“Heron House #5”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Apt. 3 Heron House

Huge living area!
Full queen bed Full kitchen, fridge, oven, stove, freezer, dishes, etc
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
Full queen bed
Full kitchen, fridge, oven, stove, freezer, dishes, etc
large eating area if you bring a large group!
Full Bathroom with Bathtub
The best sunset in north Florida!
The main entrance to the Heron House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Jacob w
“Decent for the price”
Reviewed June 18, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Booked this for 1 night and for the price it’s not that bad. It’s very clean and isnt bad if you need somewhere cheap to stay for a short time. However I had originally booked apt. 5 but was put in apt three for some reason the owner couldn’t explain but since it had the same amount of beds we didn’t complain but it is a bit unfair. The main problem is the awful pull out sofa bed that is basically un-sleepable because it is so old and falling apart so keep that in mind if you plan on staying here that I wouldn’t plan on sleeping on it. Also when leaving we wanted to see if we could push our check out time back an hour and the owner happily tried to help work that out but she wanted to do this by moving the incoming guest to a different room to which I told her never mind don’t do that. This shows how easily she will give you a different room than you booked so expect that if you stay here.

Reviewed May 1, 2018 for a stay in April 2018
person found this review helpful

Mark P
“Meh....”
Reviewed July 17, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Ok if you are desperate for a place to stay. German roaches running around the apartment... and on you.... the pull out couch / bed... don't bother! I'm still hurting! I'm actually glad it was only one night! Not sure it would have been different at any other room there.. advertised price is NOT what we were charged. My father and I were charged $112.00for one night. More like 12 hours. I would suggest sleeping in your vehicle. (In my honest opinion). Friendly staff was a plus. That was the only plus. Not EVER again. If I had brought my wife there, not just no, but "oh hell no"!! I think we should have been paid to stay there. I hope this helps someone!

Management Response
Jul 25, 2017
Bogus review! Do not believe it. Suspect he is working for competitor rental in Steinhatchee. Sad someone can be so mean. Bless his heart. Our other reviews are 4 and 5 stars.

Travelers are raving about these Steinhatchee hotels

8reales
Live Oak, Florida
“Pet friendly motel”
Reviewed October 26, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I stayed at Heron House for 3 weeks. The accommodation was excellent, Queen size bedroom, full kitchen, including pots, pans etc., living room, outside deck and a fenced in yard area, everything that is needed for an extended stay. Plenty of parking for my truck and a boat if needed.
All of the staff and the owners were very friendly and helpful and made my stay very enjoyable.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: This is more than a motel, it is like an apartment rental with all of the extras.
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Solo
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing