Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed October 8, 2006

My fiance and I really enjoyed our stay at the hotel. We got a great deal on priceline and got the room for $127 a night instead of $199. The staff was really friendly. The rooms were great. The "no-seeums" were horrible!

But I read on here that they give bug spray to guests, went to the front desk and they gave me a $11 bottle of spray from the gift shop.

Overall great time... its only a hour from my house but it felt farther.

If you eat at the Baha Grill try to Pacific Rim Shrimp. Really good!

Would go back in a heart beat :)

Stayed: October 2006
2  Thank jillmaican
There are newer reviews for Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina

Reviewed August 12, 2006

My boyfriedn and I went to Stuart for the weekend. We live in Melbourne, Fl and ust wanted a quick get-away. We found it in Stuart. We really loved Carmella's. It's a quaint Italina resturant only about 3 miles away. The Tike bar at the beach had great sevice, and the chairs and umbrella at the beach were free. We brought a cooler with a few beers and our ipod, and had a great time. The trolley will take you to the beach. Yes... it isn't the greatest beach, but we weren't looking for that. We live on the beach..we just wanted an easy get away. Ther is also free wireless Internet at the pool area by the main hotel. The staff was great and our weekend went too fast. We will go badk. It such an easy trip for us.. about 1.25 hours.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank mullett
Reviewed July 28, 2006

Hotel is just great.
Beach is too far to walk but we are no beach enthusiasts...

Pool is lovely, service is great, rooms are fine.

Loved it!

• Stayed: July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Adrie v
Reviewed July 25, 2006

I was on holiday from Belfast ,Ireland for Christmas week with my two teenage children whilst visiting my son in Stuart.
After the storm I expected to see more damage in the area but this did not affect our stay which was very enjoyable.The standard of service in the restaurant and pool bar was excellent and the staff friendly and efficient. Everything on site was convenient and not being a car driver myself I had prompt service from Jerry ,a local taxi driver if I wished to go into town.
I hope to return next year in the summer months and it will be interesting to see the resort at full capacity compared with the winter months and to enjoy the sun on the beach away from our usual rainy Irish weather.
Christine Mc Cavana <Belfast ,Ireland

Stayed: December 2004
5  Thank eircom
Reviewed June 26, 2006

We are currently at the Marriott, having extended our stay for an additional three days because we enjoyed this hotel so much. The grounds are beautiful, the room is exceptionally spacious and elegant, the facilities are above average -- but, most of all, this hotel pays particular attention to the customer service provided by each and every employee. Nothing is too much trouble for the employees of this hotel. If you ask where something is located, they will walk you to your destination. If you ask for an extra something (a pickel, in our example!), they will bring you two. If you're lounging by the pool, you can expect the pool attendant to bring you a cold fragrant towel or a glass of ice water, without your asking and without scrounging a tip. Someone is thinking of the customer, here, and how the customer's experience can be improved. My husband and I have travelled a lot (we are in our 50s) and the Marriott is a gracious haven near the ocean that we recommend highly to you. PS: The hotel is in no way responsible for the no-see-ums (sand fleas) that have bitten me in the hundreds! Bring insect repellant, or use the free spray provided at the pool.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank teach_a_matic
A TripAdvisor Member
Trumbull, CT
Reviewed June 21, 2006

My husband and I just returned from a (long) weekend get-away at the Marriott Beach Resort and Marina in Hutchinson Island, FL. We were there from Saturday (6/17) to Wednesday (6/21). We went to this Mariott because we were celebrating an anniversary. I mentioned this to the person when I booked the room with and found choc. covered strawberries and champagne in the room refridge! We had an absolutely delightful time. We booked a delux suite through the Marriott web site that included a king bed. Our room overlooked the pool; it was clean and spacious. The staff was friendly and very accomodating, they just could not do enough for us. We must have booked our trip at just the right weekend - it didn't seem like there were many other guests there. We didn't see any screaming kids running around or hear any obnoxious guests. And even though there were a few other families at the pool with us, everyone behaved and seemed to be having a great time like us. It really is a treat when you are able to go to a fine hotel and enjoy the pool area without experiencing kids playing splashing games or throwing balls/frisbes at your head. There was none of that at this Marriott.

The best part of our trip was discovering that Stuart, FL is quiet off-the-beaten-path destination. It's not like Disney.There are not a lot of tourist-y places to go to. Even though It's a quiet/small community, there is plenty to do for someone who likes to plan their own itinerary. There's lots to do in/around the water; from enjoying the beach to fishing. The Marriot even offers educational boat tours of the area. The golf course on the property was challanging yet managable. Downtown Stuart has small shops to browse through that are really quaint and charming. The Elliot museum will keep you busy for an afternoon. There is even a nearby flea market that's open on Sat. and Sunday. The area restaurants were great. Try the Flagler Grill, CasaBella, Gators Grill and Harbor Bay Gourmet for lunch.

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 13, 2006

I recently returned from the Hutchinson Island Marriott resort, which I booked through the Marriott web site. I had booked the deluxe suite at the Sandpiper villa on the beach. I even changed my dates of travel in order to get the larger suite for the group I was traveling with. I knew I had been given a different room the minute I opened the door. The suite was very small and the separate bedroom was a dungeon. The bed filled almost the entire room. There was one small window which had the outside ice machine directly up against the window. The air conditioning was so loud, it woke me every time is came on.

I immediately returned to the front desk, and was told that my reservation did not indicate the "deluxe" suite (although my room rate was that of the deluxe room from the internet site). The receptionist also said this is a common problem when booking with "central". I requested to upgrade to my original reservation, and was told that there were no deluxe rooms available until the next day and that I would be transferred to that room as soon as it was ready.

The following day, I checked around noon on the status, and was told by the front desk that the inidividual had not checked out yet and that they would contact me as soon as the room was ready. I never heard from anyone. I called again around 4:00 and was told the room is not available, the guest in it is not leaving today. I was so dissappointed to be at a Marriott in a dark and noisy room I had not reserved, and to be treated with total disregard.

I would never had stayed at this resort had I known I would be in such a room. Perhaps a standard room in the main building would have been better. The room charge was reduced on the bill when I received it. A small consolation. I will not return.

Stayed: June 2005
6  Thank joanbrousil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuart
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Courtyard Stuart
Courtyard Stuart
#4 of 11 in Stuart
Best Western Downtown Stuart

Been to Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!