“Service Second to None” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Miramar, Florida
“Service Second to None”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a wonderful place to get away for a weekend or a long vacation. It's a Marriott property, so you know the food will be good. The room service meals arrived on time and were as good as if you got them in the restaurant. Our visit was short, but wonderful. We ended up in the building on the beach, so that made it even better. We acutally got 3 phone calls from the front desk over our stay to just be sure we had everything we needed and that we were having a good time.

The property is beautiful and well maintained. The staff -- every single one that we encounterd -- went the extra mile to be sure that we were happy. Couldn't have been a better experience. The only negative was that we had to leave.

Room Tip: Try to upgrade to the Sandpiper Building on the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fran S
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Fran S,

Thanks so much for your review of our hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed every moment of your stay and we are always sad to see guests leave. We hope that you will come back again soon and enjoy all of the facilities we have to offer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Sylvania, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Okay Have only checked in so far and barely had time to really take a good look at the room but here is what I can tell you so far and I will follow up with pictures shortly.

Check-in: Book over a month in advance standard king room and was upgraded to an ocean view king and promised that if an ocean front room was available when I checked in I would be upgraded to it. So I arrive and ask if there is an upgrade and the New front desk associate tells me she needs to ask her front desk supervisor Jennifer. So Jennifer proceeds to tell me they have an ocean front room but I would have to pay an 80 dollars upgrade charge if I wanted the room, I insisted that the other manager I had spoken to previously said I would be upgrade complementary if the room where available and she just then proceeded to start answering phones that were ringing. I was never offered an platinum amenity even. I had to ask several times just to receive the General managers business card. So now we go back to the car and drive to the other building. This building is right on the ocean and a great location and looks great at first glance.

The Sand Piper Building:
This is a dated ocean front building pool is clean and looks nice this is about the only nice thing I can say about the building other then it is ocean front. Everything is worn, dated, rusty, sticky and stinky. we get into the elevator and proceed to our room open the door and room smells musty, carpet looks dingy and it is not very well lit, this tells me they are trying to hide the way the room looks and with good reason.This room has dirty carpet, a couch that is like a residents inn sleeper love seat with broken spring that is uncomfortable to sit on and noisy, sliding glass doors are dirty, table and chairs are all nicked scratched and dented,air returns are filthy, several cabinets in the kitchenette are screwed shut, Patio chairs and table are dirty and worn, Bed sheets are all wrinkled and look like they might have not been changed from the last guest, high cleaning and dusting is something that is is clearly never preformed here. I can go on and on but think you get the picture. If not I will be posting many pictures so that you can see for yourself. we are traveling with my 6 month old grand daughter and can not even put her on the floor to play here. Manager called my room now I know why the employees do not care about there guest. Sham on you Mr. Brad Cochran this place need de-branded Mr. Marriott would be embarrassed

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank ScottandCammie
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at many a Marriott between his work and my travels. I do not know what these other reviewers are talking about. It is a wonderful place to stay. They had flavored waters when you walk in the door and the whole staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was really nice and clean and modern and had a balcony to boot. We hung out at the pool near our room but there were 2 other pools plus a shuttle to take you to the beach. In terms of location, it was secluded yet near so many stores and restaurants right over the bridges. Also, very close to the Oceanography center which we visited and enjoyed. I think this is an especially nice resort to have a family vacation. You can go boating or fishing or you can just relax and swim or soak up some sun.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear yoadrian1,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. We appreciate that you shared the many benefits of our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again one day in the future.
Central City, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Pro's: It's a Marriot, and the wedding reception was good.

Con's: Serious Updates Needed. Bar Closed Early For Wedding???

We stayed at this Marriot because we were attending a wedding in the area, and this is where close to 100 of us were going to stay. My brother-in-law made the reservation as he travels a lot for the Coast Guard and was able to make a discounted reservation for a room for us.

I felt the room (King Bed, and a little hard for my taste) was adequate for a quick stay but it seemed older and used. The pool area was nice, although the attached bar and grill closed early and we were at a wedding, so why was it closing ahead of time by 20-30 minutes? During the wedding reception, the bar was removed early (it was in a separate area where we had a cocktail party, but right next to the reception) and then brought back again when we complained.

The elevator out at the pool was the slowest I had ever seen. Someone needs to look into this.

The wedding reception was at the hotel as well as the "morning after" breakfast. These were two things that were done extremely well by the hotel. We had a hell of a good time as we danced and drank the night away (a requirement at any good NY transplanted to Florida Italian Wedding). The morning after the food was excellent as was the service. Only complaint is the above bar issue.

The doorman who helped me with my bags while leaving mistook my wife for my daughter when we were leaving, which I thought was humorous, but which he felt embarrassed about. When he apologized to me, he hugged me and said he was sorry. I thought it was a nice gesture. Luckily, I'm a huggy kind of guy.

Restaurant was overpriced. I heard their pizza was awful. I preferred Denny's a few miles away and across from a Starbucks.

Price paid $119 a night with discount. There are probably better options in the area.

