“This is a casual dining on the waterfront”
Review of The Reef - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: Seafood
Cloquet, Minnesota
“This is a casual dining on the waterfront”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a casual dining on the waterfront. My Mahi sandwich was good. My husbands burger was over cooked and not much flavor. The menu is overpriced.
The service was good and friendly. The view was very nice.

Visited September 2013

Stuart, Florida
“Worst management of any place I have ever been. Ever.”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The woman who learned her management skills from skid row, or possible as a prison guard needs to be fired. The bar manager who was working outside needs to realize customers are a good thing, not an inconvenient bother to his otherwise miserable Saturday night.

Busboy disposed of huge buckets of ice on the deck walkway. Very nice! Spent the remainder of the night at the ER with my friend who fell and really hurt her back. Woman refused to file accident report or call for help. I called 911 and she yelled at me the whole time I was on the phone with them! Her direct quote to me was "You can't fix stupid".

I never thought a business could possibly be worse than Finz (the previous restaurant in that location) but alas, The Reef has surpassed them in every imaginable way.

STAY AWAY! Dangerous uncaring staff.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“over priced”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went for drinks and dessert. No one greeted us. Staff not very friendly. Staff not educated in the dining industry and did not know the menu. Never given a menu and no napkins?? Don't think I should have to ask for these items at a restaurant! $14 for a simple dessert is a bit much.

Nice large restaurant on the water should be jam packed. Atmosphere is horrible. Do not recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
Orange Park, Florida
“Excellent casual waterfront dining”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We ate: shrimp po boy, chicken wings, fish tacos, shrimp appetizers (can't remember what they were called - not coconut), coconut grouper sandwich, fish and chips, lemon tart, and pound cake with rum sauce.

Everything was excellent. Everything. Having grown up in Florida before everyone started to buy their seafood from Cisco, I am INCREDIBLY picky about seafood. In fact, when I want seafood, I am more likely to cook it myself than eat out because I can more easily control the quality and freshness in my own kitchen than somewhere else. As a group of hungry divers, we stopped here on a whim on our drive home.

I wasn't expecting much but it was all very, very good. The only thing that I didn't like was probably the only thing that wasn't made from scratch - the bread. The bread on my po boy tasted a few days old and like it might have come from Publix. But all of the seafood, desserts, and sauces were truly wonderful.

I want to point out that I found their menu a little bit confusing. It was divided into appetizers, sandwiches, entrees, and desserts. The appetizer section seemed to be where they put stuff that didn't quite fit in the other areas. The size of the appetizers varied greatly. Some (fish and chips) were easily enough to fill an adult. Others (fish tacos) would make a nice, light meal. And still others (shrimp, chicken wings) were more like the size that you would expect of an appetizer.

I recommend adding another section so that diners can more easily guess at the size of the dishes. Add a "small plates" in addition to appetizers. I think that would clear up a lot of confusion and make the menu look richer.

Also - the seating on the patio overlooking the deck was great. But, I'd warn women not to wear a short skirt. If you do, you might end up showing more than you'd like to the people sitting at the bar on the deck. Speaking of the deck... those of you who go get drinks at the deck bar might want to consider your tops. People can look down from the seating area above....

• Visited May 2013
“lunch in the sun”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went to the Reef restaurant for lunch, we sat out in the patio by the water. They have added a bar, and a floating dock, we dint ask but it seems as if they have live music maybe at night. The inside looks almost the same as the previous restaurant, but definitely cleaner. We shared the mussels with the orange sauce for appetizers , they were good, and a nice size portion. the four of us all ordered something different and were all happy with our selection. Our server was very friendly, knew the menu very well and was very efficient ...definitely will go back.

• Visited April 2013