“What a poor choice.”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Starke
Ft Wayne Indiana
“What a poor choice.”
Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights. It is nothing like the picture. The room was very dirty, the pool was mossy and closed and the restauratnt was not open. We had 3 pEople and had to beg for more than 2 towels which we of vwery poor quality. For lack of a betyter word, this place is a 'DUMP". It should be condemned.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank medic8008
mimi97florida, Front Office Manager at Legacy Inn - Starke, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
I'm very sorry that you were unhappy with your stay. I hope that if you are in our area again, you will allow us the opportunity to make a better impression. Thank-you, Elizabeth Atwood ( Off. Mgr.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed June 25, 2010

On our way to South Florida I called hotels.com to make reservations for the Days Inn at Starke Fl. I new we would be late getting in and I wanted to be sure we could get rooms.On arrival we found Hotels.com had not contacted them. Maria Pernell the night clerk helped us get rooms and more importantly made sure we were not double billed as Hotels.com had already taken our credit card number. She went out of her way to help us late at night and we want to thank her.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank-you for the compliments re: our staff. They do work hard and we appreciate them as well. We hope that you will come back and see us the next time you're in the area. Sincerely, Elizabeth Atwood ( Off. Mgr.)
Bradenton
Reviewed July 29, 2009

The gal at the fron desk, Maria, was absolutely wonderful. What a personality! It's just too bad that Starke is on Rt. 301... most folks travel Rt. 75 (N/S), so they don't get the traffic like on the Interstate. My friend and I were coming from PA and WANTED to get off the Interstate and this hotel had everything and was near everything that we wanted!
It was a great night before we drove home to Bradenton, FL.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
mimi97florida, Assistant Manager at Legacy Inn - Starke, responded to this review, February 17, 2010
Thank -you for your praise. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.Also, thank-you for your comments re: Maria. She has been a real asset to our company. I hope we will see you again soon. manager
atl ga
Reviewed March 25, 2009

the young lady(sheray) at the counter at the time was so rude until i asked for her name.then for the manager that never came.after a 20min wait of her talking to other people i finally got a room .the room smelled and wasnt that clean.she was more into talking to my company than helping me.if you ever go you better keep an eye on your company are they may get hit on.

• Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
mimi97florida, Manager at Legacy Inn - Starke, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
We have been going thru some major changes on property recently. We apologize for any problems that you may have experienced and we do hope that you will give us another try in the future. Thank you for your input and we will continue to try and improve our guest services along with our overall presentation. Thank-you.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2008

I decided to stay at Days Inn starke for an event over the memorial weekend 2008. I called 2 months in advance and booked only to arrive and find that they had made a mistake in my booking. I spent 20 minutes waiting for the people at reception to work out what they were gonna do listening to the lady tell me how this happens all the time and that the staff taking the bookings are complete idiots.
They then gave me a room which contained towels covered in blood but folded up so i only found out when I got out of the shower and to my complete horror a used tampon on the floor. So walking to the reception they instead of giving me a different room just gave me some new towels and left the tampon for me clean away. I later tried to plug in the charger for my phone and the wall power socket fell off the wall and hung there by its wires. All in all this place need a complete overhaul.
Don't be fooled either by the lovely looking blue clean pool in the picture its actually green and filfthy. Needless to say I checked out as soon as I possibly could. I did ask to see the Manager but apparently he was too busy dealing with complaints from other guests to contact me. I can honestly say that I will never ever stay in a Days Inn again.

• Liked — nothing it was absolutely terrible
  • Disliked — it was filthy
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed February 27, 2008

Stayed here one night with my teenage daughter, and found it acceptable for the price we paid.

Although I had called in my reservation and had a confirmation number, they lost my reservation. Thankfully, they did have enough rooms and we got one. The front desk was not overly friendly, but not exactly unfriendly either.

This is an older property, but is fairly well maintained. The rooms were clean and comfortable, but nothing fancy. There are exterior corridors. There is a hotel restaurant, but we did not have any meals there. Our friends that did eat there found the service very slow and the food was mediocre.

I would recommend this hotel to someone on a budget who is not too fussy.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — It's old
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
Central Illinois
Reviewed January 31, 2008

I was in town on Business, checked in and when I got to my room, I heard dogs barking in the next 2 rooms, I can't stand a barking dog, or maybe I can't stand people who let their dogs bark. I went to teh desk and the very pleasant young lady at the desk moved me to a different room away from dogs, went to new room, wrong, 2 big vicous terrior type barkers in the next room, decided to try to stick it out, went to dinner in "Ham Bones" on site resturant. Very slow, while I was waiting 2 couples who were already there, started complaining about the wait. One couple got their food and immediately said everything was cold, waitress took food back to warm it. In the mean time the other couple said they had been waiting for an hour and got up and left, two minutes later the waitress came with their food. Then she brought my food, my steak was seared on the out side, OK, but I noticed it looked rather RAW on the side, I cut into it, irt was RAW. I touched it and it was cold to the touch. The creamed corn was very cold. I sent it back. It came back with the steak done, but the cream corn was still cold. Corn bread was DAYS old. Went back to my room and listened to the dogs bark and gave up and checked out, no charge, I was in the room for less than 1 hour, and drove 28 miles to Gainsville, FL for a Holiday Inn. NO DOGS. Would not recommend this motel to anyone, except if you have dogs and are deaf.

• Liked — The young lady on the front desk at check in
  • Disliked — Dogs next door and lousy resturant
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Starke
BEST WESTERN Starke
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
Red Roof Inn Baldwin
#1 of 2 in Baldwin
Travelodge Suites MacClenny

Been to Legacy Inn - Starke? Share your experiences!