“Pet Friendly Restaurant”

Ranked #60 of 279 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: About us: Mulligan's Beach House Bar & Grill (Mulligan's) was founded in 1997, by George Hart. The Mulligan's brand includes six Florida locations - all with water views - in Sebastian, Vero Beach, Jensen Beach, Stuart, Lake Worth and Lauderdale-By-the-Sea. Mulligan's is a full-service, family-oriented, seafood restaurant serving flavorful menu items that will surprise and delight any taste bud. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 365 days a year. Thursday nights are family nights at Mulligan's where kids 12 and under eat for free with an adult meal and child beverage. Mulligan's is the perfect spot to relax while savoring a tasty appetizer, the world famous Monster Fish Fry, a frozen drink or our famous Beach House Bloody Mary as you watch the game or the waves crashing against the beach. Quality food served in a lively atmosphere is what Mulligans Beach House Bar & Grill is known to deliver. As true native Floridians, we understand what you are looking for in a seafood restaurant - outstanding food, top-notch service, breath taking views, and a clean place to enjoy it. Our mission is to provide this to every guest, you will be glad you chose Mulligan's. Looking forward to welcome you and your family! About the owners: George Hart - President, owner and founder of Mulligan's Beach House, is a 30+ year veteran in the restaurant industry. He founded Mulligan's when he was just a lad and grew the Mulligan's brand to six stores before taking on acquisition partners in 2016. His dream has always been to grow the Mulligan's brand Florida wide and to provide family-friendly dining to the waterfront communities within. George Hart has a "BIG" heart and outside of the restaurant business his two greatest joys are his children: Austin & Gracie. On his time off he spends time with them, enjoying all that Florida has to offer. JPB Capital Partners - is a leading equity investor in lower-middle market companies located primarily in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast U.S. and benefiting from the consumer economy. Since their founding in 1995, they have deployed over $200 million across 36 platform companies in food, beverage, restaurant, personal care, retail and consumer health sectors. Representative past and present partner companies include Calgon health and beauty, The Greene Turtle Sports Bar & Grille, St. Josephs' Aspirin, Ticknors, and Zips Drycleaners. JPB is currently investing out of its third committed fund. Have a big event or business meeting to plan and want the perfect place to plan it? Mulligan's Beach House event planners will help you with all the details to make your special event very special. We can plan and accommodate an indoor event in our private beach side banquet room, create a special outdoor event in our backyard beachside, or our waterfront patio location. We have the ability to accommodate up to 40 guests and will work with you from start to finish customizing your special event to your own specifications. Event planning specifics per location: Jensen and Vero offer private rooms available for events. Jensen can accommodate 40 guests while Vero can accommodate 45 guests. Lauderdale by the Sea, Stuart and Sebastian locations do not have private rooms, however, both can accommodate 30 guests in the main dining area. Lake Worth offers two different outdoor private areas. There is a North side patio that can accommodate 40 guests and a West side patio that can accommodate 50 guests.
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
“Pet Friendly Restaurant”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We enjoy seating outside in this restaurant, the seating is in the older downtown Stuart street that has many small boutique shops. Our favorite foods in this place is calamary that I believe is the best in South Florida with the right marinara sauce, the serving is large for sharing and it looks good. The other item that we tried today was the corn chouder, it has the right consistancy for a chowder with very good flavor and we did enjoy it. We split a cheeseburger, you have a choice of cheese, with the usual topping of tomato, onion and lettuce, cooked just right and very good, it came with a side order of fries that have a seasoning almost like a coating also very good. The atmosphere is like being in Key West, our service was very good, they delivered a large bowl of water for our dog that was very clean.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Jensen Beach
“Poor Food and Questionable Management”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My daughter and I have eaten at this restuarant a lot of times over a seven month period, but I never felt the food was very good. My daughter really liked their Spinach dip and for the most part the staff was okay and friendly. So we came back for my daughter. I was told the muffins were fantastic, but if you have ever eaten sawdust soaked in butter, it would describe these muffins. The staff thought they were great. A majority of the food prepared in this restuarant is fried and if you would describe this fried food, think about eating a piece of fried leather. This restuarnat has a happy hour, it is limited to the bar and the drinks are very expensive, but the bartenders are good and very friendly. The training of the staff is questionable. I had four meals there that I wasn't able to eat The fried leather which is part of sandwich; a pizza which wasn't fully cooked; a mango salsa coverd talipia which you could buy in a grocery store and have a better meal, and fried clams which where so over cooked, it was like trying to eat a piece of bark. In every case, I complained to the server, but they only laughed and handed me the bill. Now they can't remember when comfronted by Corporate Management. It is my personal opinion, The worst server at this restuarant has been there over 5 years, thinks he can do no wrong and who I call Rod. It appears he is a Manager wanta-be, and would tell management anything he is sure they want to hear. I do like a majority of the staff from a personal view point, main problem after the poor quality of food, is management. Currently there is a new manager assigned to this restuarant, and he is really seems to be having trouble. On January 11 2013, , My daughter and I decided to finish the week off with Mulligan's. When I got there, I sat my daughter down, and ran to the bathroom. My daughter is handicapped and functions at about 3 years of age, and she is very loveable. When I got out of the bathroom, the manager came and over and hollered at me" you need to get her out of there" it seems my daughter was hugging one of the customers. I apologized to the couple, but they said they didn't have a problem. After they finished eating, they came over to say goodbye to my daughter. After that the manager came over and told us we could not come back. When I was talking to him, up close, I thought I smelled something ... maybe it was only medicine . When I asked him about it, he didn't deny my question, but he did start hollering at me how he was trying to run a business. He really sounded very stressed. I never had trouble with any of the previous managers. Corporate management told me the staff and restaurant management should have told me they didn't want my daughter to get up from our table. Hard to believe, since the staff always came over to play with my daughter. Rod was over all the time and he did get my daughter to dance with him; she loved the attention. One of the servers even played choo-choo train with her. Of course Rod stepped in and told Corporate Management he had discussed the issue of My daughter getting up from or table twice.. Rod is a server and I guess the manager was afraid to talk to me. Hardly a good way to treat a loyal customer. I felt it necessary to let people know about this Stuart restuarant.

• Visited January 2013
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Love the atmosphere”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Mulligans is a fun place for lunch or dinner. Love the location in downtown Stuart. Great place to stop and have lunch after walking on the jetty or shopping downtown.

Visited August 2012
RaceHorseLady
“Service horrible”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Would love to tell you how the food was at this restaurant but none of the waiters approached our table. We sat for 45 minutes with at least six wait staff walking by and not making eye contact. The restaurant was about half full at the time. We stood up and walked out without one of their employees ever having said hello or we will be with you as soon as possible. Poor customer service to say the least.

• Visited December 2012
Miami
“Fast service to the ordinary”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

We were really impressed with the fast and curtious service, but when we got our main dish we really were disappointed. . The so called "fresh" fish was tasteless and overcooked, so t was hard
and lacking any condiment. As if the fish had been on the grill waiting for someone to order it.
Also it was priced similarly to more elegant places. I would definitely not go back there!

• Visited December 2012