“Create your own Bloody Mary's?? Apparently not.”
Review of Key Lime Cafe - CLOSED

Key Lime Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I walked by and saw the advertisement out from for Sunday $6 Create your own Bloody Mary's. We had no intention of going in until we saw that. Neither of us are really big drinkers, but thought the idea sounded fun. So, we went in. I asked the hostess before we even sat down if the $6 Bloody Mary deal was still going on and she said yes, so we proceeded to get a table. We ordered fish dip and bloody marys and were surprised when neither of our two servers asked what we wanted in our drinks or explained how making them worked. But, waited anyway. Out came our bloody marys--three olives and a lime and lemon slice. While the drinks were good, they weren't what we came in for. When I asked the server, he knew nothing of the create your own Bloody Mary and said, 'That's our $6 Bloody Mary." Furthermore, the fish dip we ordered was salmon, not yellowfin tuna as listed on the the menu and the crackers (as advertised) were stale tortilla chips. Overall, the atmosphere is nice. And I typically don't complain about restaurants, but I mostly follow a very clean diet and rarely eat out or drink, so when I do I feel like it's a bit of a splurge and make my selections carefully--I felt cheated a bit with this "cheat meal".

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We just returned from a weekend at the Colorado Inn which surrounds this "Island" inspired outdoor cafe so we didn't have to look far for fresh flavorful food, friendly service, great music,and not to mention my favorite wine and a full moon.
Two weeks ago we stopped in for a drink to cool off, I noticed they carried my favorite wine, but not the white zinfandel, when I mentioned this, the bartender said she would try to order some for our up coming reservation at the inn, and to our surprise she did!
We were so impressed by her thoughtfulness we vowed that the Key Lime Cafe will be our new place to stop whenever we visit Stuart, which will be often since we live just down the road in Jupiter.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a cool little place tucked away in Downtown Stuart. It's gone through a lot of new owners, management & staff in the last few years. Their food is good, sometimes great...depends on who's back there cooking. The service is either poor, good, or great also depending on who's back there. They have live music most of the time, but their hours are weird and they close early al lot. This is a hit or miss outdoor restaurant.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Forget about chain restaurants like Duffy's or Mulligans. Just across the street from Duffy's is the key lime cafe on the first floor of the Colorado Inn. We ate outdoors. Wife had very berry salad which has 3 kinds of cherries plus cranberries with mahimahi. I had a fiesta salad bowl with chicken, pepper, avocado, pineapple over key lime cilantro rice. Both were great. Haven't been there at night but it looks like the patio would be beautiful. Great tex-mex menu as well. A nice florida surprise.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Key lime is a cool place to relax in the sun. We have gone thre a few times. Great live music when they have it there. They also have this really good limeade. The food is pretty good, but nothing to go crazy over. But overall I think it's worth checking out.