“Wonderful B&B with good restaurant”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stuart
The Harbor Inn & Marina
Ranked #3 of 4 Stuart B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2014

The accomodation was very clean. We have had a spacious room with wooden floor. The restaurant is good with a friendly staff and good tasting food. It is off the main business area. Very quiet location.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ingo D

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We booked rooms, and showed up a little early. First of all we had to scour the whole property for an employee since no one was at the desk. A contractor, renovating a room, aproached us and helped us out. So anyways, i was waiting outside of my room for beds to be changed (again we arrived early). The maid ran and got brand new sheets from the laundry room but stuck the Same old comforter and pillows on our bed. i know these were dirty because.. there was HAIR and CRUMBS all over it. Disgusting. Secondly the bathroom was atrocious! I dont know when the last time it was SWEPT let alone mopped up or DISINFECTED. the shower floor was turning black, i rubbed a piece of toilet paper on the floor, you should have seen the FILTH stuck to it. The sink had a strand of black hair in it (not mine). My room had wood floors, my friend stayed in a room with carpet(her room was just as gross as mine if not worse), it was stained everywhere, have they not heard of a carpet cleaner?! The only nice thing about this place is the view (which is nothing but boat docks) and possibly the bar, which in all actuality isnt that great eaither, kind of small.
I really just couldnt stick around this hotel there was no way i was waisting my money to stay in someone elses filth.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank saltlife234
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Just returned from two nights at The Harbor Inn and Marina. First, keep in mind this is an $80/night motel. Don’t expect the Hilton. This is just one of thousands of motor hotels than line the East Coast of Florida. All built in the early 60’s with period tile bathrooms and furnished years ago. The good ones have had maintenance, the office staff speaks English, and they have something charming to offer. You know what the others are like. This one was quite clean. I did have one of the remodeled marina-view rooms. Two twin beds. I thought mine was fabulous. My wife wasn’t as thrilled about hers. Some rooms come with a refrigerator and microwave. Ours didn’t. (Creatively, we brought our own.) Shower was nice. The trains are a bit of nuisance. They are close by, and begin their morning runs reliably at 4:00 am. The manager Scott, was most obliging. We needed our van for transporting fellow boaters, and even though we had an 11:00 checkout time, he arraigned for storage of our (ridiculously excessive) stuff until we finally departed Stuart at about 3 pm. Something charming is their Deck restaurant. This is popular hangout for locals at sunset, as they have a fabulous western exposure. Always respect a place favored by locals. They had a live music group both nights we were there. They have outdoor seating, indoor seating (for us Floridians who’ve seen the sunset before), and a nice bar. Prices are reasonable, and the staff is quite friendly. If I was in Stuart, I’d defiantly stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for the remodeled rooms. There is tremendous variability about things like microwaves, refrigera...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Carl S
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We wanted to stay at an "Olde Florida" place that was still clean and kept up. The Harbor Inn reported they were clean and in the process of renovations. They also boasted free WiFi. Well, it was definitely old. The bathroom had base boards peeling off the wall, we didn't use the shower because the floor was very dingy and dark and small. There is no outlet for any appliance use. Toilet and tiny sink were really old. Barely room to move, and I am 5 feet tall 105 pounds. Pity the larger guest.
The carpet was stained and dirty, the door screens torn, and no WiFi. I went to the office to inquire on the WiFi password they provided as it did not work. There was no one there so after waiting 10 minutes I returned to my room and called them from my cell phone. (Oh yeah, there are no phones in the room either). I was told there is a new password and they would text it to me. Got the text, but still no WiFi access. I gave up. Dinner at the Deck Restaurant was typical deck food, what we expected so no surprise there. Live music was so loud we couldn't converse. The bed had a new mattress and we slept well, even though there was a lot of parking lot noise since our front door was right at the parking lot. It is within walking distance to the historic downtown area which we enjoyed a lot. I guess you get what you pay for, but $97.00/per night seems like a lot to pay for an old dirty room with no phone or WiFi. If they modernized a bit and replaced all the very old furnishings this would be a lovely place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KENNETH R
Scott C, Manager at The Harbor Inn & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

I would like to take this time to thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our property. I am sorry that you were disapointed with your experience. We are always trying to improve our guests experiences and appreciate you pointing out the areas that we did not meet your expectations. We understand your fustration with our WiFi service. We had a storm take out our system and have been using a temporary system as we work to rebuild a better system so that we can provide quality internet to all our guests. We have taken your review of the condition of the room seriously, and have made corrections to the issues and have plans to remodel the entire room as we have with 5 of our 7 waterfront rooms. I would invite you to visit us again and stay in one of our remodeled rooms on us so you can see the changes we have made and help us on how we can make them even better. Again we thank you again for your review and hope you visit us again so we can show you we are dedicated to making every guests stay amazing.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

My husband and I went to Stuart to eat at The Deck in January 2013. The food was exquisite (we had fish tacos to die for and he had sliders), the drink special "Sunset" was addictive. Hubby had one of the many beer selections, and the atmosphere on the water, with a fabulous live band was some of the best relaxation we had had together in a long time. We listened to the music and enjoyed the weather for hours. For us, it is less than an hour away, so when our anniversary rolled around, it was a no-brainer to do a stay-cation for a night.

We reserved a room at the Harbor Inn (under $80!!!) and found the sweetest room, newly-renovated with adorable décor and very comfy bed. It is a small room, but for just the two of us on our anniversary, simply perfect. Kitchenette with a new mini-fridge and best of all: the porch. It overlooks the harbor, and when we weren't eating a drinking on The Deck, we were rocking on the porch, watching a pair of dolphins swim by the docks under an unreal salmon sky. Like Key West for a fraction of the price, and none of the crazy driving and hooligans. If you can find a place like that in South Florida under $100, where service is stellar, I'd love to see your guidebooks, because to us, this place is like our own private Eden. We have gone back to stay since, and once to just enjoy an afternoon on The Deck, but if their service and food stay this way, we'll be coming back for years to come.

Room Tip: Any room looking over the water is perfect.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank palmbeachpr
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

Recently renovated rooms. Bright, cheery & clean. Best of all -- comfortable beds !! Watch the sunset from your porch with a cocktail from the Restaurant/bar on site. You never have to leave the premises. Will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed a t the Harbor inn last week for just one night when I was visiting a friend in Stuart. The manager was very helpful, the room was nice and clean, somewhat small, very comfortable bed, small bathroom, kitchen area with refrigerator, but the best part was the screened in porch overlooking the Harbor.

I also met my friend for sunset drinks at the Deck which was also very nice. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo