the following three mornings. The made to order waffles were very good. The staff was friendly and helpful.

There were two negatives. The property was older and had fewer amenities. It consists of three unconnected buildings and during a day of driving rain (3+ inches), you got wet going to the lobby and had to walk through large puddles.

Second, the daily maid service was less than adequate, particularly with the towel service. I left the towels on the floor per the instructions but the maid just hung them back up! On the second morning I left a kind note requesting two replacement towels. This time the dirty towels were taken, but not replaced. A trip to the front desk resulted in obtaining clean towels.

The price per night was great. The location good. The rooms clean and well maintained. The good outweighed the negatives and we would recommend this property if the price is right.

Room Tip: There are no elevators. If you have difficulty with steps, you may want to request a ground floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Douglas A
Assistant M, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and providing such valuable feedback.
It is unfortunate you were here during a heavy torrential rain. I apologize
you experienced issues from housekeeping with the replacement of
towels in your room which should never be the case. Please be assured
we will look into that situation and address it. I am happy that you found
the hotel clean, comfortable and enjoyed our location. We take pride
in our customer service and satisfaction daily and strive to improve for
the best stay experience possible. Thanks again, and do come back to
stay again.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Too bad this hotel has gone down in quality as it has potential with the landscaping and stuart location. The breakfast is a joke compared to the hotel across the street and others in the area, it takes work to keep the annoying man who runs it away from you with his pathetic efforts to extract tips, it is dirty and poorly stocked and I did not know scrambled eggs could be so watery and full of eggshells. Thankfully the price is ok and if you are looking for just a place to sleep with no bugs in a nice area this is ok, nothing more. All of the normal amenities seem like an event rather than easy. The workout room is a joke, a converted hotel room which seems to have years of must, too bad.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank miamidan42139

I am sorry that you were not pleased with our breakfast service and
fitness area. Yes we are an older hotel but everyday we strive to
provide quality customer service, clean rooms, friendly staff at an
affordable price and value to our guests. We take seriously the comments
of everyone that stays with us and review them for modifications and
areas to improve upon. Thank you!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This hotel displays a TA award on its high rating (????) and has everything you might not want: When we arrived we found out that we had been assigned a smoking room and that could not be changed because we booked prepay, no refund on PL and the "hotel was sold out" and there were no non smoking rooms available. Tip: Febreze does work to a substantial degree to help out this major issue for lifetime non smokers like us. Then as we were unloading, a plane flew over so low I thought it was landing in the field next door...........well it was, wife asked if I did not hear the previous plane and if I had not noticed the airport in back of the hotel.......Oh! THEN, the train went by...........seemed like next door...........Oh, it is/was. Then in the evening around 9:30.....the Tour Bus arrived and parked right outside our 2nd floor room. Finally, all was well and quiet UNTIL morning...........when the tour bus revved up its engine at 6:30...........
So you get it all: Planes, Trains, Buses not to mention the door, window and air conditioner that abuts the balcony area to let all of those sounds into the room along with people coming and going all evening/early morning.
I will say that the bed was the most comfortable one we had this trip at 3 other places............just wish it had been a little less smoky even post febreze treatment. Others might like the Tiki Bar and Karaoke which we did not do but seemed popular and might be for folks who rate this place differently

