“Great Bar-B-Q and Service”
Review of Sonny’s BBQ

Sonny’s BBQ
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Starke
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Gainesville, Florida
“Great Bar-B-Q and Service”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The best Bar-B-Q in Gainesville in my opinion. I like the sliced pork dinner.
The sides are also very good. Resonably priced for the quality and amount of food you get. Great quick service as well. Definitely recommend.

Visited April 2012

Stratford, Canada
“Hugely Popular, Enought Good Food to Understand Why the US has an Obesity Problem”
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Cheerful, good salad bar, big portions of tasty BBQ, drop in if you are headed through.

• Visited March 2012
Owens Cross Roads, Alabama
“Yeah Sonny's!”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

When I travel to Florida by car I always stop at this Sonny's. It never disappoints. On the night I visited every table was full and there was a wait. Yet, I always I had everything I needed and my glass was never less than half-full. The food is consistently great, and the service is equally outstanding. Tip: Try the High Springs Chicken. I don't know what they marinade it in, but is excellent. A great dish.

• Visited March 2012
Starke, Florida
“Best Sonny's in 100 Mile Radius of Starke”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I live here in Starke and this is one of the best restaurants we have. I like Sonny's and have eaten at various ones in nearby towns. This one is by far the best. Best food, best price, best service. They revovated a year or two ago and added additional seating. They did a fantastic job. Looks great. I would recommend this restaurant above all others in town.

• Visited January 2012
Finger Lakes, New York
“It's a chain BBQ joint, but it ain't too bad”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Half way from I-95 across FL to I-75 lies Starke, FL. If you can negotiate the small parking lot (hint - park AWAY from the building & walk a few steps), it's worth a stop on your way through town. Sunday afternoon, after the church crowd & toward the end of the lunch rush, we stopped for the major meal of the day. All-you-can-eat BBQ chicken, two sides & two non-alcoholic drinks, and out the door for less than $30. The chicken was moist, although the skin was almost too touch to chew, and the sauces add to the taste (try sweet & sizzling). The slaw is not spiced; the beans are cooked just enough, and the broccoli was exquisitely cooked - no butter and just al dente.
We've only stopped at this location, so cannot speak for the others across the region. But this one is worth a re-visit (this was our 2nd stop, two years' apart).

• Visited January 2012