Tripadvisor
Florida Oceanographic Coastal Center
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Some very Passionate Guides

We attended several of the presentations, dealing with the Everglades and the estuaries of eastern... read more

Reviewed yesterday
ede2411
Stuart, Florida
A Nice Place to Spend an Afternoon with the Family

We visited the Oceanographic Center on a Sunday afternoon and found to be a very well conceived... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
richardcL9783VD
Port Saint Lucie, Florida

All reviews sea turtles feed the stingrays touch tank game fish nature trail marine life local fish butterfly garden all ages ray tank educational place kids and adults per adult few hours great for kids gift shop spend an afternoon
Selected filters
Reviewed December 14, 2019

I absolutely loved this place. The staff were knowledgeable & so friendly. You learn about local marine life & why they have the animals they have. They have a few feedings that are always fun to watch. I REALLY liked that with admission feeding the stingrays are included (no telling the kids no it costs money) it was free for everyone. The hands on touch tanks were neat with horseshoe carbs, hermit crabs, sea urchins & sea cucumbers. They had puffer fish & sea horses. Sea turtles, fish & nurse sharks.

The nature trails are a little over a mile long (you can walk only sections of it if you choose) & you walk through the middle of a mangrove forest. I even had a family of raccoons walk up right underneath the board walk. When they realized I was above them the took off but it was really fun to watch them fed before they noticed me. I saw a osprey wearing its meal in the trees. I had a wonderful experience but I walked the whole trail twice trying to see the otters in the wild. If your really quiet maybe you will catch a glimpse of them.

I wouldn't plan on this being a whole day activity. A good couple hours. I was there from 11am until 3pm but I walked the nature trail twice & took my time. But it is definitely worth a visit.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 8, 2019

Was skeptical about this place from outside/location. There's a lot more to it than meets the eyes thou. There is a museum like room with lots of interesting information that both children & adults can enjoy and learn from. then there is the amazing outside area with game fish and a ONE mile trail which takes you through the palm covered swamp area out to beach and back along boardwalks and hard sand covered paths. Would definitely recommend and look forward to going back when in the area again.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2019 via mobile

Great learning center! It's good for young kids and adults. Zach has a PhD and he explained the stingrays, fish, sharks, turtles, and the algae in so much detail! He also explained the issues that the aquatic animals are facing in Florida. There wasn't a question he couldn't answer. You'll leave having learned alot.

You can feed the stingrays which was a cool experience

Military gets in for free all year long.

Reviewed November 7, 2019 via mobile

I absolutely loved this place!! It’s great for kids but I’m 32 and I enjoyed it without kids! If you love animals than you will enjoy it! Feeling and feeding the stingrays was my favorite part

Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

Pet the stingrays and watch the sharks eat. This is a great family afternoon place. Very interesting history of our local waterways