Room Tip: Facing the pool is nice. Facing the street is not.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear JosephAndMicki,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. With regard to your issues about the bar during the wedding, that would be something that was dictated by the bride and groom planning the wedding. Bars set up during wedding events and other social affairs are done so at the request of the family paying for the wedding so the starting and ending times of the bar service are something that is set up and agreed upon in advance with the bride and groom according to the timing that they wish to pay for. We appreciate your comments regarding other perceived issues with our hotel and we will report them to the various departments to check into (e.g., the slow elevator). We hope that you enjoyed the wedding and your stay with us).
Winter Garden, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

If this were a lower end Marriott I might feel different but when I go to a Marriott I expect a little more. I can not say enough how accurate many of the reviews are when they talk about the lack of chairs at the pool. If you are not "reserving" chairs by 9am, you likely are not going to have one for the entire day. The rooms themselves are fine. The food is overpriced (but what hotel is not). The beach was nice and there was plenty of parking at the Sandpiper building. Overall these comments would not merit the poor rating (probably an average) however what really upset us was the management (I have purposely waited to write this to allow for a response from managment, however the response never came). While there several people were smoking (often right by the kids activities area) despite the signs that say the resort is 100% smoke free. When we confronted the managment the responses ranged from "guests are guests" to "that is the smoking section" to "we'll get right on it". Nobody ever did anything to curtail the smoking.

If you are going to stay at the hotel know the following: (1) if you want a quiet room ask to not be over the pool; (2) if you are allergic to or sensitive to smoke, be prepared; (3) if you are looking for food options, go to Publix or be prepared for a rip off.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ajsiegel00
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear ajsiegel00,

We are sorry that you had a bad experience at our hotel. While we can request that guests refrain from smoking, we are not able to physically stop them from doing so. While we hope that they have compassion and respect for other non-smoking guests and the rules of an establishment that they have chosen to stay at, unfortunately that is not always the case and it does become as frustrating to us as it does to our guests. There are times when repeatedly we ask guests not to smoke in a specific area and yet they continue to do so. Perhaps your anger and frustration would be better directed at these guests -- who choose not to abide by the rules -- than at our hotel as we can only advise them of our policies and hope they do the right thing.
Ridgefield, CT USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was a bit concerned after reading all of the mixed reviews posted on this site. It felt like two different hotels. After staying there I now know that it sort of is two hotels. The main hotel and the beach hotel. We stayed in the beach hotel(Sandpiper). We very much enjoyed our stay there, the beach is beautiful and the room was directly facing the ocean. There are some cosmetic issues with the beach property. I think that it is probably not owned by the Marriott Corp but rather by a franchisee. There was nothing seriously wrong but it is unusual to see anything less than perfection at a Marriott. I found the environment to be completely relaxing and all of the employees are very friendly and warm which is more important to me than a little rust on the tin roof. The bedroom in the Sandpiper 2 room suite is a bit dark as the windows are frosted to provide privacy from the open air hallway which is just outside the bedroom. The main room has a fabulous view with a terrace overlooking the sea. One other issue to be aware of is that there is no breakfast served in the Sandpiper building so you have to either walk the 1/4 mile to the restaurant in the main building or take the shuttle. We walked back and forth which was actually kind of nice. The breakfast was, by the way, excellent, both the buffet on the weekend and the a la carte. We had a AAA package which included breakfast so it was a nice deal. I am sure we will go back to this property it is a perfect beach getaway and I hope they leave everything as it is, friendly and relaxing.

Room Tip: The Sandpiper building is on the ocean. The bedroom in 1 bedroom suites is dark but it worked as w...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hutch_Marriott75, General Manager at Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear JB88fml,

Thank you for your review of our property and for clarifying the setup so that others reading the review will understand. We strive for a quiet, relaxing, getaway away from the hustle and bustle and we are glad that is what you experienced and enjoyed. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Marietta GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I picked this resort for its location next to the Elliott Museum which is next door. It was pretty much as advertised. Not on the beach, but our room had a view of the pool. We didn't use the pool because it was fairly small for the size of the hotel and crowded when we were there. Our room was clean and well appointed and the breakfast was not as bad as some reviewers had said. There were enough choices for everyone. It is a large complex and not even close to the beach but this is clearly stated. They do have a shuttle which takes you to other sections. It was a good base for sightseeing as we had never been to Hutchinson Island. Staff was extremely helpful and pleasant. Will say restaurant in general could be upgraded. We only had breakfast there and the menu did not tempt us for dinner.

Room Tip: If you can't do stairs, try to get a room close to the elevator. Had ADA compliant room which wa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Speedhist,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We hope you enjoyed your visit to the Elliott Museum as their DaVinci Exhibit is really great! We are happy that you enjoyed breakfast and we apologize that the pool was crowded but you visited during peak summer vacation season when everyone is here with their kids. We hope you will come back again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuart
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
BEST WESTERN Downtown Stuart
Courtyard Stuart
Courtyard Stuart
#4 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!