“Poor Dining Experience , Totally Saved by Sevan !”

Duffy's Sports Grill
Ranked #25 of 279 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Virginia
“Poor Dining Experience , Totally Saved by Sevan !”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Having been to this wonderful Duffy's every time I come to the area, I was looking forward to another great experience, as I have had in the past. We were a party of 6 arriving at 5:30 on a Friday night. Things were hopping at this place and I was given a buzzer and told the wait would be 25 minutes. After our time passed another waiting customer commented that she was told the buzzers weren't working, so the hostess came over to us and asked that I follow her to see if a table was okay. We were shown an outside table that wasn't even under the canopy of the restaurant but took it so we could start our dinner. We ordered drinks, since we love the 2 for 1 specials they run. They came in a timely fashion and we ordered immediately forgoing apps since we just wanted to eat our meal. As time progressed we ordered more drinks and continued to watch all the activity in the square. By the way this was the night for the big Christmas Parade in town so there was a lot of activity and all the great stores were open late. As 40 minutes passes a different waitress came over and explained that some printer had broken and our waitress never got the printout that our order was ready, so it had sat under the warming light for 20 minutes. They were going to recook new meals and that would be another 10 minutes and she brought us drinks and some free salsa and chips to tie us over. At this point everyone was getting hungry. Well our meals finally arrived an hour after ordering, and everyone ate their meals. I guess at this point we just wanted to leave but on my way back from the restrooms I decided to ask to see Sevan Hashas the Manager. He was most apolegetic for what had happened.since I explained how embarrassed I was to have brought people here and had raved about the place.. He was very aware of what had happened to us and said our evening was on him. That was not what I was expecting but so kind of him to do so. He also came back to the table and spent some time with our group. It is always so nice to feel welcomed in a restaurant by management. He also sent over some large hot fudge sundaes for us to share and enjoy so our evening ended on a high note. All in all we will be back to Duffy's again, they certainly know how to take care of their customers when things can go wrong. Kudos to Duffy's for having a great manager in Sevan..

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank travelqueenVirginia

Orlando, Florida
“Great place to watch”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is a great place to watch the happening of downtown Stuart. Watch people, sports or whatever. The food is good and they have happy hour all the time. Plus with the Duffy card you get bonuses. We love to go there and then shop.

• Visited November 2012
Stuart
“Nice outdoor lunch place downtown Stuart”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Something for everyone in the menu, good value, and a nice location. Service is ok if you like casual, but way too slow. Don't go there to grab a quick lunch if you are in hurry.

Visited November 2012
Florida
“Just OK”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

There are two Duffy's in Stuart Florida. One in Downtown Stuart. The other more towards the Hobe Sound area off Route 1. I've been to both. This review is about the one closest to Hobe Sound.
OK. It's not gourmet. The food is adequate. It can be a good meal for reasonable prices. Just be aware of the noise level. This is a sports bar! There are a zillion TV's blaring and flashing all over the place. Bring a sweater! It is ALWAYS cold. If you go on Monday evenings, any main course is 11.99. That can be a "deal" for the higher priced meal like crab cakes. My husband and I ordered the pasta with seafood. It was delicious but spicy. You can ask them to make it milder! WE only ate half and enjoyed the other half at home later that week. There was a little confusion when our friends ordered onion soup and they brought out clam chowder. (It doesn't even sound the same. But, the manager came and apologized for the error and the long wait until they got their onion soup. He took it off the bill. That was very nice and fair.
If you want an OK meal at reasonable prices, especially on Monday evenings, I recommend it. If you don't mind waiting at times, especially during dinner and in "season"...it's an OK place.

• Visited October 2012
Forked River, New Jersey
“Good food, good service!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Food, service and prices were all great! Nice outdoor seating in the center on downtown... We will definately go back!

Visited April 2012