“For the Price, You can't Beat it!”
Review of Quality Inn Stuart

Quality Inn Stuart
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is not a resort hotel, so manage your expectations. It is a very good budget hotel. It's quiet, clean and in a very good location.
The rooms are large and the beds comfortable. There is a restaurant attached (not part of the hotel) that is quit popular with good food.
This is a smoke free property (you can smoke outside).
The breakfast in the morning is very bare bones, though the coffee is excellent. They seem to run out of fresh fruit and yogurt all the time (I've heard the guests complaining).
One strange thing to note (not a complaint); you cannot call room to room. You must dial the front desk and asked to be connected. Very 1970's!

Room Tip: The doors into the hotel are locked and require you key card. They make a godawful loud noise. Ask f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeff_Pruett
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for your opinion. The good and the bad. We can't correct the problems if we don't hear them coming from our value guest.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

This was my second visit to the Quality Inn at Stuart. This is the best little hidden hotel. It might no be on the beach but it is clean, friendly, comfortable and convenient. McDonalds on one side and Burger-king on the other. It has a great restaurant on the premisses. Rooms are very clean with plenty of hot water. The staff assists with any questions you might have. The breakfast was hat and filling. There will definitely be a 3rd stay for me and my family. I give it 5 stars for value, cleanliness, and friendly.

Room Tip: The McDonalds has an old fashion neon sign. Go out at night and see it!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

We're so glad you came back. Look forward to seeing you again. Thank you.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here for several days. The rooms are good sized and clean. The desk staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfasts are pretty standard for the chain. The location is good, but the sign is hard to find. There is a pretty fair sports bar attached with good specials, and the price of the room was very reasonable.

Room Tip: First floor even numbered rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was probably the best hotel we've stayed at in years and cannot wait to go back!!! Must have been recently redone because everything so super clean. Staff was extreamly friendly and helpful! Pool was awesome! Excellent Location close to beach and downtown.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I read other reviews before booking this hotel stay so I was a bit cautious going in. The price was extremely reasonable for the King Bed Room I stayed in. The desk clerk was very friendly and acknowledged my Choice Priviledges Status, this only occurs on rare occassions. My work has me travel frequently so I have the opportunity to stay at many hotels. The room was large, with a desk and an office chair. There was an additional club chair in the corner. There was also a microwave and a refrigerator. The king size bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The free wireless internet was outstanding, this was a plus for me since I have to submitt reports via the web and upload massive photos.I have never stayed in a hotel that the internet connection was capable of handling the volume of photos I upload. The breakfast was average for the Choice Hotel Chain. The "hot" breakfast consisted of sausage gravy & biscuits, the remaining buffet was continental style : cereal, fruit, yogurt and danish. All in all I was pleased with my stay and would stay here again when in the Stuart area. One very big plus for me was this is a no smoking establishment. All rooms are interior access and all are no smoking rooms. There is an outdoor pool which looked very nice, although I did not use the pool.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Joseph S
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

The staff and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the kind words. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

They are horrible for customer service. I will never stay here again! I think they are racist! It was 9:30 and other people were still eating breakfast and the lady told me kitchen is closed with a snotty attitude...breakfast looked horrible anyway! I will take my money elsewhere if I'm going to be treated like this! Hallways smell like BO!

• Stayed: August 2012
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us. The issues with the staff will be address. Thank you for taking the time to let me know so that these issues can be corrected.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I) THE BEST HOTEL LOYALTY PROGRAM OF ALL

CHOICE HOTELS is, by far, the very best hotel loyalty program of all those that I belong to.

In the first place, only ten nights in a year will give you the Gold status and with twenty nights you reach the Platinum status, which will give you some important privileges such as complimentary late check out until two or three p.m., as I had last Monday at the Quality Suites rue de Tolbiac in Paris, even though I had paid with 24,000 points for three nights.

Secondly, their Award night starts at a low 8,000 points, which I have never seen in my Holiday Inn nor Best Western programs, where the lowest Award starts at 15,000 or even more points. It is true that some Choice hotels abuse and require 24,000 points for only one night, such as the one in Annecy, France!

Only my SPG (Starwood Preferred Guest) program offers an Award night for 3,000 points at the Sheraton Four Points in Montevideo or in Los Angeles (LAX) for Friday and Saturday, and 4,000 points the other days, which is an outstanding bargain! On my last two trips to Montevideo, I only paid 10,000 points for three weekend nights, as I already paid for another three nights during the weekend for next month. However, for the rest, their program is not as generous as Choice's

In the third place, Choice runs from time to time a promotion where you can earn 8,000 bonus points by just staying two different nights in two different hotels of the group. Usually, you need two consecutive nights per stay if you go to a low end hotel like Econo Lodge or Roadway Inn but if you go to a Clarion, Quality, Sleep or Comfort Inn, one night per stay is enough.

