“Go to place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gafford

The Gafford
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gafford is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 273 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Casual meets Upscale. Local seafood, meats and vegetables prepared fresh daily. Fun and upbeat atmosphere with great hospitality
Golden, Colorado
“Go to place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is our "Go To" place when we travel to Stuart! The food, service and atmosphere are all warm and welcoming. The owners and staff have all honed in on what seems to be a long lost art: actually caring about your customers. Food is amazing! Love the personal touch of the owner and chef taking the time to visit tables.

Stuart, Florida
“Superb Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

The Gafford was our only choice for our anniversary dinner. My husband had lamb lollies as an appetizer while I enjoyed the lobster bisque. We both especially enjoyed the special entrée, black grouper a la bananas foster. Imagine great fish topped with bananas that had been flambeed in brandy sauce with pecans, served with rice pilaf and green beans. A special dessert thanks to Chef Taylor, apple pastry topped with vanilla ice cream drizzled with caramel sauce. Owner Rick and waitress Emry also contributed to a very special evening.

Pembroke Pines FL
“Great Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

We were visiting the area from out of town and were looking for some fine dining to celebrate a family birthday dinner . We checked some websites and picked The Gafford, what clinched us was the saying “never met a stranger” which is on their website as part of their history. We figured we couldn’t go wrong. We made a reservation for party of 8 and our table was waiting for us when we got there, the restaurant is quite charming and the lighting was perfect since the sun was setting.
Trenton provided exceptional service giving us unlimited time to look over the menu without rushing us & answered questions. The owner was very friendly came over to chat for a little bit, & gave us a little history of The Gafford. We had a little issue with the A/C over in our area as it was getting warm, but the owner was right on it before we could even mention it to him.
Now to what everyone wants to know, the food???? Some of the dishes were to die for, excellent flavors and presentation. Appetizers : The Tuna tartare was amazing wish I could have had that as my entrée. Jumbo Crab Cakes, now that’s what I’m talking about it was sooo good. Mom says her Filet Mignon she was one of the best she has had, Dad had the pork chops and he gave it the Ok sign with a kiss which meant it was too his liking. Hubby had the sword fish which he enjoyed, I think chicken and salmon were also ordered by others in our party. Now I’m an honest reviewer, so here goes, I ordered the Big Eye Tuna it fell a little short in flavor for my palette, maybe I was expecting heightened flavors like the Tuna tartare. But everyone had a very delicious meal. And did I tell you about the wine, we had the most fantastic bottle of wine it was a Santa Ema Merlot – Chilean wine, our side of the table ordered two bottles of it, it was that good. Since we were celebrating my birthday and my brother’s, The Gafford took two complimentary Polaroids – what a wonderful touch – “THANK YOU “ for the memory. The Chef which happens to be the owners son also came by the table to see if we enjoyed our meal.
I give this place a two thumbs up from food to service to hospitality, and if we are back around this area we will definitely be back. Check them out it will not disappoint

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Plantation, Florida
“Great restaurant in a quaint town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were in charge of setting up dinner for a business conference dinner for 35 people. The owner, Rick Wilson couldn't have been more accommodating. The food was delicious, the presentation was excellent, the dishes served were innovative.
Our server, Shannon was delightful, didn't get frazzled with all the requests and she smiled the whole evening and didn't blink an eye when we requested separate checks.
I would definitely recommend this wonderfully cozy restaurant.

West Palm Beach
“Favorite ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

There is absolutely not one negative about the Gafford. We dine here at least once a week; sometimes more. I recommend the Tuna Tartare with their handmade kettle chips instead of the wontons; burrata and tomato appetizer; Shrimp and Grits; any of the salads; burgers, sliders; Mabel's Fried Chicken. In fact, all menu items are out of this world. They have creative and delectable specials. The soups are unique and delicious. The staff are personable and friendly. Service is impeccable.

1 Thank ErinRW1

Been to The Gafford? Share your experiences!