Tripadvisor
Stuart

“Dinner at Cafe Martier”

Cafe Martier @POST OFFICE ARCADE
Ranked #97 of 313 Restaurants in Stuart
Description: Historic & Eclectic Eatery serving breakfast, brunch, lunch & dinner under twinkling lights amidst fountains & lovingly restored romantic vignettes. Set in the Mediterranean Revival style, the Post Office Arcade dazzles with vintage chic ambiance, signature brunch, dinner nightly, professional & knowledgeable service. Casual fine dining available in Fountain Gallery, Hearth Room, French Terrace, Library & Wine Garden. Breezeway Piano Bar open daily at 11am. Authentic Speakeasy (circa 1925) open 5pm to late-night, featuring Prohibition-era craft cocktails & fun, 5-8pm Happy Hours. Daily bottomless mimosas, fresh-fruit rose’ sangria & bloody marys. Live music to accompany Chef’s Delectable Designer Dinners. Learn about the Ashley Gang, the Real McCoy, Lettie the Helpful Ghost, our Solid Steel Wine Vault (for protecting the city’s gold), Pineapples & Submarines & Roaring 20’s in Stuart. Independently owned by women & family operated with passion. Executive Chef Sandra Rowe.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our visit was on aTuesday night, mid season and unseasonably cold. That might explain the empty tables. Which is a shame , because this place serves some fresh, good and reasonably priced food. The ambience was quite relaxing too.
My main dish. A Mediterranean style snapper was excellent. Very fresh and well prepared
The saxophonist in the background was unobtrusive and added to the atmosphere

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (41)

Reviewed January 16, 2020

I so want to give this Cafe a top rating because -- they have done a wonderful job with decorations and presentation of the tables, -- the owner is sincere and wants it to be a success and -- it's a great location and for some reason restaurants don't seem to be successful there. The ambiance gets an excellent, the food an okay.
Came for lunch...... The restaurant is lovely, the tables beautifully set, we were greeted. While the waiter was fun, but he didn't fit into the ambiance of this beautiful setting, neither dress-wise nor comment-wise. It was sort of Dune Dog service in an upscale atmosphere....like they can't decide what they want to be. (both are good)
I ordered the Sampler ($16) which came with an excellent cup of soup and 4 samples of various items. The potato with cheese was all potato. I don't question that there was cheese but I never found it. The little BLT wrap was good, the crab cake was good, the little steak taco was extremely salty.
Service was attentive. One steak salad came with an edge of thick fat. The owner said that the chef told her that's how the steak comes. True but it needs to be cut off before presented in the salad. The owner and the waiter did try to make everyone happy.
They have been open almost a year. A lot of thought and love has gone into the building, decorations and knowledge of the history of the building. I hope hope hope that it can all come together. Downtown old Stuart has many restaurants, it's not easy to start a new one and find that special nitch that pulls people from their usual places.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank Liamsmamo
Reviewed December 19, 2019

Dec. 18, 2019 - for lunch. Waiter apologized on arrival that he was a bartender. Ordered
cheeseburgers. Lettuce was romaine RIBS - no leaves. French fries were luke warm and wedges were black! There was no sugar/sweetner or salt/pepper on table.
We were overcharged - $18 for cheeseburger. He said that was price - I said no, extra $2 for bacon not cheese. I had to ask for the menu to show him. I don't think he was happy I wanted new check.

Date of visit: December 2019
Adventure66311144662, Owner at Cafe Martier @POST OFFICE ARCADE, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2019

Hello, this is Lisa. I am so terribly sorry. Frankly, I am totally embarrassed. I will address your experience tomorrow with both the bartender & kitchen. Please accept my sincere apology. We work hard for perfection. I shall make adjustments. That’s my job.
Warm Martier regards,
Lisa
Chief Happiness Officer

Reviewed December 7, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful food. Fine service. It was perfect for a Birthday celebration. Our food was delicious, the service,attentive and we were comped desert.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed November 18, 2019

We came to visit over the weekend for the first time after hearing excellent things about them from coworkers. We were thoroughly impressed with the space and the decor, it invoked a sense of comfort that is seldom felt in a restaurant. We were immediately greeted by our server Ashley. She was extremely gregarious and very knowledgeable of the menu. She recommended the short rib to us, and she did not let us down. It was excellent. Overall, we will be going back and hope we are lucky enough to have Ashley once again.

Date of visit: November 2019