“Poor management overshadows good food.”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #18 of 291 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Phone: (772) 288-4388
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We came to Bonefish (only second visit to this restaurant) with two other couples as a combination business/friends dinner. While the prices here are rather high, the food quality is as well, so it seemed a good choice for this occasion. The food was not what disappointed us about this visit, either. It was excellent. The disappointment was the service and the management.

The evening we were there, the restaurant was comfortably full, but not overly busy. There were always a few tables empty. There appeared to be sufficient wait staff, but the service was quite slow and disjointed. This became more apparent as the evening went on, although by the time we left, there were only a couple of other tables still occupied. After the last of our party finished eating, it was more than 15 minutes before anyone came by to check on us. What was even more remarkable was that when they did, we were not even offered coffee and/or dessert. The waitress simply brought us our check and said goodnight.

There was much confusion among the wait staff several times... the worst was as they tried to clear our bread plates and make room for the salads... and in their rush to collect the wine list, as I raised it up from the table, the server swiped it out of my hand, knocking my glass of red wine all over my new shirt and my trousers. Imagine my surprise when instead of receiving an apology I was told, "that's okay... don't worry about it... This happens more often than you think..." I would certainly hope that they don't often dump drinks in their patrons' laps, but it certainly didn't seem to bother anyone there (other than me).

Not only were the servers not apologetic about having dumped a full glass of wine on me, the manager never came to even check on me, not to mention offering an apology. I had to ask for him after we'd paid the check and were ready to leave. When I asked him why he had not come to check on the situation, he claimed that he had not been aware of what had happened. Even after sharing with him about it, I had to tell him that he would be receiving a cleaning bill... he hadn't made even a motion towards offering anything in the way of making amends.

I was truly disappointed in this experience.

1  Thank PalmCityAv8r

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I guess I am spoiled since I been living in So Flo for 30+ years now. The portions look nice but they don't fill you up. Apps are $$$, drinks are $$$, crowd was a bit older.... Chain food average quality

1  Thank Chuck H
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Had the chance to visit this restaurant for the first time on October 20th--a Saturday night. It was very busy, a bit loud but manageable. I was surprised it was a chain as it did not have that feel to it--we all ordered appetizers and it was just the right amount for us that evening. I think they are a bit 'cheap' in their pour on wines, but I guess that is the way they manage their beverage budget. Solid, but certainly not personal.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Yes the food is always good here. The wait staff is very nice and professional however....
2 complaints: 1. there is always a long wait for the food which does not seem to be the fault of the servers. and 2. their wine pour is extremely small. I mean come on, we know the mark up for wine is enormous and I'm happy to get a glass. But when they pour exactly 4 ounces, it is very small for the price!!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Bonefish is consistently offering delicious, fresh fish. Their Bang Bang shrimp is to die for! The only thing that keeps this review from being excellent is the long wait and the attitude of some bar staff. We get around these by going very early or after 8pm, and sitting at a table in the bar, not at the bar. If you sit outside, you'll have the occasional smoker. Try their happy hour with their inexpensive appetizers-you can't go wrong.

Been to Bonefish Grill? Share your experiences!