Room Tip: Don't stay in Stuart FL
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OBXRon
Assistant M, Front Office Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and we apologize that due to
a high school event we were sold out this particular night and
unable to change your room accommodation for you. I am
very happy to hear that you slept well in a comforable bed.
Our goal every day is to provide good quality accommodations
at an affordable price and with the best in custoner service and
satisfaction. We cannot always control the elements that go along
with that as you mentioned planes, trains and a bus. Please do
come back and give us another chance. Thank you.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Clarion in Stuart, Fl is a great place to stay, because of the tremendous customer service, kindness, & consideration that you will receive from the,Genral Mgr there, Hernan Mesquida. The rooms are fine, The beds are very comfortable with 4 fluffy pillows. There is a flatscreen TV, microwave, refrigerator, and a shower with great water pressure in your room- i cannot stand when the pressure is low and just drips. The prices are very affordable, the pool is nice, it is conveniently located, but what I liked most was how iI was treated. I looked at ocean front hotels nearby on Hutchinson Island for two to three times as much money, with not that much to offer for the prices they charge. Everything is ala-carte at those places, charging $6 for an egg sandwich in the morning; I went inside the hotels and was very glad to be staying at the Clarion. The lobbys may be more posh, but i want to be out and about during the day. At the Clarion Inn in Stuart, beach access is only mins away. It's like choosing a first class ticket on a plane- is it worth that much more to fly first class? I think not, so if you have to have that first-class label where you receive a snotty attitude, go to the Breakers in Palm Beach- I have stayed there and would choose this hotel in a second, which i have for the second time. As long as the GM, Hernan Mesquida is here i will be back here every year, if not more. My dad was in an assisted care facility a mile away, the reason I first chose the Clarion Inn in Staurt, FL. i received a call a few days ago saying that my dad took a major turn for the worse- so I went to newark airport in the early AM, miraculously got a flight, asnd rushed to the Clarion. When i arrived, I was told the the 3rd party booking agent booked me a month later than i requested, when i told them the night before that my dad was on his deathbed.. Naturally I was very stressed and panicked. Hernan Mesquida, calmly with much empathy for my situation, said do not worry, booked me a room immediately, and said to not worry about the booking one month in the future- he would solve it for me, to go be wth my dad and not to worry. Clarion hotel staff have also expressed their condolences- so yes, i felt i ws treated like family. Yesterday Hernan Mesquida knocked on my room door and let me know that my phone was off the hook, and did I know it? What a great guy! Next to the words outstanding "customer service " should be Hernan's picture- this is no B.S. i have been in the lobby alot since my dad passed where there are two comuters with internet access, doing my online school work. I have seen Hernan handle a multitude of situations with grace and kindness. this is a day before the blizzard nemo is hitting the northeast so there are a lot of people staying later and arriving earlier than anticipated. another great thing about the Clarion is the full breakfast you may eat from 6:30 AM to 10 30 AM , at no charge with your host Diego , who is a true character,always upbeat and ready to make you the best, fresh waffles you have tasted, carrying redi-whip for your waffles. the breakfast includes a buffet of eggs, sausages, orange juice, other fruit juices,coffee,different brands of cereal, donuts, fresh fruit, bagels,toast, etc.. The hotel has a restuarant and bar with entertainment, so if you wwant to have a few drinks, you do not have to drive..one final thing regarding Hernan, i wanted to get the name of his district mgr so i could compliment him and tell the district mgr what a great asset Hernan is to the Clarion organization. he smiled and said it was not necessary,that he doesn't want any medals, and helping people is his reward. if only the rest of the world could adopt Hernan's Mesquida's philosophy, it would be a much better place. doug

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Doug M

Thank you for such a nice review of your stay with us during
a very sad time in your life. We are happy that we were able
to make your stay pleasant and enjoyable and that our General
Manager Hernan Mesquida was such a help and benefit as well.
We strive every day to make our guests feel that they are
at home when staying with us and provide the best guest
satisfaction we can. Take care and do come back again.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Now I have stayed at both the Clarion and the Best Western,I find that the Clarion has a slight edge,but only slight.Both are clean and very friendly places to stay. The Clarions rooms are a bit larger,but the free breakfast at the Best Western was better,and more kid friendly. Yeah,both places you hear the train ( no biggie), but folks,if you want value and a nice clean room,Clarion and Best Western are pretty much equal. What I really liked best was that both front desks agree,so,take your choice hit the beach with the kids,or as a couple and have fun! Oh Yeah,don't miss Flanigans!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MayfairWest

Thank you for the kind review of our hotel being friendly and
clean. We work hard to provide great service and accommodations
to our guests at an affordable price. Glad to hear you checked
out our beaches and found them to your liking. We will look
forward to having you back again to stay with us.