“Disappointing for a Marriott resort”

Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Disappointing for a Marriott resort”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We have stayed at a number of Marriott hotels over the years. This was by far the most disappointing and desperately in need of "freshening up." We also had a room in the Sandpiper. The best part was the deck off the living room with a clear view of the beach. Staff by the pool were very friendly. The room layout is poor. Tough to maneuver around the bed; windows faced the inner courtyard which meant we couldn't open them at all. The worst part was the quality of the cleaning. I don't think the bathroom floor was ever washed in the 4 days we were here. The mirror wasn't cleaned daily and the bed was barely made. Even my kids, in their younger years, did a better job! Will not recommend...
Senior Marriott management needs to read these reviews and make some significant upgrades SOON!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bonnie L
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Bonnie L,

We greatly appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback as clearly we did not live up to your expectations for Marriott's high standards of hospitality. It is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way and clearly our accommodations and amenities did not meet your expectations and for that we are truly sorry. Your review is indeed being passed along to senior management immediately so that we can review making enhancements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I had a second floor handicap room and while I am not handicapped I found it very spacious. It was quiet where I was except I faced the pool and people hung outside there rooms by the pool late into the night which made it a little noisy. The internal hall was very quiet. I loved that the room had a fridge. The cleaning staff was awesome and were very helpful. The room was a bit run down but not horrible. They do not have the capacity to fee large groups at a conference. I wasnted something quick to eat after a long day at my conference there and it was raining so all the conference goers ended up at the hotel restaurant. When I inquired at the bar about take out they said at least an hour, for a fish sandwich. So I asked the front desk about room service, they said also at least an hour. I asked if there was any place near by that would deliver and they said no. I was very frustrated and disappointed. They did offer to take me to the Harris Teeter nearby so I could get something (which is what I did). Definitely room for improvement. There are very few local restaurants nearby (all require driving) and so they fill up very quickly if conference attendees all go out to eat as well.The WiFi was slow in my room. Also the beach is quite a hike away but the other grounds are very nice and there is a coin laundry facility which was helpful. Overall while a bit dated I found the room great and spacious for business travel. I think the rest of the hotel is a bit dated as well and not the finest place but adequate for most conference needs. I would not stay here if given another option.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We apologize if our hotel did not meet all of your expectations while you were here for your conference. Our staff does try to accommodate guests' special requests whenever possible and we hope that we were able to make your experience all that much better.
Parkland, Florida, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Let me start by saying the staff here was by far the only bright spot at this hotel. This was by fun the most rundown Marriot I have ever stayed at. The Sand Piper building is in sore need of some maintenance and paint. In our room the outlet in the bathroom did not work, the phone in the living room did not work the couch in the living room was older than me. The fitness center had no clean towels and only one pair of headphones, both times we were their for over an hour not one employee stopped in to check on any of these supplies. all of this might have been acceptable in a $100 a night hotel but at over $300 a night these things were just not acceptable. Take my advise and avoid this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kevin K
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear Kevin K,

We are so sorry that you did not have a positive experience at our hotel. It is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way and we apologize if the amenities in your room were not up to Marriott's high standards. We will be reviewing your comments at our next meeting to address many of the issues that you encountered during your visit. We appreciate your feedback as it is the only opportunity for us to understand what may disappoint guests and how we can improve in the future.
texas
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Wow! The staff here is well trained and so helpful! From the minute you enter until departure. I ordered room service and they called to make sure it was fine. (It was the best turkey club I have ever had. I could only eat 1/4 it was huge.) The room service manager called to make sure our room was done well. The internet is fantastic. My only note would be the hotel is a bit dated and could use a major renovation. Popcorn walls and ceiling are so '80's. Bathrooms have been updated with granite. The location is fantastic especially to US Sailing Center.

Stayed March 2014
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear upsetmomTexas,

Our staff thanks you for recognizing them. We are glad that you had such a enjoyable time and hope to welcome you back.
Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our 2nd wedding anniversary. The rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They were always smiling and saying good morning. Pool was great, not too busy. We enjoyed the live music and nachos from the pool bar.
Great Marriott, will definitely stay again. I have to recommend the Dolphin and shrimp house restaurant, excellent and is only 5 minutes away.
We had the breakfast buffet on site at the hotel, a bit pricey but food was good. Our server was awesome, and very friendly even brought us mimosas for our anniversary. Very sweet of her, she was a blonde with an
accent, sorry I can't remember her name.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear JRN1313,

Happy anniversary! We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful time.
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed March 2, 2014

In February we rented a 1bedroom villa at the Marriott resort on Hutchinson Island. Our spot was in the Sandpiper Villas which are oceanfront (not all of the resort is). it's a fabulous location for R&R, golf & tennis & walking as well as the rest of the coast. The property is not the newest of Marriott properties & could stand some more comfortable sofas & chairs -dining & bar stools excluded from this. The small kitchenette is not well appointed but we didn't do much cooking.

Green Features: A bin is available pool side for depositing recyclables
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Jane B,

Thanks for your review of our hotel and we are glad that you had a good time and found our location fabulous for your needs. We hope to welcome you back again one day.
Fresno, California
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend to get away from work. It was very relaxing and just what we needed.
It is a typical timeshare resort but has good beds and large rooms. Very nice on-property shuttle service.
We had been here 20 years ago and there has been little change since then.
Service was poor. As Marriott Gold members we found the front desk to be impersonal and the room service order was incorrect.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KB9MNN
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear kb9mnn,

We are very happy that you had a wonderful weekend getaway here at our resort. We apologize if your interactions with our staff were not optimal and we will be reviewing this experience at our next management meeting. Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback as this is the best way for us to learn where we can make improvements.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuart
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Best Western Downtown Stuart
Courtyard Stuart
Courtyard Stuart
#4 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!