“I am so glad they moved to Stuart!!”

District Table and Bar
Ranked #15 of 280 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: American, Gastropub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: District Table and Bar is a seasonally driven restaurant that has a changing menu based upon the availability of products of local farmers and fishermen. District has opened its doors to their customers on April 18th, 2013.
Palm City
“I am so glad they moved to Stuart!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I went in the other night for a bite to eat and see what District was all about. The staff was incredible especially Kelly and Jessica. They both gave me the service all restaurants should strive for!! I had the Oysters on the half shell. Cold, Briney and Delicious. I then had the Shrimp and Grits appetizer and then for dessert I had the homemade sugar and cinnamon donuts. Yum!! Tha ey are served in a paper bag with an apple compote and vanilla creme. I'll be back often!

South Florida, Florida
“Ambitious cutting edge cuisine but under-delivered.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

The menu is appealing with unique items and a small but satisfying wine list. We were there on a busy night and they were still working it the kinks. We had 4 apps and one entree. One app came without all the ingredients, one app was bland. The roasted bone marrow and the scallops were excellent. The staff had the rich attitude, very knowledgable and happy to be working there. Most of the other patrons had a similar expertise to us but are rooting for them to work out the kinks, just like we are. Worry checking out as I expect them to continue to improve.

Highlands, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I have been to District Table 5 times now and wanted to write the review after sampling most of the menu items and both slow and busy nights. During the slow nights our meals and service was excellent. Although my father ordered a fish dish that was overcooked, they immediately took it back and replaced it with another fish that was excellent. During the busy nights (Fri & Sat), service was slower and it was loud, but not so loud that we couldn't talk with friends.

We really enjoy unusual menu's and District Table is very unusual. Wine and beer choices are good, and we tried some of the local brews. We have enjoyed trying all the dishes, and while we like some better then others all were excellent in taste and presentation. My wife's favorite is the scallops and mine is the beef loin. I have posted photo's of the dishes. We are very excited that District table decided to make Stuart it's home. We will be back many times in the future.

Florida
“Trendy, Noisy and Expensive”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I wanted to like this restaurant. Really! I loved walking in and feeling the ambiance. However, soon I noticed the roaring din of animated voices. When I say "roaring" I can't begin to share how loud the noise level is there.
The menu is quite different. The fist unusual starter was "Pig Ears". (I can't make that up.) We were told they are delicious and of course, come from an organic well respected pig farm. There was also "pork belly" available. I simply couldn't chance that order
Our waitress was eager to explain the unusual possibilities of the restaurant. She told us they ordered from local farms where organic was important. We liked that! She poured 5X filtered water from a black bottle and asked for our drink order. Although the word "Bar" is in the title, they only have wine. Maybe later they will get a licquer license? We chose two wines. The red was my friends at 12.00 for the glass. Mine was a Pinot at 10.00 a glass. I loved my wine. That's about all I loved. I was grateful for how it eased my nerves listening to the raucous noise there. Honestly, I had to yell at my friend to have her hear what I was trying to say.
We chose a shaved brussell sprouts salad and shared it. We couldn't find the shaved brussel sprouts. On top was a friend egg. Actually, it tasted good with the mustard dressing and very overly cooked bacon and pancetta. That salad was 9.00. It really wasn't enough for two.
We asked if the portions were large enough to share for the main course for two small women such as we. We were assured there would be enough. An hour later, the main course of black grouper arrived. (AN HOUR LATER!) I wanted to ask them if they really thought the portion was enough for two? Honestly, it was so small. Worse yet, it was overcooked. There were three tiny carrots and some other veggy that I didn't know. We added the braised brussel sprouts as suggested by our server. (Extra charge) They were tasty but hard as a rock.
The manager came to ask us how our meal was. When we told him, he said he wished we had told him and he would have ordered another fish for us. We simply didn't want to wait another hour for that dish! He hurriedly said they were slammed in the kitchen that night. Can't imagine what a week-end is like as this was a Thursday night. He then started to clear the table although my friend was still picking at the food!
I don't think I will go again. Unless they get something to soften the sound there, it's simply not conducive for a quiet meal. The prices are high for overcooked fish and undercooked veggies. (I do NOT like soft veggies.) I'm telling you they were hard as rocks!
We shared the total bill of $62.00. Not worth it in my opinion. Sorry! Maybe time will help them more and a sound barrier ceiling?

1 Thank eslmavin
Palm City, Florida
“WOW!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I am so happy to have such a fantastic restaurant in little Stuart!

The best part is the menu changes so we can never get bored. And, the food is fresh, farm to table. It is a bit pricey, but worth it. Great wine selection too.

I can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2013