“Sports bar with outdoor dining, slow service, some servers good some with attitude attached”

Duffy's Sports Grill
Ranked #36 of 301 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Duffy's is situated at a major intersection in this small town of Stuart. Great for sitting on the patio and watching people and meeting people from all over. It is very popular as they have two for one drinks ALL day long. I have eaten there approximately six times this trip and the experiences were about 50/50, Having a drink there is a great thing to do, eating is just hit or miss.

A few really good meals (specials, turkey and the steak were the best) and some really bad, overcooked chicken fingers and stale bread on a sandwich I ordered. Also, they do allow both cigar and pipe smoking besides cigarette smoking on the patio, so if seated in the wrong area, which I was on at least three occasions, it is extremely nauseating.

I had super sweet server girl and super arrogant server boy. One inside the restaurant and one outside. I had people who only took my order and I never saw them again. Never refilled my drink, never asked me how my food was and never even came back to do the fake smiley thing at the end to try and eek a good tip out of me. They have a hostess who seats you, but you may be waiting 15 minutes before the server appears. On one occasion I had to ask another server who our server was since no one had appeared and it was someone who had walked by out table at least 5 or 6 times, but said nothing at all to us.

I like the ambience of the outdoor cafe. I like when, half the time, the food is good. I don't like the quality of the servers that they have. Some are good, many are not and they do not even thank you for their tip if they do show up at the end of the meal. Several better restaurants in both Stuart and Jensen Beach above "sports bar" status with similiar prices and better service, in my opinion. Also, I tend not to eat at the busy or regular times so them being a popular or hotspot does not suffice as an excuse. It is okay, average, it will do when pressed for a place to eat, but the best advice I have is to go and have a drink, see if you get a good server, and that you aren't by a heavy smoker or pipe/cigar smoker, review the menu and decide for yourself at that moment if you think you will have a good experience.

John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We sat outside and enjoyed watching people's commerce in quaint downtown Stuart. Our server, Christy was on the money, friendly and attentive. The Wednesday special is beer batter shrimp with fries and coleslaw. I prefrer broiled seafood but for $8.99. it was too good to pass up. My husband got the chicken pita and enjoyed it. We will return.

John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you Debbie! So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

we order our food without noticed that everybody was outside but still we decide go inside ,we comment to waitres is so cold that my daughter can hold it anymore but they never lower the ac ,we not going again

John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Hi. Thank you very much for the valuable feedback. We take full responsibility for this. We have sent you a message in hopes we can learn more from you.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

I travel for work a lot and when I do, I'm always on the lookout for a good sports bar and grill. I like that I can eat and keep entertained at the bar while watching 13 TV's and a crowd of locals, rather than sit at a table alone and look - well - alone.

Recently, I stopped in a Duffy's, this one in Stuart Florida's cool little downtown. It was lunchtime and I needed to charge my phone and laptop. No problem, said the hostess, and seated me next to a wall socket. I ordered a chicken gyro pita (perfectly prepared and only $7.99 with homemade slaw) and ice tea. My waitress was back with a refill before the first one got to two thirds empty. She also inquired to make sure I was able to access their free WiFi - I was.

When I'd finished, I asked her if there might be any other small sweet that I could order for dessert instead of the $5 desserts for two. She thought for a moment and said, how about a kids Sundae? It's ice cream with choclate sauce and whip cream for $1.99. I said sure and she brought it a few minutes later.

What fun! I hadn't had a sundae in years and this couldn't have been better if I'd imagined it myself. Super waitress, tasty, fresh food, and a killer customer service attitude will see me back in a Duffy's the next time I'm nearby. And now they even have some delicious-sounding entrees that top out at 580 calories.

John S, Manager at Duffy's Sports Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you Stephen! So glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Duffy's have great deals that work well. Eat there between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM and get 40% off anything on the menu. Lunch time specials are also excellent deals. Use your VIP pass and get a point for every dollar spent. When you reach 100 points the give you $10 off of your meal.

Hello Dave! Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

Been to Duffy's Sports Grill? Share your experiences!