Therefore, if you stay four different nights at any four of those high end hotels, you will earn 16,000 points, which is enough for two Award nights at the Quality Suites in Paris (for which I wrote a review here in Trip Advisor), where the night is sold between $150 and $180 US without breakfast, depending on the day you arrive and the exchange rate between Euro and US $, which goes up and down daily like a mad yo-yo!

So when they ran this promotion in April 2012, I went to the Fort Pierce region just for the weekend and spent the first night at this Quality Stuart and the second night at the Quality Fort Pierce, where I usually go when I drive from Miami to Tampa via A1A until Fort Pierce, then take highway 70 to cross Florida and join US 41 (the Tamiami Trail, linking Tampa to Miami) at Oneco, which is my other route when I go to Tampa via the Everglades. Some times, I continue the next day to Vero Beach, which is north of Fort Pierce, and take US 60 straight to Tampa.

US 60 from Vero Beach is a far better choice if you want to go straight to Tampa, but then you will miss the scenic Skybridge (I think that's how they call it) between Bradenton and Saint Petersburg, which offers breathtaking views of the Tampa Bay. I always take this Skybridge when I go via US 70 from Fort Pierce to Oneco, or when I take the Tamiami Trail all the way from Miami with a detour by Saint Petersburg for the scenery.

II) GOOD HOTEL, EXCELLENT RATE, GOOD LOCATION

This Quality Stuart seems to be a recent Choice member because the day I arrived (Friday April 13, 2012, two weeks before my trips to Lima and Montevideo), they were hanging the sign outside. It is just north of Clarion Stuart (on the left hand side of US 1 going North) and south of Treasure Coast Mall.

I got room 217 on the top floor with view over US 1 but I wasn't bothered by the noise. It's a big king room with the usual amenities of all Qualities except that I had a US coffee maker and a refrigerator BUT NO microwave. When I arrived, it was one or the other and I preferred the frig.

Total price for it was $62.65 including tax and the usual buffet breakfast, a price that you will never find anywhere in Europe or South America for an equivalent room, except in your wildest dreams...

I invite you to read some of my more than fifty reviews so far about hotels in France, Vienna (the real one, in Austria, where I was last month, so my reviews are very recent), London, Madrid, Lima, Sao Paulo or Montevideo to have an idea of how much you must pay to sleep in a decent closet, especially in London!!! As I wrote in one of those reviews: if you want to get the most bang for your bucks, don't leave the US!

You may find these reviews altogether at the following link:
www.tripadvisor.com/members-reviews/Efrin_Knight

There are several places to eat around this hotel such as a Burger King & Flanigan's at door or McDonald's next to Flanigan's (CAUTION: they close early!). SONNY'S (one of the very best values for money in the US) is only one mile south, and you will see a CVS, Walgreens & STARBUCKS with a convenient Drive In for smokers only 2 miles south on the same US 1.

Since Choice Hotels is currently running the same promotion until August, I expect to go again to those places next month, between my return from Frankfurt and my trip to Montevideo in July. If you go from Miami to Saint Augustine, as I often do when I have a long weekend, you may have four or six nights, which will give you 8,000 bonus points for every two stays of one night each in two different hotels. You may even stay at three or four different hotels in the same city (for example, Saint Augustine or Fort Pierce) and every two stays will give you 8,000 points as long as it is a Clarion, Quality, Sleep or Comfort Inn.

Also, you may return to the same hotel and qualify for another stay as long as there is at least one blank night between to stays. In other words, if you stay one night at the Quality Stuart, a second night at the Quality Fort Pierce, a third night at the Sleep In one block from the Quality Ft. Pierce, a fourth night at the Comfort Suites Ft. Pierce, a fifth night at the Quality Ft. Pierce and a sixth night at the Quality Stuart, you will get 24,000 points, enough for three award nights at the Quality Suites in Paris rue de Tolbiac. That's over a $500 value!

All in all, this Quality Stuart is an excellent deal at $62.65 including tax and buffet breakfast on your way between Miami and the North of Florida or just for a points earning weekend, as I did last April.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Efrin_Knight
Rose T, General Manager at Quality Inn Stuart, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for the great review and loyality. We look forward to seeing you in the future.