“Good, but could use soime improvement”
Review of Key Lime Cafe - CLOSED

Key Lime Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Florida
“Good, but could use soime improvement”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have been here twice in the last month. First visit they were out of most beer, settled for ice. Ordered three different tacos which turned out to be very good. Wife ordered a burrito bowl which she liked, but said it could use more chips.

Second time she ordered a quesadilla which which she also said was good, but to me looked very plain and not present we well. I ordered the southwest salad. They had a full selection of beer this time, but my premium brand was cooled, not cold. The southwest salad arrived and was well presented, but the cilantro dressing was bubbling away and I avoided it. The salad also same with their mild salsa. The salsa was sufficient as dressing for me and was very spice from a cilantro standpoint, not hot to taste. Service was a little slow, with the small crowd that was there in the early evening, but not slow to the point I would complain. With some improvements such as having cold beer, and paying more attention to the quality and presentation of the food I would raise my rating.

• Visited March 2014

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Fun, Great Outdoor Space, Mostly Mexican Menu”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Just stumbled upon the Key Lime Cafe (or is it "Cantina?") nestled between the Colorado Hotel and another old building, and the outdoor space looked so inviting we went in. I love these places that mix American, Mexican, Caribbean, Hawaiian, South Pacific, and African styles and the result works just fine. We had tacos and guacamole and cheese I mean queso dip and chips and drinks. The tacos seemed odd to us, not what we thought we had ordered: it was pulled pork, BBQ sauce, and a pink cole slaw on a soft taco, but it was interesting. Then the waiter apologized and said he'd made a mistake, and brought out the tacos we ordered. So we were stuffed! I loved the very spicy hot queso dip but it was too spicy for my friend. Yes, we will come again.

Stuart, Florida
“Great Food! Awesome Bartender! Amazing Margaritas!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went to Key Lime with a co-worker for a light lunch and a couple of drinks. We ordered a couple of appetizers. My co-worker had the Corona beers on special. I had the margarita, let me say, BEST MARGARITA I HAVE EVER HAD! I literally dream about them now. Bartender was Chris, and he was awesome! Great please to go during the day for a quick break. Thank you Key Lime!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank JuliaH107
Dallas, Texas
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Atmosphere is fine, drinks were fine. The place was crowded on a Saturday afternoon and we wanted to grab lunch so we elected to sit at the bar. We waited for 30 minutes or longer and never received our food. We noticed that the man sitting next to us was served. He had ordered 15 minutes after we did. We asked about our food and the bartender went to check on it. She came back and said there was no fish. Needless to say, we were quite upset. The restaurant did comp our drinks but this was not a good experience. I have read several reviews that mention bad service so this evidently is not an isolated incident.

• Visited December 2013
West Palm Beach, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Create your own Bloody Mary's?? Apparently not.”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I walked by and saw the advertisement out from for Sunday $6 Create your own Bloody Mary's. We had no intention of going in until we saw that. Neither of us are really big drinkers, but thought the idea sounded fun. So, we went in. I asked the hostess before we even sat down if the $6 Bloody Mary deal was still going on and she said yes, so we proceeded to get a table. We ordered fish dip and bloody marys and were surprised when neither of our two servers asked what we wanted in our drinks or explained how making them worked. But, waited anyway. Out came our bloody marys--three olives and a lime and lemon slice. While the drinks were good, they weren't what we came in for. When I asked the server, he knew nothing of the create your own Bloody Mary and said, 'That's our $6 Bloody Mary." Furthermore, the fish dip we ordered was salmon, not yellowfin tuna as listed on the the menu and the crackers (as advertised) were stale tortilla chips. Overall, the atmosphere is nice. And I typically don't complain about restaurants, but I mostly follow a very clean diet and rarely eat out or drink, so when I do I feel like it's a bit of a splurge and make my selections carefully--I felt cheated a bit with this "cheat meal".

• Visited November 2013