“All we could ever need...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Colorado Inn

Old Colorado Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Grinnell, Iowa
“All we could ever need...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

The Old Colorado Inn in downtown Stuart is a wonderful place to stay. Steve the owner is so kind and wants to meet all your needs; he also delivers unexpected extras - we came back New Years Eve to a plate of goodies! The Inn is in an ideal location, numerous restaurants and shops in walking distance, a short drive to many beaches. Steve has gone out of his way to make the experience wonderful for everyone. The beds are fantastic as are the sheets, pillows and bath towels. I mentioned that I might need an iron and within minutes an iron and ironing board were delivered. I can't say enough about how wonderful his hospitality is. This is a property you should definitely check out!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank MJBair

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Palm City, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

My husband and I were able to spend New Years eve in this wonderful renovated Inn. We were able to walk over to the Sailor's Return for a sunset cocktail, had a drink at the Black Marlin, dinner at Duffy's and finished the evening drinking wine and champagne on the balcony just off our room at the Inn. Steve Vitale, the owner/manger did a wonderful job providing us with evening treats and sweets. The next morning a basket of fresh bagels and orange juice, as well as the newspaper, were hung on our door. The rooms are nicely decorated and very comfortable. The kitchen in our room was fully equipped and we loved the pillows on our bed. Don't miss this opportunity to enjoy downtown Stuart and all that it has to offer. You are only steps from the waterfront, Lyric theater, great shopping and fun dining.

Room Tip: All the rooms have been renovated and are very inviting. We enjoyed our room because it was located...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jody P
Stuart, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Inn to celebrate his 50th Birthday. Although we are Stuart "locals",we felt like we were away staying in a quaint little village! The Iocation of the Inn allowed us to walk to many of our favorite downtown spots giving us a totally different experience. The accomdations were amazing! The bed was so cozy and comfortable. The room was very clean and the decor gives it a very elegant feel. I am so excited to have this available for friends and family to enjoy in Stuart I have been spreading the word!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kerry C
Palm City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2011

My husband and I just stayed here for a "bounce back" weekend. We had such a great time. We had a very elegant 1BR apartment with a great kitchen, modern bathrooms and luxurious sheets! The owners thought of everything - bottled water, roses, lovely bagels and muffins for breakfast, and so much more! The hotel is centrally located in downtown Stuart, seconds away from shopping, dinner at Osceola Street cafe, lunch at the key lime cafe downstairs, and nightlife at "The Blue Door." I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank amack3571
Panama City Beach, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

We have never been so thoroughly taken care while staying at an Inn. The inn keeper, Steven Vitale, was gracious and charming and continually exceeded our expectations. There was no questioin that Steven genuinely wanted to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Although not an official bed and breakfast, we experienced the charm, warmth and personal care that one usually experiences from a bed and breakfast. Our room was newly renovated and clean, the bed mattress was amazing, the room furnishings were top notch, we had a fully equiped convienience kitchen, and the atmosphere was that of an old Inn of years gone by. The Inn is located amoungst downtown Stuart's boutique shops and restaurants, all within walking distance. There is no question that we will visit this Inn again when we return to Stuart, and would highly recommend the Old Colorado Inn to anyone looking for something more interesting than the standard pedestrian hotels.

Room Tip: Our bathroom didn't have a bathtub (the shower however was very nice), but Steven did mention th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hollywood, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

I can't say enough good things about the Old Colorado Inn but I'm going to try...

Although the hotel is housed in a historic building, everything in it is BRAND NEW. I was literally the seventh guest to stay at the inn.

The owners, long-time Stuart residents Steve and Ashley, have done an amazing job of restoring the building and decorating the rooms. I had the opportunity to see every room, as well as the free-standing cottage, an every single one was spotlessly clean and beautifully designed. The rooms are completely modern and yet retain the historic charm of the property.

Everything in the room provided comfort and enjoyment: great bedding, plush towels, wonderfully smelling toiletries, very comfortable couch, flat screen TV, etc.

Unfortunately, I wasn't there long enough to make much use of the fully-equipped kitchen in my suite, but I loved all the types of coffee that I was able to make with a touch of a buttton on the keurig single cup coffee maker.

I also loved the historic photos that lined the hallways: a very nice touch that added to inn's charm.

It was wonderful being able to walk just a few steps to Stuart's downtown restaurants and shops. I was very surprised by the quantity and quality of both. I defintely need more time in Stuart to explore the area and perhaps check out a show at the nearby Lyric Theater.

But my favorite part of my stay at the Old Colorado was meeting Steve and Ashley. Although they are new to the hotel business, they are by nature sincerely hospitable and couldn't have been more welcoming. They were genuinely concerned with making sure that I enjoyed every aspect of my experience at the Old Colorado and I definitely did.

I CAN'T WAIT TO GO BACK!!!

Room Tip: Every room was great. Just depends on how much room you need.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MissHollywoodFL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuart
BEST WESTERN Downtown Stuart
#7 of 11 in Stuart
Quality Inn Stuart
Quality Inn Stuart
#8 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Old Colorado Inn? Share your experiences!