“A must in Steinhatchee!”

Who Dat Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Steinhatchee
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Fun Outdoor dining over the water
Reviewed September 4, 2013

There are just a handful of places on the water to eat, drink & be merry in Steinhatchee and we hit this place EVERYTIME we go to Steinhatchee!! We love the atmosphere, food, drink and employees!!!

1  Thank hllangford

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I recently went on vacation to Steinhatchee. After checking in with the Wonderfully friendly Mrs. Dawn, we put all of our belongings into are cabin. (Which was quite roomy, might I add!) Exhausted from an 8 hour trip we headed over to the Who Dat Bar and Grill for some dinner. Our waitress was very nice, and informational. As this was our first time we didn't know what to get, everything looked so yummy! My children ordered chicken fingers and popcorn shrimp, which they loved! I ordered a GOOD TIMES DOG, Hot dog wrapped in bacon and deep fried, interesting I know, But it was the best! My husband ordered the grouper, and loved it. I don't even eat fish and I thought the grouper was delicious!! Oh and they have the best fried green beans....... after dinner we stayed in the restaurant to listen to the DJ play some tunes, my husband and I had a couple of drinks while the kids played games on the patio! ( they have pool tables, air hockey ect.. for the kiddos!!) We hung out made some new friends and even did a line dance or two! Wonderful experience, the Managers made us feel very welcome, like a part of the family! We will definitely be back to "WHO DAT" the best place on the river!

3  Thank Ann W
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We went to Steinhatchee for the 4th of July and had a BLAST!!! We loved the GREAT food at Who Dat we had breakfast and dinner there each day! My kids loved the popcorn shrimp and so do I because its really shrimp cut into pieces covered with Panko! Love it!!! The service was great too! All of the girls that work there do a great job! We especially LOVED the managers! They are great people and so friendly from check in to check out they made us feel at home! We love visiting Steinhatchee and staying at the Good Times Motel and Marina and having Who Dat there is a GREAT added bonus!

3  Thank Mommaof3lovies
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Not very good food at all. Shrimp were over cooked and tough! The seasoning that they use on the seafood makes everything taste the same. I ordered Grouper and Shrimp and they tasted alike. I have never had a piece of grouper as thin as the fish I got there. The fish also had no texture as it was over cooked.

At breakfast the next morning, my Western Omlette had a hint of the grease used to cook the seafood. My wife's pancakes also had the hint of the taste from the night before. We did not attempt to finish our evening meal or our food at breakfast.

Service was not good, it took 20 minutes to get our check in the evening and after 30 minutes at breakfast I had to go ask for my check.

Way overpriced for what you received.

3  Thank Topgun48
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Well, this was the week of the 4th of July so I'm in an understanding mood. I have a place down here on the Steinhatchee River about a mile upstream from Who Dat. This was our first visit since the reopening of this restaurant and bar and, believe me, it was crowded with large parties. We arrived at 7:15 PM were served our drinks and placed our order. We were finally served at 9:00 PM. Our waitress was very polite and most apologetic but didn't really have a handle on the situation -- think she must have been new as a wait staffer. I've gotta admit that, when it finally got to our table, the food was really good; snapper, grouper, shrimp and local bay scallops. When the manager was informed about our table's near two hour wait, he came over and personally apologized, explaining that they were short a cook and that two orders had been lost. I can well understand falling victim to situations beyond one's control but I do think he should have given us some sort of credit or consolation drink... or maybe a "Who Dat" tee but he didn't.
As I said, the food was great and I plan to return during normal, non Holiday, times. We need another good place in town so I hope we'll be pleased with our future experience. Without fail, I shall update this review immediately after my next visit.
As a parting note, I might mention that the friends we were dining with are the owners of a rather large RV park and Campground nearby and will be, for better or worse, an active reference source as to nearby attractions.... and restaurants!

2  Thank lever8651