“Be carefull which rooms you get”

Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed in the Sandpiper Tower which is supposed to have trerraces for each room. Yes we had a terrace but you could barely fit one chair on it. While the property is oceanfront, our room had a lovely view of the driveway.
If you stay in this facility, do not accept rooms ending 17 or 18 (3117,3217,3317,3417,etc.)..they're bad.
While the room did have a kitchenette, the bath was about the smallest I've ever seen.

Other annoyances...the hotel provides towels for the beach BUT, if you want a beach chair and umbrella you need to RENT them...not included in this beach resort.
The beach is very nice, the pool is OK, the pool restaurant is nice, service was good. The inside of the hotel (lobby area) tends to be very noisely...lots of kids when we were there

Room Tip: DO NOT accept rooms ending in 17 or 18 in the Pelican Beach property...no terrace, no view, and tiny...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a very atypical Marriott resort. It's a very atypical resort of any kind. But if you get a good rate and are willing to put up with weirdness and some rough treatment, the facility is actually pretty good. Check-in is very hard to find and they make you feel like an idiot for missing it. There was massive construction going on in the beachfront building (Sandpiper, I think it was) and they not only didn't warn us about it, they made it seem like we were overly sensitive to loud drilling and sawing going on just beneath our window from 8am to 5pm. (Also, the beds were full, not queens!!) Fortunately, one of the staff agreed with us that it was outrageous, so we demanded and got two new rooms in the main hotel. We also got some extra Rewards points and $50 one-night per room credit.
The main hotel was more to our liking. Our rooms overlooked the pool, which was very nice. There was lots of deck area and the poolside cafe/bar was wonderful. The Lithuanian staff was very accommodating and fun to talk with.
The golf facilities are pretty limited, but convenient.
There's not much competition in the area and it seems like you can get very attractive rates here. Frankly, those are the most compelling reasons to stay. If you stay here, definitely save some money by going to Bagel Break for breakfast!!

Room Tip: If you're with a group, the main hotel has far better facilities. If you want to be by yourselv...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rugbyroadster
Reviewed December 29, 2012

In early May, my wife and I took an impromptu road trip from MD to Key West, FL, stopping by several locations on the way, this being the last one before driving to Key West. We stayed at the main building (in the lobby area) and by far, this "resort" hotel was the best along our drive. In fact, the Marriott chain we stayed at Key West was so awful that we left the day, back to Hutchinson Island where we finished the Key West portion of our trip. Some have asked why the hotel doesn't get better reviews. I believe it's due to poor advertising from Marriott - people should understand that the main building where the lobby is located is not by the beach, and frankly, that section of the resort is a bit outdated by Marriott standards. The Sandpiper Tower rooms are by the beach and I believe are more updated. Unfortunately, the hotel website does not even make an attempt to show the differences - maybe that's what they want but it doesn't tell the whole story. I'm heading down in January, but this time I will be staying in a studio in the Sandpiper Towers. I think that I will be pleasantly surprised. If anyone has experienced both sections, please comment.

My one complaint is that the Tennis Courts seemed to close too early. I really wanted to get some tennis in but couldn't. I will try harder in January.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here from 27th thru 29th November 2012 (post cruise) and found staff at reception very attentive and helpful. The rooms were very dated,though clean, and the main fault was with the upkeep of the sliding doors, both on the internal wardrobe and access to the balcony needed attention. All that was required was a little tlc. Negativity out of the way the place itself is situated on a beautiful island just as you come over the bridge and there it is. I do not play sports but if one was a golfer then say no more.All times of the day golfers were on their buggies heading to an fro from the accommodation buildings near the highway. I did'nt get over to the Beach Hotel part where I'm sure there were more swimmers etc there. If you want to play golf thru the day have a few quiet drinks at night and get away from it all the you can most certainly do thet here. If managment were to spend a few dollars restoring the exterior and updating this would be an ideal retreat with all thats needed within a few minutes drive.
All in all not exactly up to "Marriott Standard" but I enjoyed my time here anyway.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I recently checked in to this hotel hoping for a five days of relaxation and sun following a very busy work schedule. Check in was a bit disorienting as the front desk area was being renovated and it took a bit of work to find the right area. No signage directing us to the check in area.
Check in was smooth once we found the correct area and we were given keys to our oceanfront suite in the Sandpiper Tower. We drove down to that area and found our suite on the third floor. I was a bit disappointed as we were not given an upgraded room. I had hoped to be upgraded to a suite with a wrap around deck since I am a Lifetime Platinum member. I called the front desk to ask about the wrap around deck rooms and they basically told me that the room that I reserved was the room that I was assigned to. No other perks for me I guess! It didn't matter that I am Lifetime Platinum.
The suite was smaller than we had hoped and the "king bedded" area actually had windows that opened out to the inner courtyard which is brightly lit all nite. This bedroom is so small that there is no room for two bedside tables in it. So, my side of the bed had no light to read by and no bedside table. The room was not very dark at night since the inner courtyard area remains well lit all night.
The view of the beach is beautiful but the beach itself is not clean - lots of seaweed. Our oceanfront balcony is quite small and filthy. The two chairs on the balcony are covered with black dirt and we have to use towels to sit on them. There is construction noise all day every day starting at 8:15 AM. Seems that renovations are being done but there was no warning of this on the website when I made my reservation. The poolside tiki hut is being renovated so that is closed as well. I wonder why I was not upgraded since there are almost no other guests in the building. The construction noise is relentless and it's impossible to enjoy the pool. After 24 hours, we decide to leave the hotel in search of quieter accomadations. There is no reason on earth not to warn folks about construction noise.

Breakfast in the restaurant was quite good and service there was good as well.

I will not return to this hotel since they seem to think so little of their most loyal customers. I stay in Marriotts every single week and average 80 - 100 nites every year.

Room Tip: Don't expect the ocean front suites to be large - they are not!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank EmilyC123
Reviewed December 16, 2012

the Marriott on Hutchinson Island a great Resort right over the bridge on Hutchinson Island . It is about 50 miles north of west palm beach airport.it has an 18 hole executive golf course brand new rooms beautiful pool at the hotel and also at the ocean .it has two tiki bars and terrific food well worth the price well worth the drive in South Florida .a great getaways for couples weekend great can weekend

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I only used the restaurant and marina only, The restaurant was the typical Marriott fair although the service was excellent so that made up for the limited menu. They did not open for breakfast until 7am so that is late for boaters, but probably good for vacationers.
The Marina provided bathroom facilities are clean and well stocked with items you need. The only problem I had was a large tour boat that was left in front of the pumps for days blocking access to fuel. I was not sure why they did not move it to the south dock which was empty the entire time.
All in all a good experience with great access to the Port Saint Lucie inlet and good restaurants in Jensen Beach only a short trip over the bridge. I will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuart
4 mi away
Best Western Downtown Stuart
Courtyard Stuart
Courtyard Stuart
#4 of 11 in Stuart

Been to Hutchinson Island Marriott Beach Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!