“A Great Shack Off The Beaten Track”

Gettin' Crabby at the Stern House
Ranked #13 of 279 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“A Great Shack Off The Beaten Track”
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Just off Dixie Highway and outside the main town of Stuart, we found this wonderful little Seafood Restaurant. Both our meals were delicious! The menu listed a great variety of choices. My husband had a Soft Shell Crab BLT and myself my all time favorite,Fried Oysters. We will definitely come back when in the area again.

Jupiter, Florida
“Cracked Conch, fried oysters and grouper, yahoo!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

Thank you fellow Trip Advisors! It was my birthday and I told my husband I want seafood, fresh seafood and lots of it. So we listened to the advice of Trip Advisor, plugged the address into our GPS (or we would have never found this little place) and took a ride up to Stuart. We were very pleased! The service was great, very friendly and willing to guide you through the menu. We arrived at 2 pm and there was no crowd so we could enjoy a booth. They ran out of the hog snapper but the grouper sandwich was excellent, it came with steak fries that were well seasoned, plentiful and piping hot. The fried oysters were delicious. The king crab served at the table next to us looked incredible. We were told you can make reservations for four or more which is recommended. We want to go back and hear the live music. Do not expect fancy but DO expect fresh and friendly. Our kind of place!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jupiterbeachers
Twin Cities, MN
“Perfect Little Dive (in a good way)”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a small and casual place. Parking is around back. Perfect for a cold drink and some good grilled fish. Our server was extremely personable. We came at an off time around 2pm on a Tuesday, we had her full attention as the only table seated. Fish tacos were reasonably priced and the cucumber tomato salad we ordered on the side was a refreshing change from the "same Ole" sides you can get anywhere. Two tacos came with corn tortillas (gluten free :-) This along with a jumbo grilled shrimp appetizer and a couple beers came to around $40.

• Visited August 2014
Cape Coral, Florida
“Great local fish, fresh catch, no tilapia or swai here!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My family enjoyed some great local fish, snapper and hogfish. I also enjoyed some oyster shooters, and my son had a great mahi filet on the kids menu for only $5! It was great.
The place only has a handful of tables, but we were lucky enough to be seated right away. I almost missed the oyster shooters on the menu, so if you are a fan, make sure to get a few!

• Visited July 2014
“1950's South Fla and good food!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This joint does indeed seem like something from 1950's south Fla. The decor is very Florida and very casual, that's for sure! We went on a Sunday evening and had the place to ourselves. The beer/wine list is extensive so everyone should find something to satisfy. I had the grilled Mahi with cilantro rice and tomato/cuke salad, and my partner had the soft shell crabs special. Both meals were delicious and nothing was left to bring home for the dog! Service was good, too. But don't let valet parking fool you...this is a tee shirt and flip flops kinda joint!

Visited July 2014