“Beautiful New Courtyard with Starbucks”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Courtyard Stuart

Courtyard Stuart
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Stuart
“Beautiful New Courtyard with Starbucks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

I am a business traveler and frequent the Marriott chain. There is nothing more that makes me happier than a brand new CY with a Starbucks on the property. I stumbled upon this hotel and so glad I did. The customer service at check in was pleasant, the 2 young gentlemen running the Starbucks were exceptional with their service. I rarely write review due to the frequent travel and many different hotels I visit. I felt this one deserved a shout out! The cracker barrel and McDonalds is within walking distance of the hotel if you are a fan of those chains. Great location!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank travelismylife007
whgecomm, General Manager at Courtyard Stuart, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear travelismylife007:
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. I am happy to read you were satisfied with our features, amenities and our Team of Associates! I will be sure to pass on your comments as our Staff always enjoys hearing feedback from our guests! If you are in the Stuart area again, we hope you will come back and visit us!

Jacqueline Lewis
General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

I travel extensively but have not stayed at a Courtyard Marriott in quite a few years. I was a bit hesitant when I made the reservation on Marriott's web site as one of the features listed "New Lobby". I thought...hmmm....they redid the lobby but not the rooms? Wonder what the rooms are like!

Well I was pleasantly surprised that the entire hotel: lobby, halls, restaurant, guest room, grounds and pool all look brand new and are meticulously maintained.

Unlike the majority of hotels in this mid range category, Courtyards do NOT provide complimentary breakfast. One of the room rate choices was a package including breakfast for 2 but the difference between that and just the room was $30. I did not select that for two reasons: First, I figured we could buy breakfast ourselves even at the hotel for less than that. Second, when traveling for pleasure, we prefer to experience local places to eat at. Also, it turns out, there is a Cracker Barrel restaurant right next door, although we are not fans of the chain due to their historical discrimination against gay and lesbian employees and customers.

Our king bed with sofa room was extremely clean and well maintained. I usually am not very comfortable in hotel rooms that do not have central air. This had a unit under the window. Usually they blow on you, too much, when you are in bed or they don't cool the room adequately. NOT the case here. The layout of the room and the efficiency of the unit made it quite comfortable.

The huge shower stall was a nice surprise. And the rooms are very sound proof. Never even heard voices in the hallway.

I made a wrong assumption thinking the hotel was within walking distance of the Stuart historic downtown area. Not so. It is actually right by I-95 and takes 10 minutes to go into town. No big deal.

I mention the interstate to point out that they have done an excellent job in masking that fact with regard to the recreational areas. When you go from the lobby through the back set of doors, they open into a walled in area that has a very long swimming pool (great for laps), a hot tub, a gas fire pit with cushioned chairs, and several patio groups with sofas. It provides a very private, comfortable feel. You don't notice the interstate or mind the high cement walls that surround you. I was quite impressed.

Overall, I highly recommend the hotel and would return without any hesitations.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

The front office staff is very friendly from the minute you walk in the door. Everyone was very accommodating. We had a great time just lounging on the chairs by the pool enjoying the weather. They even have a Starbucks on site! Even thought they offer food it is convenient that Crackle Barrel is next door.I Loved the bed and pillows! It is a very nice, clean, comfortable, modern and affordable. I will stay there again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Love the Marriott brand! This is an excellent hotel for the value. Service was impeccable, lobby was clean and inviting. Would highly recommend this hotel to any traveler in and around the Stuart area.

Room Tip: Rooms near stairwell are the best, easy in and out and without the wait for the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

A year ago I was "bumped" from my room over a weekend stay at this hotel in Stuart, Florida. I was a bit apprehensive in putting in my reservation but allowed the hotel a second chance. This visit went off without an issue and the service and the staff were responsive and respectful. The wife and kids loved to pool and hot-tub while daddy was doing some business locally over a long weekend. Never was a need not met immediately by the staff and the hotel was clean and well kept up. The family is already planning another weekend stay and this time we will feel no issue with reserving a room at the Courtyard. The Moonpie in the room was a small but great jesture also ...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Hernando Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

When we first arrived I was a little thrown off by the hotel lobby design being so different with the smaller front desks and large cafe area. The booths even had TV's in them! The front desk staff was very friendly. When we walked into our room we were very happy with the layout. The designers really utilized the entire space very nicely. Sitting area, desk, small refrig & microwave. The decor was very comfy and the bathroom design was great & functional.
There was a nice pool and new patio furniture and even a fire pit to enjoy in the evening.
Really a very nice hotel!
Sunday morning around 11:30 we were checking out and wanted Starbucks and something to eat. Coffee only as the rest of the "griddle was closed" don't know why but Crackel Barrel is right next door.....
Would definitely stay here again. Not disappointed by not paying the extra $$ to stay at the Hutchinson Island Marriott.

Room Tip: We didn't have a balcony room but didn't realize there were balconies till walking in the pa...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cary, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

We stayed for about 4 nights over Christmas Holiday. I am told the place was recently renovated. Looked pretty much new inside. Nickpicks would be only mirror is in the bathroom and the sink is too small which is a common problem in hotels. Hotels must get cheap pricing on tiny sinks and faucets that sit low so you can barely get your hands under the stream of water. Also breakfast was not as good as other Courtyards and Residence Inns I've been in but I heard that all of them have recently gone down slightly in quality. But overall a very nice hotel and we will stay again next year to visit family. One more thing... it needs better signage once you get off the main road into the possibly private road which adjoins the parking lot.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beguna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuart
BEST WESTERN Downtown Stuart
Old Colorado Inn
Old Colorado Inn
#1 of 11 in Stuart
Hampton Inn & Suites Stuart-North
Holiday Inn Express Stuart
Courtyard Hutchinson Island Oceanside/Jensen Beach
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Stuart

Been to Courtyard Stuart? Share your experiences!