“cell phone”

The Black Marlin
Ranked #51 of 279 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Great cozy little Bar and restaurant located in the center of historic Downtown Stuart. Happy hour that includes 2 for 1s on wine and drinks as well as appetizers as low as $6 from 4:00pm-6:00pm daily. Known for our professional staff, great meal options, and well made cocktails, this is the perfect place to come for a great experience in Downtown Stuart.
York, Pa.
“cell phone”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We stopped in for cocktails before the show and sat at the bar.A customer with his two-way cell phone made call after call. This phone enabled both sides of his conversation to be heard. The bar tender and what appeared to be the manager were also talking to him so he must be a regular.
When we left I told the bartender I hoped we hadn't interfered with the gentlemans conversations : he said No, you were fine.
Sinatra would never stop in here for a quiet little drink or two.

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank skgesq

Miami, Florida
“Dissapointing”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

After reading other reviews, we were a little dissapointed with our experience. Our waiter, Jason was less than enthusiastic. I had the Shrimp and Artichoke Pasta, which was average. My wife had the Shrimp and Crab Pasta. The cheese sauce overpowered the shrimp and crab.

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank kentish_man2000
Long Beach Township, New Jersey
“Under-Rated & Under-Priced and I'm No Local”
Reviewed March 29, 2011

I've only been to Stuart for a few weeks over the past 10 years but I've been able to sample most of the best restaurants Stuart has to offer. The Black Marlin is one of Stuart's best kept secrets. My wife and I walked past it several times before finally going inside. It is small and unassuming from the outside and we thought it might have little to offer. Boy were we wrong. The inside is charming and intimate with a historic decore and a handsome bar where we enjoyed an excellent cocktail duirng our short wait for a table. The entire staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. Our waitress not only explained the menu perfectly but even brought us a small sample to satisfy our curiosity. The food was just as good as we've eaten at some much more posh Stuart eateries but at much more reasonable prices. The Black Marlin is now on our "must do" places for future visits to Stuart.

• Visited March 2011
3 Thank LBIRickster
Stuart, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Bar and Great Florida Style Menu”
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We are from the Stuart area and have to say that The Black Marlin is one of our favorites. Weeknights, it can be a bit like "Cheers" with all the locals filling the bar. It's great because you can get a great burger, a gourmet thin crust pizza or a great piece of fish. They sometimes have hogfish on the menu. For anyone that has never had it, if you like snapper, you'll like hogfish even more! We normally eat at the bar, but there are plenty of tables as well.

1 Thank superrep1
Holden Beach, North Carolina
“Over-rated and Over-priced no matter what the locals say.”
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Our relatives treated us us to dinner for our 10 year anniversary and thank goodness because if we went alone we would have never made it pass the drinks. The hostess pointed us to a table and said "the specials are on the table." For $25 a person I would think you could do better. Shrimp and crab pasta was just OK..could have been Liptons out of the packet. The New York strip was over cooked. What is so hard about cooking a steak to the correct temp? Basically, I will have forgotten this meal in the next day or two and will only remember that the next time I am in Stuart to not eat here. Attention tourists, don't spend the money unless you have it to blow!!

2 Thank dbritt

Been to The Black Marlin? Share your experiences!