“Awesome food! Great mom and pop find!”
Review of King Neptune

King Neptune
Ranked #4 of 286 Restaurants in Stuart
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place is fantastic! I have always thought that the small mom and pop places are the best finds and this place did not disappoint! My husband and I went with our four month old. The place is very small with only about ten tables so we had to wait about 15 minutes but it was well worth it. I wasn't sure if there would be enough space at our table to put the baby's carseat but we were seated at a cozy table in the corner and we just put the car seat right on top of the table....a perfect fit!
We started with the sautéed conch and it was delicious. We also thoroughly enjoyed the chips and house made black bean salsa that were brought to us as soon as we sat down. The salsa was great! I also ordered two oyster shooters. The oysters were large, fresh and delicious. Well worth the price. We were obviously very hungry and this was one of those situations where our brains overestimated the sizes of our bellies because after all those appetizers we also each ordered entrees. We both had the hog fish. Mine had a macadamia nut crust which gave it a sweet and salty taste. It was perfectly cooked and the garlic mash and green beans that came with it were also great! My husband had the hog fish that came topped with crab meat. It also was good but a little drier. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and will definitely revisit this place if we are in the area. We highly recommend it if you are in the Hutchinson island/Stuart area.

1  Thank Andrea G

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have no problems with the food. My seafood was excellent and my wife's steak good. The atmosphere is lacking. One of our pet peeves are people on cell phones. One customer was on his computer and cell doing business. A no no in a restaurant. The owner was present.
He should have stopped this.

1  Thank Wrigley48
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I don't know who the people are that previously reviewed this restaurant but, our experience was NOT plesant. One of our party of 4 read the reviews and wanted to try this place for awhile. We called ahead of time because we where eating a late dinner. They informed us that they closed at 9:00 but if we arrived before 8:15 that would be good. We arrived at 8:13. When we entered there was 1 available table so we sat there. After several minutes, a waitress gave us menus and took our drink order. They were out of or didn't have the first 3 beer selections on their menu that we ordered. When she finally returned with our drinks, we all order the special that Wednesday night which was all you can eat steamed shrimp. We were informed they were all out of shrimp, even the appetizer shrimp. This is a seafood house! The waitress was not happy or even pleasant to us. We were treated like we were imposing on her. After a short discussion about just leaving, we decided to stay. 2 people ordered the seafood bisque, which was lukewarm at best and only average. I ordered the hush puppies which were burnt, or from my restaurant experience, the frying oil was very old and in need of changing. We all order the steam clams which were decent. The following day, the 2 people that ordered the seafood bisque had ill side effects. We all agreeded that we would never go back.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Sometimes great things come in small packages. It's hard to believe that the staff of this restaurant can prepare and serve wonderful meals in such a cramped space. We had to wait outside for 10-15 minutes to get a table but you can do that in Florida in February. Our scallops and mahi-mahi were as good as it gets. Wait staff is very courteous and helpful.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Some chefs can cook seafood but only a handful of chefs can cook it to perfection time after time. The Chef(s) at King Neptune get it right, not only, with their specials but with special orders as well!
This restaurant is VERY SMALL..10 tables of different sizes and heights! We went on a Tuesday night around 6:30PM. We had a party in front of us. We sat outside and the owner came out and asked if he could get us a beer or a glass of wine! We waited 20 minutes for a table which based on the size of the restaurant was not bad. We did notice many people coming in to pickup take out orders while we were waiting!
Waitstaff was great. Food was as described on menu..Would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Also, please don't be afraid to order the lobster roll. The Lobster is as fresh here as it is in Maine.
Give this place a try for lunch or dinner you will not be disappointed.

Been to King Neptune? Share your experiences!