“Sadly some of best Chinese in Stuart”
Review of Pei Wei Bistro

Ranked #134 of 301 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We've lived here a year and still have not found a Chinese restaurant that we're wild about. This is the lower brand of PF Changs, so the food is of similar quality. We've gone a few times and each time the experience has gotten worse and worse. The portions are big, but lack flavor. The inside of the restaurant is extremely tiny as well.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

then you'll enjoy Pei Wei. Today was my first experience with one and probably not my last. It's like PF Changs but scaled down and since Pei Wei is a PF Changs brand it makes sense. The menu is not anywhere near extensive as PF Changs, but the flavor is there.

Never been to a PF Changs? Think of your better than average full-service (not just take out or order by pictures) Chinese restaurant.Then improve the decor to what a national chain would be. It reminded me of my favorite Chinese place at home after they remodeled. Clean, modern and a bit dark. Think Panera meets Chinese restaurant, take away the baked goods and turn down the lighting.

All the standard Americanized Chinese food is here. Chicken, shrimp,steak or veggies with tofu in a choice of sauces over rice or noodles. Some sides and appetizers are available, but not much, not nearly as much as the parent restaurant. I had the chicken with coconut curry sauce and while not as good as a Thai restaurant, it gave me the heat and flavor I was looking for. My colleague had a Korean sauce with shrimp which he said had good flavor but very salty, even for Asian food. Portions were more than enough, maybe a bit smaller than a non chain Chinese restaurant.

Service was fine, you order at the counter and they bring it to you. Food was done quickly and brought over quickly. This location has one of those Coca Cola multi-dispenser machines. It's a computer that can make anything that Coca Cola makes. Fanta? Mr. Pibb? Anything Coke makes can be yours for the press of the screen. It must be a very expensive machine, because it should be everywhere!

I avoided that (though I love Mr. Pibb) and had some of their fresh brewed iced tea. I don't know if it changes, but they had Mandarin Orange flavor and Chai. The Chai was the winner because the spiciness and sweetness of the Chai went well with the Thai I had.

So I enjoyed it and if I ever need to satisfy a Chinese craving with no other options, I'd probably go here. BUT, I can probably get the same kind of meal from a local Chinese restaurant, Thai restaurant or any other nationality you can think of, for the same price or cheaper ( just shy of $13 with drink) and have just as good of a meal. I'd rather support a small business than a large chain.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I came in with my service dog and to my surprise the employees were very knowledgeable about the ADA brief. LOVED IT!. It.feels so good to go to a place where you know you wont be bother and treated like a regular. I will definitely say that this place is for the entire family . Thank you guys!!!!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We enjoyed the food we purchased for take out from Pei Wei. We had purchased our Christmas tree and it was in the car. We wanted to have a nice evening with our daughter and we did. We ordered a Mandarin steak and it was delicious, the sweet and sour chicken was good - had a slightly different taste. The Pork rolls were great. The two meals and pork rolls came to a little over 20 dollars. Many people came and went - they had called to order- a smart idea. We will definitely go here again and maybe sit in this time. Atmosphere is nice and restaurant is very clean. Plenty of fortune cookies plus they have the new coke machine that my daughter loves.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Excellent food, nice atmosphere and did I say, good food? Got my food for take out and they were busy but quick.

Been to Pei Wei Bistro? Share your experiences!